The Guardian: Tom Brady's pseudoscientific wellness racket is the American dream

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

What does that mean?  Who's taking advantage of whom?

Well, they've put a crap product on the field (mostly Ralph) for the majority of the team's existence and people keep buying season tickets.

I don't see the diffrence.

Any of you read the Pats message boards?

They've been fascinating since Cam got signed.  Fans there have turned on Brady, in a big way. It's kind of hilarious to see comments like "I'm glad he won 6, but I always thought he was a little weird" and "I was getting so tired of his me-first attitude...good luck Bucs fans."

I actually realized when he left that I never hated Brady, at all. It's the Patriots I can't stand - and their lame fans.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Anyone ever tell Ralph Wilson or Terry Pegula that?

No for then they would sell the team and not deal with detractors.

Fortunately no one told them or no one who mattered or had any common sense.

29 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Well, they've put a crap product on the field (mostly Ralph) for the majority of the team's existence and people keep buying season tickets.

Well they have a lot of crap for fans.

40 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You do see a difference. You're just being ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So it was intentionally putting crap on the field was it?  And what does Pegula have to do with anything?

1 minute ago, MJS said:

You do see a difference. You're just being ridiculous.

There is no difference at all.  Tom Brady is selling a product that most people realize is crap, but there are enough people who believe in it enough to spend money on it.

Now say that sentence and replace Brady's name with Ralph's.  

Just now, Doc said:

So it was intentionally putting crap on the field was it?  And what does Pegula have to do with anything?

He certainly didn't try to build a better product.  And Pegula is still on the hook for the Ryan Bros. debacle.  That will never go away.  Am I hopeful and confident about the future?  YES.  VERY.  But let's face it ... last season was the first decent season since Pegula bought the team.  Prior to that, it wasn't pretty.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He certainly didn't try to build a better product.  And Pegula is still on the hook for the Ryan Bros. debacle.  That will never go away.  Am I hopeful and confident about the future?  YES.  VERY.  But let's face it ... last season was the first decent season since Pegula bought the team.  Prior to that, it wasn't pretty.

Sure Ralph tried.  Just because it didn't work doesn't mean he didn't. 

And who care about the brief Ryan era?  It was just 2 years.  Move on.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Sure Ralph tried.  Just because it didn't work doesn't mean he didn't. 

And who care about the brief Ryan era?  It was just 2 years.  Move on.

Don't tell me what to do.  You're not my real father!

57 minutes ago, Success said:

They've been fascinating since Cam got signed.  Fans there have turned on Brady, in a big way. It's kind of hilarious to see comments like "I'm glad he won 6, but I always thought he was a little weird" and "I was getting so tired of his me-first attitude...good luck Bucs fans."

I actually realized when he left that I never hated Brady, at all. It's the Patriots I can't stand - and their lame fans.

No dude. Be better than them.

Don't rewrite history. We have always hated Brady AND Pats fans. 

1 hour ago, Success said:

Oh, the irony!

1 hour ago, Success said:

Cam has WAY more of a "me-first" attitude than Brady. Brady played for less than he was worth his entire career in New England. That's partly why they were so good. His contracts were never crippling.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

It's called being a fan.

Holmes, the difference is medically approved products have to be approved by the FDA, which is a higher standard that CMARC (Europe’s version of the FDA) and supplements are not regulated.  They are allowed to claim almost anything so unless it’s you’re B Vitamin, or Ca, it’s a waste of $.  Other examples of course, but most if not at least many are snake oil.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's called being a fan.

I get that and I don't judge STH.  If I lived closer, I'd have them.  But I still don't think it's any different than Brady selling these products to those who believe in them.

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I get that and I don't judge STH.  If I lived closer, I'd have them.  But I still don't think it's any different than Brady selling these products to those who believe in them.

There's a slight difference. We hope the team gets a little better. We don't expect it to cure disease.