Bills & skins have not discussed NC

Dan III

Neil Cornrich, declined to comment on any potential interest in Clements yesterday, but during a conversation last week spoke glowingly of the player's bond with Williams.

"Nate tremendously enjoyed playing for Coach Williams and he seemed to be a very good fit for Gregg's system," Cornrich said. "Nate led the Bills in interceptions every year he played for coach Williams and he's certainly one of the best defensive coaches in the NFL."

Sounds like a good fit.

The Redskins and Bills have not discussed a Clements trade, sources said.
The sources are.... Hmm. Something is fishy here.

While I don't believe the Bills are going to trade Clements, that article said a lot of nothing. It said that the Redskins denied talking about a Buchanon trade last week but said league sources report they are talking about a trade for Buchanon. So which is it? It said Gibbs said there were no trade talks with the Bills last week (which could have been before the rumor started) but then said Clements agent declined comment about it yesterday. So in other words, the Skins may or may not have discussed a trade for Buchanon, and may or may not have discussed a trade with Clements.

What it did say, however, is that they only had 1.5 mil in cap room, and they would have to get a bit more to extend Nate, which is the only way they would trade for him.

While I don't believe the Bills are going to trade Clements, that article said a lot of nothing. It said that the Redskins denied talking about a Buchanon trade last week but said league sources report they are talking about a trade for Buchanon. So which is it? It said Gibbs said there were no trade talks with the Bills last week (which could have been before the rumor started) but then said Clements agent declined comment about it yesterday. So in other words, the Skins may or may not have discussed a trade for Buchanon, and may or may not have discussed a trade with Clements.

What it did say, however, is that they only had 1.5 mil in cap room, and they would have to get a bit more to extend Nate, which is the only way they would trade for him.

308594[/snapback]

Clements salary is $2.5 million, so they would likely need to release/trade Gardner in order to make the deal happen anyhoo.

I want Clements to stay and then franchise him

Clements salary is $2.5 million, so they would likely need to release/trade Gardner in order to make the deal happen anyhoo.

I want Clements to stay and then franchise him

308600[/snapback]

I do, too. My point was there doesn't seem like any chance the Skins would trade the #9 for Clements for just one year and then he becomes a FA. Contingent on the trade would surely be an extension, otherwise, why do it?