Kevin Thompson - Bills QB in NFL Europe

I was looking at the stats of all the Bills allocated to NFLEurope and i wasn't impressed with the "numbers" i do like the wins for thompson though. I will take a winner any day of the week over someone who has great numbers. (but his completion percentage = RJ)

MrLocke Posted Today, 09:58 PM

What channel are these NFLE games on? I never saw him play so I am not going to make any judgements.

The NFLE games are on NFL Network. I don't see any reason why this guy should'nt get a shot at the #3 position with the Bills.

Good point.  However QB, kicker,and punter (and no other positions) are positions that have been successfully developed in NFLE.  It's a longshot Thompson will be anything more than a 3rd stringer, but there's still a use for him in that capacity.

307621[/snapback]

I'd rather keep Woodbury and use him on special teams and put Thompson on the Practice Squad. I mean seriously now, how often do NFL teams really go to their 3rd string QBs?

I think Thompson's play over in NFL Europe has definitely put off the Bills on taking a QB late in the Draft.  Him, Woodbury and an Undrafted Free Agent will probably compete for the 3rd QB spot.

307581[/snapback]

as ron wolf demonstrated in the 90's, you can never have enough good QB's........they can always be used for trade bait down the road, and provide insurance in the meantime.......competition is good and i would not be shocked to see the bills take a QB at any point in the draft.......failing that, i expect they'll sign a UDFA at the position........you can always keep 3 QB's on the active roster and one on the practice squad.........

I liked what I saw. Big kid, goes 235 and moves well for a big kid. He had some laser throws and nice touches on fade routes. I'm not saying he is the second coming of Jim Kelly, but he does remind me of another NFLE Quarterback who was a BACKUP in NFLE. He was in the Superbowl last year, Jake Dehomme.