Dr. Z has DeMarcus Ware being taken 11th

I wish that there was some way this kid could play for us.

I am not a draftnik like many of you guys, nor do I pretend to me, but from what I saw of him on the NFL Channel, he will be literally great.

Although far from an expert, I have watched the draft/rookies for many years. The two players of whom I am the most proud of forecasting their greatness are John Riggins and Eric Moulds. For what very little it is worth, I think that Ware will be a literal superstar. He has moves that cannot be taught, long arms, and blinding speed. I cringe while imagining him lining up next to Schobel, another speedster.

I have wanted to select an offensive lineman in each and every draft since coming to TBD. This time, I would rather have Ware than any player in the draft.

Just my uneducated opinion.

PS: Thanks to you guys who take the time to share your knowledge about the draft. Please, keep up the good work!

I love Ware's ability to rush the passer! I do feel he's a better fit for the teams that run a 3-4 defense, which has become all the rage now due to the Pats' success with it. In the 3 round mock we did a while ago, I took him w/ Pittsburgh's first round pick. As it looks right now, there's no way he'll last long enough for the Steelers to take him. I hear the Cowboys have become quite interested in him. Then again, the closer to the draft you get, the less reliable the info from the team becomes.

I love Ware's ability to rush the passer!  I do feel he's a better fit for the teams that run a 3-4 defense, which has become all the rage now due to the Pats' success with it.  In the 3 round mock we did a while ago, I took him w/ Pittsburgh's first round pick.  As it looks right now, there's no way he'll last long enough for the Steelers to take him.  I hear the Cowboys have become quite interested in him.  Then again, the closer to the draft you get, the less reliable the info from the team becomes.

308541[/snapback]

He DOES seem like a 3/4 player, but I think he does have the speed to go to a 4/3.

Spikes, Fletcher and Ware at lb for the Bills. Can you only imagine?

He DOES seem like a 3/4 player, but I think he does have the speed to go to a 4/3.

Spikes, Fletcher and Ware at lb for the Bills. Can you only imagine?

308638[/snapback]

That would be the key word, in terms of Ware lasting until the 55th pick in the draft: imagine. I highly doubt he'll be there for us. Like I said, teams like Houston and Dallas will be interested in him and he could be gone by the middle of round one.