Trump's Tulsa Rally: America Strikes Back

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

It's ok, if they make an overall difference then its all good! And when Trump is gone, real progress will be made :) 

Tom Petty’s family members released a joint statement today denouncing the use of Petty’s song “I Won’t Back Down” at Donald Trump’s campaign rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The legendary singer-songwriter, who died in 2017, “wrote this song for the underdog, for the common man and for everyone,” Petty’s family members stated. They continued, “We want to make it clear that we believe everyone is free to vote as they like, think as they like, but the Petty family doesn’t stand for this. We believe in America and we believe in democracy. But Donald Trump is not representing the noble ideals of either. We would hate for fans that are marginalized by this administration to think we were complicit in this usage. Concurrently, we have issued a cease and desist notice to the Trump campaign.” Trump has a long and varied history of musicians — including Neil Young, Adele, and Elton John — rejecting the use of their songs at his campaign events. Trump’s campaign has not yet responded to the Petty family’s statement.

Tom Petty could have used an intervention somewhere along the line, but it's never too late to care. 

45 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Not quite the same, but this is what people are seeing.  Insane:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/stepmother-of-atlanta-cop-in-rayshard-brooks-shooting-fired-from-job

Lol...you have no facts. You don't know the person or the circumstances around her termination.

Just sensationalized rhetoric to support your views. Most of this political forum is like that 24/7.

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

2 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

12 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

51 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

2 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

12 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

12 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

12 hours ago, Justice said:

12 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The desperation and fear in these "posters" is palpable.

Same words, same old pix, same old attacks.

For stating this , I  will be dismissed as a Trump zombie.........................you know,  the usual

But I was away and just read the last ten pages...................and the coordinated "it's a failure" was laughable.

Crowd pictures from before Trump came out lauded as some kind of proof.................and then repeated and repeated :lol:

The rest of the campaign should prove entertaining.

But not as entertaining as Election Day.

I look forward to these folks posting with such vigor then.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

more blather in a large font

Trump paid for the rights to use  those songs.  Th artists signed away their rights   to stop him when  they  sighed  a  recording contract.  As long as they are paid according to BMI or ASCAP   rules,  anyone can play them in public. Chrissy Hynde   was complaining about Rush Limbaugh  playing her "My City Was Gone" as his theme song, but finally shut up when ASCAP informed her of the $ she was getting for every time he played it ( approximately 200-250 time a year for 30 years)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He's smart. He isn't trying to infect his supporters 

...he has NUMEROUS infections............

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Do you think Biden really needs to host rallies? 

Or just the Loser in Chief?

...well then you could put your time to CONSTRUCTIVE use.....there is a FIRST for everything...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

For stating this , I  will be dismissed as a Trump zombie.........................you know,  the usual

But I was away and just read the last ten pages...................and the coordinated "it's a failure" was laughable.

Crowd pictures from before Trump came out lauded as some kind of proof.................and then repeated and repeated :lol:

you are a goof.  Who cares about crowd size in terms of success or failure.  The funny part is someone promising never-before-seen crowd size and not delivering 

The Trump campaign got pranked. Apparently, tons of people reserved the free tickets online to drive the numbers up.

Sorry if this was already posted.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-gloats-that-trumps-tulsa-turnout-was-sabotaged-by-teens-on-tiktok

Interesting that reports were all peaceful yesterday along with a great National Guard presence, but then the campaign tried to claim protesters blocked people from getting in...

24 minutes ago, B-Man said:

...LMAO....rolled out my toilet paper this morning and those were the names on the first seven sheets....coincidence??...........

Atlanta mayor calls Trump's Tulsa rally 'an embarrassment'

"That rally was an embarrassment. It was absolutely what the nation does not need right now. He did not speak about healing. He did not recognize any of the racial tensions that are happening across our country," Bottoms told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

"Instead, he does what he always does. He continues to try and divide us and really inflames the worst in people. And so I just hope that this is a good sign that the country is moving on from him," she continued.

"Like so many people across this country, my first response was that, 'I hope that this is a preview for November,'" Bottoms said. "That finally people are recognizing that this man is a danger to our country, a danger to our democracy. And he should not be the President of the United States of America."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/21/politics/keisha-lance-bottoms-trump-tulsa-rally-cnntv/index.html

7 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

The Republicans will probably eliminate ticket limits in response...

was there a limit to tickets? Because 1 Million seems like a ridiculous number for a building that only holds around 20,000.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1