NFL network just previewed Bills draft

Why do you think that there is little interest (or so it seems) in Shelton? A top LT locked into a cheap contract is worth at the very least a top 10 pick.

If your answer is that the cards want to get rid of him, fine, but again, there would be a stampede of GMs trying to obtain Shelton if they thought he was any good, wouldn't you say?

308895[/snapback]

I already answered that just above. And I don't believe that he is a top LT. I will provide it for you again even though you keep asking the same questions and keep getting answers and then keep asking the same questions.

Here is why I think there apparently isn't a huge interest in Shelton:

He is a quality and chance to be high quality player not a great player. Three million a year is a significant sum even though a lot of guys make more. We decided against DeMulling at 2.2 million, the guy everyone here wanted. By the time Green had said I have my line set and it didn't include Shelton, half or two thirds of the teams in the league had their LT basically set and their money earmarked elsewhere. Plus the fact that he's not just available, you have to give something away for him. A guy as good as Travis Henry for example, who is now, as we see, equaling a second round draft pick. There are a lot of reasons why this is happening but it is not because Shelton is just a worthless player. He would upgrade the Bills, perhaps significantly, especially considering what other players we could draft if we did not have to worry about LT.

Please, please, please, I'm begging you, do not go into a tirade about Travis not worth dirt let alone a 2nd rounder, we know your opinion on this.

Why do you think that there is little interest (or so it seems) in Shelton? A top LT locked into a cheap contract is worth at the very least a top 10 pick.

If your answer is that the cards want to get rid of him, fine, but again, there would be a stampede of GMs trying to obtain Shelton if they thought he was any good, wouldn't you say?

308895[/snapback]

Good point. Here in Cincy, RT Willie Anderson is aging and has injuries which he plays through, and LT Levi Jones has his share of nicks, but HC Lewis (who is the de facto GM as far as personnel choices go) has never mentioned Shelton's name, nor have the newspapers' beat writers.

I already answered that just above. And I don't believe that he is a top LT. I will provide it for you again even though you keep asking the same questions and keep getting answers and then keep asking the same questions.

Here is why I think there apparently isn't a huge interest in Shelton:

Please, please, please, I'm begging you, do not go into a tirade about Travis not worth dirt let alone a 2nd rounder, we know your opinion on this.

308906[/snapback]

>>>>>He is a quality and chance to be high quality player not a great player. Three million a year is a significant sum even though a lot of guys make more.<<<<<

This is where I do not agree with you. 3 mil. is anything but a tidy sum for a quality LT. Tell me, do you think that TD would have been willing to keep Jennings for 3 mil. per season? Please.

My contention is that if TD thought highly of LJ he would have been forced to make a deal almost instantly. There is a big shortage of talented LTs (and pass rushing DEs) in the NFL. They will always be in high demand, and are almost never traded.

AKC raised doubt that Shelton could make the team. Badolbilz called him a "below average LT with a chronic ankle injury." I contend that if Shelton was a good LT, the Bills could not get him for Travis Henry.

>>>>>He is a quality and chance to be high quality player not a great player. Three million a year is a significant sum even though a lot of guys make more.<<<<<

This is where I do not agree with you. 3 mil. is anything but a tidy sum for a quality LT. Tell me, do you think that TD would have been willing to keep Jennings for 3 mil. per season? Please.

My contention is that if TD thought highly of LJ he would have been forced to make a deal almost instantly. There is a big shortage of talented LTs (and pass rushing DEs) in the NFL. They will always be in high demand, and are almost never traded.

AKC raised doubt that Shelton could make the team. Badolbilz called him a "below average LT with a chronic ankle injury." I contend that if Shelton was a good LT, the Bills could not get him for Travis Henry.

308944[/snapback]

It depends on what you mean by quality. To me that is far from great, below very good, right around middle of the pack (out of 32). I think he is not as good as JJ, but slightly below. The Cards thought enough of him two years ago to give him 23 million, which I would wager is likely around 28-30 million today. They didn't think he was terrible. And he has had the unfortunate circumstance of being on the Cardinals his entire career, which could harm anyone's upward tragectory. But he is better than we have, and would start immediately, and with no signing bonus, if he doesn't work out we can cut him after one year. But with McNally he has a chance to blossom.

It depends on what you mean by quality. To me that is far from great, below very good, right around middle of the pack (out of 32). I think he is not as good as JJ, but slightly below. The Cards thought enough of him two years ago to give him 23 million, which I would wager is likely around 28-30 million today. They didn't think he was terrible. And he has had the unfortunate circumstance of being on the Cardinals his entire career, which could harm anyone's upward tragectory. But he is better than we have, and would start immediately, and with no signing bonus, if he doesn't work out we can cut him after one year. But with McNally he has a chance to blossom.

308954[/snapback]

Maybe he can serve as a stop-gap, or as you say, McNally will bring out more in him. I am just sick and tired of sub par OL play on the Bills, although 04 was the best I have seen in countless years.

It is going to be hard for the Bills to go to the playoffs and beyond without a Pace/Ogden type talent. What the Bills truly need (and deserve) is for Mike Williams to earn his huge paycheck. If he was truly dominant, I would not begrudge him one cent of his cap figure, but I guess this is for another thread. :blink:

That's really not true. He was coming off an injury and Green, just because he was the new sheriff in town, and wanted to start making examples of my way or the highway, decided to make Shelton an example. Shelton has outperformed the #2 pick in the draft about 3-4 years running. He's a very solid player, and would immediately start on the Bills. He's also a good guy with good size and good talent. They had just paid him 23 million dollars, they couldn't think he was completely terrible or hadn't proved anything in the NFL.

308844[/snapback]

I am with you I think he would be an upgrade over Jonas.