Commerce Dept looking for talent for CARES (COVID-19)

Saxum

As many have heard I work for USPTO (US Patent and Trademark Office).  This was sent out in urgent email.  No work listed in WNY however but that does not mean right person would not be hired in WNY for other locations.  The list is not public list but if someone is interested I can see if there is something which matches your resume and pass on.  Most organizations take passed on resumes with higher priority than those obtained elsewhere and it is how I got my job at Raytheon in 2004 from a poster here. 

Work is located in Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Denver, Philadelphia, & Seattle regional offices but most common location is Washington DC.

There are some field based positions 

• (Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin) report to Chicago 
  • (Kansas City, and any other state within EDA Denver region) to Denver.

As you know, the Economic Development Administration (EDA) is supporting the whole-of-America effort to help our Nation’s communities respond to and recover from COVID-19.

We have identified almost 80 positions that will be crucial to building the capacity needed to administer the CARES Act Recovery Assistance funding from EDA as quickly, effectively, and efficiently as possible, and in a manner that meets the needs of our communities across the  nation.

In the coming days and weeks, EDA will advertise the positions outlined in the attached list to the public.

We encourage you to reach out to your personal and professional networks to help us attract the best talent to join this dedicated and mission-oriented team and to be a part of this historic undertaking to help the nation recover economically from this crisis.

Be on the lookout for openings on EDA.GOV/careers, our digital media platforms, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook, and USAJobs.gov.  In addition, please send candidates resumes and CVs that you receive to EDAcareer@eda.gov.

With your support, we will do our part to restore our economy to where it was before the pandemic, the greatest in history.