2004 Masters

16 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Really appreciating the roll that Mickelson was on to win in ‘04 .... and appreciating what hi definition TV meant for modern sports coverage

Phil was awesome on the commentary..

and in terms of high def, will always remember the day in 02 or 03...being almost committed to buying an HD TV and being in the store and seeing the NHL AllStar game live in HD..first sporting event i had seen in HD...and i was now 100% sold.

Walked out of the Tweeter( man, they were ahead of their time in the name eh?) with a $3600 Samsung DLP..so happy i got a bargain as did not spend $5K on it 2 months before that, or $10K for a plasma!

I’ve noticed that too;  the pre-HD sports are a stark difference.

The other big difference from watching old golf is all the fat guys playing in the pre-Tiger era.

Edited by KD in CA

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Phil was awesome on the commentary..

and in terms of high def, will always remember the day in 02 or 03...being almost committed to buying an HD TV and being in the store and seeing the NHL AllStar game live in HD..first sporting event i had seen in HD...and i was now 100% sold.

Walked out of the Tweeter( man, they were ahead of their time in the name eh?) with a $3600 Samsung DLP..so happy i got a bargain as did not spend $5K on it 2 months before that, or $10K for a plasma!

Yea I really enjoyed his commentary as well as his seemingly warm relationship with Nance .... I worked in media so my first experience was a display of National Geographic type imagery at a demo at the PBS studios .... I knew it would be a game changer then. 

14 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I’ve noticed that too;  the pre-HD sports are a stark difference.

The other big difference from watching old golf is all the fat guys playing in the pre-Tiger era.

Plenty of spare tires and baggy golf clothes lol .... and plenty of heaters out of camera range I’m guessing