Delay is simply crazy!

Didn't we just blast the hell out of someone for just this same BS logic concerning reform in the Catholic Church: the idea that A's transgressions are somehow diminished by the completely unrelated failings of B and C?

Delay's problems have nothing to do with Kennedy or Byrd.  They're Delay's.  And let's face it...if the pez-head can't even accept that law can be researched on line these days, it calls into question the idea of whether or not he should be making them.

310853[/snapback]

yes we did. But I'm trying to get to the root of slothrop's completely biased worldview. Thanks for asking, Mr. Simian.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes we did. But I'm trying to get to the root of slothrop's completely biased worldview. Thanks for asking, Mr. Simian.

311211[/snapback]

:w00t:

EVERYONE HAS A BIASED WORLD VIEW!!!! Where in the world does there exist a is Mr. or Ms. Objective (sounds like a Saturday Night Live character).

So, GIVEN my "biased world view" which you so artfully exposed, Delay is still a lunatic!! The Republicans are running away from that trainwreck. His ideology is scary as hell and it is now manifesting itself in legislation like the Constitution busting pieice of crap discussed above.

Now, if he were just any other Rep. I would not be this worked up, but he is a part of the Republican leadership!

:w00t:

EVERYONE HAS A BIASED WORLD VIEW!!!! Where in the world does there exist a is Mr. or Ms. Objective (sounds like a Saturday Night Live character).

So, GIVEN my "biased world view" which you so artfully exposed, Delay is still a lunatic!! The Republicans are running away from that trainwreck. His ideology is scary as hell and it is now manifesting itself in legislation like the Constitution busting pieice of crap discussed above.

Now, if he were just any other Rep. I would not be this worked up, but he is a part of the Republican leadership!

311233[/snapback]

Republicans are running away? I read on CNN this morning that they are willing to investigate the issues surrounding him. They even held a press conference to announce that they want to investigate him. That seems to contradict your assertions of them wanting to run away.

Republicans are running away? I read on CNN this morning that they are willing to investigate the issues surrounding him. They even held a press conference to announce that they want to investigate him. That seems to contradict your assertions of them wanting to run away.

311235[/snapback]

Shh....don't tell slothrop, but there's NO cover-up here.

311235[/snapback]

From what I hear, they are willing to investigate, so long as the Dems concede to the watered-down ethics rules. Complete BS. This is a classic example of Republicans changing the rules to come out winners, rules that they instated to take down a Democrat (one who was admittedly crooked) but also would apply to DeLay in this case.

From what I hear, they are willing to investigate, so long as the Dems concede to the watered-down ethics rules.  Complete BS.  This is a classic example of Republicans changing the rules to come out winners, rules that they instated to take down a Democrat (one who was admittedly crooked) but also would apply to DeLay in this case.

311250[/snapback]

What rules are the problem? What is being watered down?

What rules are the problem? What is being watered down?

311269[/snapback]

If I correctly remember an article I read, the GOP is attempting a unilateral effort to relax ethics rules to ensure Delay's actions fall within acceptable bahvior. The Dems on the Ethics Committee have either filed a complaint or have been very vocal about their effort to change the rules so they can be circumvented.

If I correctly remember an article I read, the GOP is attempting a unilateral effort to relax ethics rules to ensure Delay's actions fall within acceptable bahvior.  The Dems on the Ethics Committee have either filed a complaint or have been very vocal about their effort to change the rules so they can be circumvented.

311280[/snapback]

You would think that with the recent allegations against Democrat Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones, that they would welcome the rules changes since it would help a Democrat who has done the same thing as DeLay (in regards to accepting money from a lobbying group for travel expenses).

You would think that with the recent allegations against Democrat Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones, that they would welcome the rules changes since it would help a Democrat who has done the same thing as DeLay (in regards to accepting money from a lobbying group for travel expenses).

311333[/snapback]

You didn't really just put Tubbs and DeLay on an equal level did you? I'd think the dems would gladly give up Tubbs if DeLay goes too.

311235[/snapback]

I think what they are doing is worse then running away. They are not trying to defend him or just avoiding the topic - they are investigating him.

I think what they are doing is worse then running away.  They are not trying to defend him or just avoiding the topic - they are investigating him.

311542[/snapback]

Why is investigating him worse?

And that actual knowledge could lead to republicans finding their leader broke the rules. I'm glad to see this. I would also be glad to see dems do the same thing if a dem was in charge.

I think it is uncommon in todays political world for any group to do the right thing rather then just sidestep these issues.

Is "paste-eating masses" the new "hot pockets"?

Hey, we agree on something.  Never thought that would happen...

311584[/snapback]

Now, now. I'm sure we agree on many things. It's just we come at them from different angles - you being high in the trees and me being on level ground!

Shh....don't tell slothrop, but there's NO cover-up here.

311249[/snapback]

Come on now, you are not stupid. For example, Scott McLellan was asked about the president's friendship with Delay, both being from Texas. McClellan's answer, "well, there are different levels of friendship."

Now if you feed that statement through the new IBM Anti-B.S. Processor Series 400-b you get this response "do not associate the president with Delay's name."

You didn't really just put Tubbs and DeLay on an equal level did you?  I'd think the dems would gladly give up Tubbs if DeLay goes too.

311538[/snapback]

It looks like they are trying to protect more than just Tubbs:

CNN Thingy

It looks like they are trying to protect more than just Tubbs:

CNN Thingy

312516[/snapback]

Sorry - I only read articles from foxnews. 0:)

If they did the crime they should do the time. Well in the case of congress it would be if they did the crime they should pay the fine.

Of course it sounds like Hastert has been protecting others as well in the past:

"Kanjorski's controversial ties to the companies nearly resulted in House GOP leaders filing ethics charges against him in 2002. Hastert quashed the effort when Democrats threatened to file ethics charges of their own against Republicans"