NFL network just previewed Bills draft

Am It the only one who feels that TD has something up his sleeve to get us into the late first round?

308578[/snapback]

As my mock shows, I agree with clumpy. That said if we could get a 2nd from Philly for Henry and package it with our 2nd, I could see us trying to land Khalif Barnes.

All I know is if we don't get some oline help in here JP's gonna have a long fuggin season and so are we.

308589[/snapback]

While Bennie Anderson wasn't top on my lists in terms of UFA LGs, the only hole I see on the starting O-line is LT. Granted it's a big one but if could land LJ Shelton or Barnes (or Alex Barron), I'd be satisfied.

While Bennie Anderson wasn't top on my lists in terms of UFA LGs, the only hole I see on the starting O-line is LT. Granted it's a big one but if could land LJ Shelton or Barnes (or Alex Barron), I'd be satisfied.

308590[/snapback]

Shelton is coming with lots of baggage and the fact that there is not much

interest in getting a 3M LT signed through for the next 4 years tells me

people are not enamoured by Shelton. I would rather spend the top pick

on a starting C or LT and give that guy a chance to blosom.

Shelton is coming with lots of baggage and the fact that there is not much

interest in getting a 3M LT signed through for the next 4 years tells me

people are not enamoured by Shelton.  I would rather spend the top pick

on a starting C or LT and give that guy a chance to blosom.

308734[/snapback]

whatever baggage that Shelton has - he is a much better LT than either the overhyped, but severely undermotivated, Bannon or Barnes.

whatever baggage that Shelton has - he is a much better LT than either the overhyped, but severely undermotivated, Bannon or Barnes.

308764[/snapback]

Shelton has not proved anything in the NFL...The guy was in the dog house

of Green for not showing a commitment to working out. I don't think the

bills want a guy who is a slacker.

Shelton has not proved anything in the NFL...The guy was in the dog house

of Green for not showing a commitment to working out.  I don't think the

bills want a guy who is a slacker.

308842[/snapback]

That's really not true. He was coming off an injury and Green, just because he was the new sheriff in town, and wanted to start making examples of my way or the highway, decided to make Shelton an example. Shelton has outperformed the #2 pick in the draft about 3-4 years running. He's a very solid player, and would immediately start on the Bills. He's also a good guy with good size and good talent. They had just paid him 23 million dollars, they couldn't think he was completely terrible or hadn't proved anything in the NFL.

That's really not true. He was coming off an injury and Green, just because he was the new sheriff in town, and wanted to start making examples of my way or the highway, decided to make Shelton an example. Shelton has outperformed the #2 pick in the draft about 3-4 years running. He's a very solid player, and would immediately start on the Bills. He's also a good guy with good size and good talent. They had just paid him 23 million dollars, they couldn't think he was completely terrible or hadn't proved anything in the NFL.

308844[/snapback]

Then how come there is no competition from other teams to get him. Especially

considering that he has a under-paying salary of 3m/year for a starting LT.

Also the fact that you can cut him anytime and not have any salaray cap

negative impact makes him a great pick for many teams that don't have a

LT or a avg LT.

The point is Shelton does come with a baggage and until he proves otherwise.

The question is do the Bills feel it is worth the risk to get him and start him at LT.

LT or a avg LT.

The question is do the Bills feel it is worth the risk to get him and start him at LT.

308850[/snapback]

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perfect Post!!!!!

There will never be a time in the NFL where teams will not fall all over themselves to get a good LT who is signed to a cheap, long term deal.

We can tell ourselves what a great deal this is and it might very well be, but as you said, we will not know how good LJ is until he proves it on the field.

That said, at least we would be throwing out our garbage as well.

LT or a avg LT.

Give it up Ganesh... folks want fantasy, not the truth. You're right about Shelton... The Bills have absolutely no interest in him, let alone his $3M salary.... if there is a trade between the Cards-Bills for TH, it will be straight up for the Cards #2... period. But... you can't say thing like this to the fantasy folks... they want to hear that TH is going to AZ for Shelton, Anquan Boldin, their #1 and their #2... They just don't understand reality... unfortunately, you do.

That said, at least we would be throwing out our garbage as well.

308859[/snapback]

At least our Garbage might be a precious stone amongs the rest and has

some value in the market as deemed by the trade requests from Arizona

Tampa and Philly.

LT or a avg LT.

308850[/snapback]

He is a quality and chance to be high quality player not a great player. Three million a year is a significant sum even though a lot of guys make more. We decided against DeMulling at 2.2 million, the guy everyone here wanted. By the time Green had said I have my line set and it didn't include Shelton, half or two thirds of the teams in the league had their LT basically set and their money earmarked elsewhere. Plus the fact that he's not just available, you have to give something away for him. A guy as good as Travis Henry for example, who is now, as we see, equaling a second round draft pick. There are a lot of reasons why this is happening but it is not because Shelton is just a worthless player. He would upgrade the Bills, perhaps significantly, especially considering what other players we could draft if we did not have to worry about LT.

Give it up Ganesh... folks want fantasy, not the truth.  You're right about Shelton... The Bills have absolutely no interest in him, let alone his $3M salary.... if there is a  trade between the Cards-Bills for TH, it will be straight up for the Cards #2... period.  But... you can't say thing like this to the fantasy folks... they want to hear that TH is going to AZ for Shelton, Anquan Boldin, their #1 and their #2... They just don't understand reality... unfortunately, you do.

308860[/snapback]

So why did the Bills bring Shelton in for two days, just a smoke screen? We'll see on Saturday. The reason they havent pulled the trigger is simple. They know people want Henry and can get something more out of the Cards for him. That seems to be playing out.

So why did the Bills bring Shelton in for two days, just a smoke screen? We'll see on Saturday. The reason they havent pulled the trigger is simple. They know people want Henry and can get something more out of the Cards for him. That seems to be playing out.

308871[/snapback]

Maybe Shelton learned about NYS tax rates? :w00t:

308871[/snapback]

Why do you think that there is little interest (or so it seems) in Shelton? A top LT locked into a cheap contract is worth at the very least a top 10 pick.

If your answer is that the cards want to get rid of him, fine, but again, there would be a stampede of GMs trying to obtain Shelton if they thought he was any good, wouldn't you say?