The Big Gamble: Hydroxychloroquine

2 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

So you geniuses are PCP shopping based on pharmaceutical politics? Savvy.

At least they're going to a doctor.  If one savvy marketing department comes out with a product called Grogaine you'll be broke in twenty minutes.

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

At least they're going to a doctor.  If one savvy marketing department comes out with a product called Grogaine you'll be broke in twenty minutes.

I think you need a better name. It sounds like a fitness supplement.

3 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

I think you need a better name. It sounds like a fitness supplement.

Two Sheas.

My first thought was Gene4hair or HairGene but it sounded too targeted.  Now I realize Eugene and genetics both shorten to gene and I'm thinking it might be go time.

13 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Promising, but it hasn't been peer reviewed yet and is only based on the safety record of the drug, not efficacy.  They state they don't expect results from clinical trials until September.

I conclude that HCQ+AZ and HCQ+doxycycline, preferably with zinc (47) can be this outpatient treatment, at least until we find or add something better, whether that could be remdesivir or something else. It is our obligation not to stand by, just “carefully watching,” as the old and infirm and inner city of us are killed by this disease and our economy is destroyed by it and we have nothing to offer except high-mortality hospital treatment. We have a solution, imperfect, to attempt to deal with the disease. We have to let physicians employing good clinical judgement use it and informed patients choose it. There is a small chance that it may not work. But the urgency demands that we at least start to take that risk and evaluate what happens, and if our situation does not improve we can stop it, but we will know that we did everything that we could instead of sitting by and letting hundreds of thousands die because we did not have the courage to act according to our rational calculations.

Thanks.  I missed this part and was wondering if they used/mentioned zinc. 

31 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Interpret it however you like. Someone like you would likely benefit from doing whatever your doctor tells you to do. Hell, if I were you, I wouldn't even seek a second opinion under any circumstance. In your case, I would also recommend taking two flu shots a year just to be safe. One on each side of the neck. Also, never ever read the inserts for the flu shots either. Too many big words.

4 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Does the name "HairGenie" make you think more "Flobee" or "Hair Dreams Fulfilled"?

Don't quit your day job.  HairGenie sounds like a cross between a ripoff of a diaper garbage can and some chick curling iron.  

Hair4GeneGene4Hair has a 3 Musketeers vibe and works GeneGene in the middle so I might claim it improves dancing skills too.

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Don't quit your day job.  HairGenie sounds like a cross between a ripoff of a diaper garbage can and some chick curling iron.  

Hair4GeneGene4Hair has a 3 Musketeers vibe and works GeneGene in the middle so I might claim it improves dancing skills too.

I doesn't even matter if it works if you market the schitt out of it!

3 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

I doesn't even matter if it works if you market the schitt out of it!

Venmo me $2M which gives you a lifetime supply and early entry entry into our multi level marketing structure modeled after the Luxor in Vegas.  It's called DeLux which is short for Dendrite Luxor.

How many bald friends do you have?  How many normal friends?

16 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Ok folks. Time for some SATURDAY MORNING LEVITY!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Reality Check said:

I have my doctor in agreement ahead of time that he will prescribe HCQ, Azithrominin, and I already take Zinc, and already have cranked up my vitamin D3 levels. This was recommended to me my a friend in DOD back in late December. I trust his recommendations. 

I take A,B,C,D, Zinc and Bioperine (which works similar to zinc) on a regular basis. As a precaution I make sure I have a glass or two of tonic with additives, purely for the quinine of course. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

No, he's switching PCP's based on what's best for him and his health.  Any doctor that rejects HCQ without a valid reason (meaning not "Der, Orange Man Bad") should be dropped as a PCP because he/she is not looking out for your best interest. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Venmo me $2M which gives you a lifetime supply and early entry entry into our multi level marketing structure modeled after the Luxor in Vegas.  It's called DeLux which is short for Dendrite Luxor.

How many bald friends do you have?  How many normal friends?

Check your account. I've got lots of follically-challenged friends in the support group. Let's talk.

POLITICIZED SCIENCE SUCKS: 

Scientists raise concern over hydroxychloroquine study. 

“Dozens of scientists have raised concerns over a large-scale study of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine published in the Lancet that led to the World Health Organization suspending clinical trials of the anti-viral drugs as a potential treatment for COVID-19.”