WGr with Brad Riter is THE WORST

jahbonas

It is 4 days before the NFL Draft with much to speculate about possible Henry trade or Clements trade and here were the topics discussed by Brad Riter on WGR Sports (supposed) programming:

1) What age is the least significant to claim that you shot your age for a golf score?

2) Do you bbq grill chicken with boneless breast or chicken with bone??

3) Who would you rather fight..Mike Tyson or a Kangaroo ????

How the hell do these radio hosts have a job on a sports station??? These are the same morons who talked for 2 hours one night about what utensil could you do without the least for life..a spoon a fork or a knife ??????

These are the type of topics you discussed with your pals at a sleepout when you were maybe 12 yrs old.......

I disagree...

IMHO you can't talk sports 24 hours a day/365 days a year...I think you will find most sports radio stations have an entertainment+sports host...That's what I consider the Brad Riter show - entertainment+sports, not just sports sports sports sports...

I like Brad's sense of humor and I like his show for a change of pace...( His politics suck though :rolleyes: )

He would never make it daytime, but at night he is perfect!

It is 4 days before the NFL Draft with much to speculate about possible Henry trade or Clements trade and here were the topics discussed by Brad Riter on WGR Sports (supposed) programming:

1) What age is the least significant to claim that you shot your age for a golf score?

How the hell do these radio hosts have a job on a sports station???  These are the same morons who talked for 2 hours one night about what utensil could you do without the least for life..a spoon a fork or a knife ??????

These are the type of topics you discussed with your pals at a sleepout when you were maybe 12 yrs old.......

309887[/snapback]

yawn

How the hell do these radio hosts have a job on a sports station???  These are the same morons who talked for 2 hours one night about what utensil could you do without the least for life..a spoon a fork or a knife ??????

309887[/snapback]

Dude, I wonder that every day with Brad Dumbies in Rochester!!!!!

309887[/snapback]

I think you must have missed the talk about Joe Mesi , a Buffalo person, and Brads conversation with Joes dad tonight. Joe Mesi to some a most significant subject.

IMO Brad is growing and becoming better host as he gets opportunity. I also think this is where a WGR can be huge for those in industry to offer opportunity and time to grow for young people .

One thing about Brad , its apparent he cares much for community and the local teams, not every single host need be so slick they slide its alright at times to listen to just a regular person, as so many in this industry can be so full of themselves.

A few years back Brad worked with Mike Manescalco who now has regular gig on station in West Virginia , WGR gave him his shot and good for them.

We all have right to our likes and dislikes , I support Brad and hope for him and the Sports format in Buffalo to succeed, and to do it with Local people where possible.

Brad Riter is my favorite radio person to listen to when I'm back home. He's consistently hilarious and you absolutely cannot do 24 hours a day of sports.

You guys should try listening to some of the idiots they have in other markets before you bash the guys at WGR. LA has a show called Loose Cannons where they were wondering why MLB waited so long to have the Nationals play a home game last week (duh, it's to give them extra time to have RFK ready) and Austin has exactly no one worth listening to.

Here's the thing, most people do not listen 24 hours a day. They may listen for 10-15 minutes in the AM and maybe another 15 minutes in the afternoon unless there is big news. When I turn on WGR with the draft being three days away, I want to hear Bills talk, NFL Draft talk and a little sports news. (i.e. they should have stayed with the Baby Joe Mesi interviews and news perhaps as that is a big topic here)

I do not want to hear the ridiculous topics that these idiots are talking about. How do you cook chicken? With my pants off. Next topic. They treat baseball like it's disease yet they talk about lying about golf scores, TV shows, Movies and whatever else garbage they can think of. The morning show is just as bad now as it was before. There new slogan should be "WGR Sometimes Sports Radio 55: Maybe you will get sports talk......maybe not."

Here's the thing, most people do not listen 24 hours a day. They may listen for 10-15 minutes in the AM and maybe another 15 minutes in the afternoon unless there is big news. When I turn on WGR with the draft being three days away, I want to hear Bills talk, NFL Draft talk and a little sports news. (i.e. they should have stayed with the Baby Joe Mesi interviews and news perhaps as that is a big topic here)

I do not want to hear the ridiculous topics that these idiots are talking about. How do you cook chicken? With my pants off. Next topic. They treat baseball like it's disease yet they talk about lying about golf scores, TV shows, Movies and whatever else garbage they can think of. The morning show is just as bad now as it was before. There new slogan should be "WGR Sometimes Sports Radio 55: Maybe you will get sports talk......maybe not."

309950[/snapback]

I am primarily a listener when I am in my car driving on the way to and from work(or just out and about). So like you, I only listen for 15-20 minutes at a time and it is frustrating that during one of those timeframes, you get stuck with nonsense. The focus should be on more interviews both local and nationally, but instead you sometimes get a host who just likes to hear himself talk for hours on end.

I am primarily a listener when I am in my car driving on the way to and from work(or just out and about).  So like you, I only listen for 15-20 minutes at a time and it is frustrating that during one of those timeframes, you get stuck with nonsense.  The focus should be on more interviews both local and nationally, but instead you sometimes get a  host who just likes to hear himself talk for hours on end.

310139[/snapback]

The problem with all the dead time seems to be a lack of callers. The on-air guys then have to then prattle on to fill the time until the next commercial break.

The idea of more interviews is great, but I suspect it would cost more in terms of Producers, etc. WGR seems like it's cutting back on costs now that Empire is out of the way.

Oh well, maybe we can get back to normal once Training Camp opens up.

The problem with all the dead time seems to be a lack of callers.  The on-air guys then have to then prattle on to fill the time until the next commercial break.

The idea of more interviews is great, but I suspect it would cost more in terms of Producers, etc.  WGR seems like it's cutting back on costs now that Empire is out of the way. 

310165[/snapback]

That's why they went out and got Howard Simon?

Brad Reiter is great - especially when he and jermey white did a whole show on foods you can eat exclusively every day for a week without throwing up - that was hysterical!

Oh yeah, last year he and Jeremy did a great job with the draft, starting in December!

I say - Jello.