JP Talk

JoeF

I am excited to see this kid play. I know he is working hard, studying film, learning to read coverages, learning his receivers, etc. and I want him to be prepared. He has his Yoda in Wyche and it looks like they have become fast friends.

Even with all this preparation and study, the thing I am looking forward to the most is to see him make plays when protection breaks down. I know there will be mistakes--but there will also be a lot of excitement...

Some interesting things/gimmicks I expect to see in the playbook...

Once or twice this season--a full house backfield with an option like pitch to Willis McThrillus.

Throwback pass from Moulds/Fast Freddie to JP

A couple of naked bootlegs in the red zone

This is such a stark change...we may have some advantage early in the year because the offense will look so different. Should be interesting...

totally agree Joe.

we might not have a winning record or make a playoff run (hopefully we will), but it's going to be fun just to watch JP's game progress. not only that, but also to watch how him, willis and lee come together this season as a unit. i got all 3 guys autographs on my old hat at training camp last year, and i'd love to see those three guys turn into the next kelly, thomas and reed. really lookin forward to it

JP has been great ever since we drafted him. He has been a model citizen, and seems very committed to the team and to winning. I have been very impressed with his work ethic and the way he has handled himself. Much better than was advertised before last years draft.

That being said, there are a lot of nice guys that are lousy football players. Hopefully, everything will add up and click and he will have a great career here. I have confidence that it wil happen.

the thing I am looking forward to the most is to see him make plays when protection breaks down. I know there will be mistakes--but there will also be a lot of excitement...

I think the thing I'm looking forward to most is seeing him pull the ball down, go buzzing up the seam for a key first down and upon realizing he's beyond the sticks, actually getting his skinny ass on the ground so he's not peeking out his earhole on the way back to the huddle. :w00t:

I think the thing I'm looking forward to most is seeing him pull the ball down, go buzzing up the seam for a key first down and upon realizing he's beyond the sticks, actually getting his skinny ass on the ground so he's not peeking out his earhole on the way back to the huddle.  :w00t:

308583[/snapback]

We'll see how many times more than one it happens...its called the Wonderlic of hard knocks...