Should absentee ballots be illegal?

Should absentee ballots be illegal?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should absentee ballots be illegal?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, KRC said:

We just need to give more money to USPS. That will stop the Democrat fraud in elections. 

...LOL...stop the masters of fraud??.....losing $9 BILLION in 2019 and $2.2 BILLION in Q2-2020 is hardly the fault of management(COUGH)....those are normally expected results of government run entities....and NYS Chuck the Schmuck wants to give them mo money to pee pee away....in my 44th year in business and still going......mind boggling to me when the USPS announces a whopping "ONE cent increase" on postage what the implementation costs are for that one cent...FedEx, UPS, etc want NO part of that service, so it is presumed to be a monopolistic niche...sure the market is diminishing due to EFT payments, communication,  etc, but a demand is still there.....

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LOL...stop the masters of fraud??.....losing $9 BILLION in 2019 and $2.2 BILLION in Q2-2020 is hardly the fault of management(COUGH)....those are normally expected results of government run entities....and NYS Chuck the Schmuck wants to give them mo money to pee pee away....in my 44th year in business and still going......mind boggling to me when the USPS announces a whopping "ONE cent increase" on postage what the implementation costs are for that one cent...FedEx, UPS, etc want NO part of that service, so it is presumed to be a monopolistic niche...sure the market is diminishing due to EFT payments, communication,  etc, but a demand is still there.....

I love the idiots who are complaining of seeing mailboxes on trucks. USPS has been eliminating and picking up mailboxes long before Trump took office. Most postal facilities I have been to have a bunch of them in a junk pile out back. 

Also, doesn't everyone already have a mailbox at their house/apartment/condo/etc.? Are people seriously so stupid that they will walk by the mailbox for their house, wander down the street, and say, "I can't vote!! The mailbox that was five miles from my house is no longer there!!" Morans.

4 minutes ago, KRC said:

I love the idiots who are complaining of seeing mailboxes on trucks. USPS has been eliminating and picking up mailboxes long before Trump took office. Most postal facilities I have been to have a bunch of them in a junk pile out back. 

Also, doesn't everyone already have a mailbox at their house/apartment/condo/etc.? Are people seriously so stupid that they will walk by the mailbox for their house, wander down the street, and say, "I can't vote!! The mailbox that was five miles from my house is no longer there!!" Morans.

...any idea how many lesser mailbox drops are NOT collected?.....we previously depended upon the mailbox outside our office building....only to receive complaints of non-receipt....USPS would dispatch someone to the box after we complained only to find the box was never picked up...typical USPS "efficiency (COUGH)"....USPS is grossly inefficient but allowed to do so as a government entity (the norm)....so if you need to mail something, it is incumbent upon YOU to find a box versus the USPS having a box on every damn street corner.....SMH..........

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...any idea how many lesser mailbox drops are NOT collected?.....we previously depended upon the mailbox outside our office building....only to receive complaints of non-receipt....USPS would dispatch someone to the box after we complained only to find the box was never picked up...typical USPS "efficiency (COUGH)"....USPS is grossly inefficient but allowed to do so as a government entity (the norm)....so if you need to mail something, it is incumbent upon YOU to find a box versus the USPS having a box on every damn street corner.....SMH..........

No idea on the number. That is one of the reasons for picking up the boxes. They spread themselves too thin by putting too many boxes out there and are paying a lot of money for drivers to go to the boxes.

Cost cutting moves will always face criticism. However, they do not have a choice anymore. Every couple of years, WE have to bail them out because THEIR costs are out of control. You have no choice. You have to cut costs. You cannot keep throwing money at the problem.

Of course, this is such a critical issue that Nancy & Co. are taking yet another vacation on the taxpayer dime.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KRC said:

I'll never understand how the left successfully treats Americans like they're the dumbest people on the planet, and still get these idiots to give them millions of dollars for their campaigns.

• Like (+1) 1

“JUNK MAIL BALLOTS.”

A friend makes the point that we’re not talking about voting by mail like absentee voting, where a voter has to request an absentee ballot.

It’s “junk mail voting” where the stuff is, like junk mail, essentially addressed to “Voter XX or current resident.”

It has none of the safeguards that you see with grandma’s absentee ballots.

Good point, and good term.

by Glenn Reynolds

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

“JUNK MAIL BALLOTS.”

A friend makes the point that we’re not talking about voting by mail like absentee voting, where a voter has to request an absentee ballot.

It’s “junk mail voting” where the stuff is, like junk mail, essentially addressed to “Voter XX or current resident.”

It has none of the safeguards that you see with grandma’s absentee ballots.

Good point, and good term.

by Glenn Reynolds

You forgot the link, Boy Man.

• Haha (+1) 1