Post Malone Does ... NIRVANA?

Gugny

22 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

Thanks.Post Malone isn’t exactly in my regular listening lineup, but I enjoyed the hell out of that.

Before tonight, when I heard the name Post Malone, all I thought was "rapper."   This just goes to show that what some entertainers do to make money might not necessarily be their passion (John Mayer comes to mind).  

As a Nirvana fan, watching this totally pumped me up.  Travis Barker is the BEST drummer he could have chosen.  I effing loved it.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

Before tonight, when I heard the name Post Malone, all I thought was "rapper."   This just goes to show that what some entertainers do to make money might not necessarily be their passion (John Mayer comes to mind).  

As a Nirvana fan, watching this totally pumped me up.  Travis Barker is the BEST drummer he could have chosen.  I effing loved it.

What's up with the mumus?

I didn't know he's from Syracuse. Might be a Bills fan.

I loathe his type of music...typically...but I have to admit, I dig him.  I hate auto-tune, I hate pop music, but I don't know, something about him and his music I actually do like.  Before he was famous he did a lot of youtube videos of rock and reggae (bob specifically) that was damn good too.  Maybe he'll put a rock album out.  He has the chops for it.  This sounds pretty darn good.

Just now, Seasons1992 said:

I have a new respect for Mr. Malone. 

Want another shocker? Google Miley Cyrus. 

I heard a snippet of "Wish You Were Here," on the radio this morning.  I need to check the entire thing out later.  Is that what you're referring to?

I've always had respect for Miley Cyrus' ability to sing/entertain.  It's unfortunate that her own father created the slut image to cash in on.  I've wanted her to succeed, in a self-respecting manner, from day one.

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I heard a snippet of "Wish You Were Here," on the radio this morning.  I need to check the entire thing out later.  Is that what you're referring to?

I've always had respect for Miley Cyrus' ability to sing/entertain.  It's unfortunate that her own father created the slut image to cash in on.  I've wanted her to succeed, in a self-respecting manner, from day one.

That, and other things. She's really talented.

My record store guy LOVES her.

One of his first tattoos was a tribute to Nirvana.  Saw him talk about it in an interview.  Apparently, he really enjoys rock/grunge/metal, but hip hop (if that’s what you call his music) is how he makes his bread.

I like him.  Good personality and he is very polite to people.  Always saying “yes sir” or “yes ma’am.”  Very likeble dude.  Check out YouTube for his bits with Jimmy Fallon.

• Like (+1) 1

Wow. That was really good. 

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

Same here. when I clicked on this thread I was expecting to see a rapper trying to play some nirvana songs.

On 4/26/2020 at 6:28 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

I just showed this to my buddy. I was impressed. 1000X better than the travesty that Puddle of Mud did.

What?

That cover by Wes from Puddle of Mud was amazing............ If you were looking for a good laugh.

11 hours ago, inkman said:

It was an homage to Cobain as he was known to wear them on stage. 

That's what I thought, there was one of their videos where they all wore dresses while performing on I believe the Ed Sullivan Show....

10 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

I have a new respect for Mr. Malone. 

Want another shocker? Google Miley Cyrus. 

Bigger shocker is find a current photo of Love and Novelselic. I couldn't believe it was her, and you would never guess seeing him now that he was part of Nirvana.....

On the other hand, Dave hasn't changed a bit......

Great tribute.  Love that they started the set with Francis Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle, one of my favorite Nirvana songs.

Also very cool for them to play songs off of Bleach.  Must have been a big fan to know that album.   School sounded incredible, what a great riff.

Travis was flying on Come As You Are but he is one of the best rock drummers ever so not going to complain too much.

Edited by thenorthremembers

11 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Great tribute.  Love that they started the set with Francis Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle, one of my favorite Nirvana songs.

Also very cool for them to play songs off of Bleach.  Must have been a big fan to know that album.   School sounded incredible, what a great riff.

Travis was flying on Come As You Are but he is one of the best rock drummers ever so not going to complain too much.

Totally agree with 100% of this.  

• Thank you (+1) 1