Trump Is Just A Terrible President, Totally Unfit For The Job

32 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Just double checked.  Didn’t see “reasons” anywhere in your post.  Looks like you just made the hoax list. 

Fake news.  

Come on you can do it. 

A:  what actions POTUS should have taken

2:   when he should have implemented each action, exact dates please

#:  and what the key factor that would have triggered each action.

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

fair enough.  You have your opinion, which you expressed directly.  I happen to completely disagree, but we’re all entitled to opinions and that’s how America works.  Cool beans. 

It's one of the foundations of our democracy.  Separate note--are you comfortable with others calling Covid-19 the Wuhan Virus, or Chinese Virus?  with Presdent Trump referencing China in his press briefings?  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Thanks for the gratuitous advice, third and long.  Unfortunately, you have left me no choice.  

You’re on the snowflake list, too.  

The only problem is that you don't own the "Snowflake List". You and your ilk are so unoriginal that you had to try to take the pejorative term and claim it as your own. It's a major fail on your part and if you had any sense whatsoever you'd be embarrassed. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think President Trump took the threat seriously, I think FEMA was prepared, I think it was an excellent decision to invoke the DPA, I think the emergency stockpile was appropriately utilized and Jaren Kushner did a good job of explaining it to the American people, I think President Trump has shown the exceptional leadership skills often very difficult to develop after a lifetime/career in what amounts to the climate-controlled cubicle farm of public employment,  and he's done an exceptional job of hi-lighting the problems our government (federal and state) has in communicating and working together during a crisis.   I think he's done an excellent job pointing out the flaws in planning on the state level, the challenges with knee jerk reactions on requests to FEMA from the states, and in bringing the story directly to the American people via daily pressers and twitter.  

FEMA. Has 14,000 employees the director makes 120-170k a year, Witt a budget of $18bil but POTUS should have had them prepared for a virus that didn’t exist 6 months ago.

Edited by Gary M

9 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It's one of the foundations of our democracy.  Separate note--are you comfortable with others calling Covid-19 the Wuhan Virus, or Chinese Virus?  with Presdent Trump referencing China in his press briefings?  

Dislike it.  Tremendously.  I know Chinese Americans who have taken a lot of crap over that.  Kids, as a matter of fact.  The only reason to characterize the virus as such is to inflame.  

Edit:. I have to clarify.  Not all references to China in this area are bad.  Eg, “numbers in China are down” are perfectly fine.  The context is key, and characterizing the virus as the Chinese virus is what I take significant issue with. 

5 minutes ago, Gary M said:

FEMA. Has 14,000 employees the director makes 120-170k a year, Witt a budget of $18mil, but POTUS should have had them prepared for a virus that didn’t exist 6 months ago.

Hoax.  He should have gotten on the stick in January. 

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The only problem is that you don't own the "Snowflake List". You and your ilk are so unoriginal that you had to try to take the pejorative term and claim it as your own. It's a major fail on your part and if you had any sense whatsoever you'd be embarrassed. 

Hoax.  I own the snowflake list.  Now you’re on the hoax list, too.  

Edited by SectionC3

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Dislike it.  Tremendously.  I know Chinese Americans who have taken a lot of crap over that.  Kids, as a matter of fact.  The only reason to characterize the virus as such is to inflame.  

Edit:. I have to clarify.  Not all references to China in this area are bad.  Eg, “numbers in China are down” are perfectly fine.  The context is key, and characterizing the virus as the Chinese virus is what I take significant issue with. 

Hoax.  He should have gotten on the stick in January. 

Hoax.  I own the snowflake list.  Now you’re on the hoax list, too.  

Interesting.  I can understand the Kung Flu version, though I personally think it's pretty humorous, but I think transparency is both reasonable and necessary.   A few years ago, a family was murdered not far from where I live.  Family of 4, Mom and Dad with two middle-school aged children.  The murder remains unsolved, but the scene was by all accounts horrific, with a message being sent based on the order of the murders and the brutality of it all.  It seems the conventional wisdom was that the father was involved in illegal activity with the Chinese triads, and there have been reports of same in the media.  The general consensus is that there was no threat to other members of the community for that reason. 

Would you consider that to be unreasonable reporting..given that the possibility of mistrust in the community? I don't really see an alternative, with this particular virus... especially given the international coverage of the "Wuhan Flu" and "Chinese Virus" as initially reported just about everywhere.    

22 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Interesting.  I can understand the Kung Flu version, though I personally think it's pretty humorous, but I think transparency is both reasonable and necessary.   A few years ago, a family was murdered not far from where I live.  Family of 4, Mom and Dad with two middle-school aged children.  The murder remains unsolved, but the scene was by all accounts horrific, with a message being sent based on the order of the murders and the brutality of it all.  It seems the conventional wisdom was that the father was involved in illegal activity with the Chinese triads, and there have been reports of same in the media.  The general consensus is that there was no threat to other members of the community for that reason. 

Would you consider that to be unreasonable reporting..given that the possibility of mistrust in the community? I don't really see an alternative, with this particular virus... especially given the international coverage of the "Wuhan Flu" and "Chinese Virus" as initially reported just about everywhere.    

Don’t know enough about the horrible situation you described, but at first glance that characterization seems ok b/c there is a reasonable basis for the specification.  The virus i see differently b/c the only reason to specify as trump (and others, to be fair) have in that context is to inflame.  It’s not like there are two COVID pandemics and there is a need to distinguish b/w the viruses in that way.  

thinking about your point further ...  I don’t know on the family situation.  “Organized crime” might have worked there.  I guess the best answer is that this is a fact specific issue, and the virus references fall on the wrong side of the line.  Where that line is admittedly is a hard thing to specify.  Kind of invokes the “I know it when I see it” principle from the US Supreme Court indecency cases.  

good points for thought and for debate on your end though, for sure. 

Edited by SectionC3

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Don’t know enough about the horrible situation you described, but at first glance that characterization seems ok b/c there is a reasonable basis for the specification.  The virus i see differently b/c the only reason to specify as trump (and others, to be fair) in that context is to inflame.  It’s not like there are two COVID pandemics and there is a need to distinguish b/w the viruses in that way.  

Nonsense. 

The Spanish Flu

The German Measles 

Dengue Fever

...Et al. 

All named that way to inflame? 

(But when you're afraid of inanimate objects and scary things like language, it's easy to see why you'd be duped with such a brainless talking point)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gary M said:

F-

you failed

I asked for dates and reasons, not generic talking points

? Ball licker alert! Exactly why I didn’t answer! Complete BS!  Doesn’t matter what anyone says, you will say they are wrong (and apparently make up new rules as you go.)

Trump failed and so did you! ?

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Nonsense. 

The Spanish Flu

The German Measles 

Dengue Fever

...Et al. 

All named that way to inflame? 

(But when you're afraid of inanimate objects and scary things like language, it's easy to see why you'd be duped with such a brainless talking point)

Fake news.  

(and completely different contexts, which I’m sure you know.) 

2 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

? Ball licker alert! Exactly why I didn’t answer! Complete BS!  Doesn’t matter what anyone says, you will say they are wrong (and apparently make up new rules as you go.)

Trump failed and so did you! ?

I’ll give Gary some propers.  The F- thing made me laugh out loud.  That was funny. 

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Fake news.  

(and completely different contexts, which I’m sure you know.) 

The context is it makes your point laughably absurd. 

But it would take honesty and a working frontal lobe to realize how much it destroys your talking point (which is downloaded straight from the identity politics spigot). 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

The context is it makes your point laughably absurd. 

But it would take honesty and a working frontal lobe to realize how much it destroys your talking point (which is downloaded straight from the identity politics spigot). 

Fake news.  Hoax. 

4 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

@Hedge changed the title of the other thread to categorize the virus by it's proper name. What a PC liberal who was duped with such a brainless talking point

Congratulations! Just officially become on my ignore list!  And does it really matter what Hedge does? Yes it is good for correct name But why get butt hurt over it?  Well bye

• Like (+1) 1

Oops.  Forgot, Deranged Rhino.   One more thing. It’s hard to take anything you say seriously when you characterize yourself as deranged.  So either you’re deranged, and not to be taken seriously, or you aren’t deranged and your name is just a hoax.  Which explains why you’re on my hoax and fake news lists, too. 

Edited by SectionC3

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Congratulations! Just officially become on my ignore list!  And does it really matter what Hedge does? Yes it is good for correct name But why get butt hurt over it?  Well bye

Wow, you really are a princess. Did you even leave the house before the virus? 

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Oops.  Forgot, Deranged Rhino.   One more thing. It’s hard to take anything you say seriously when you characterize yourself as deranged.  So either you’re deranged, and not to be taken seriously, or you aren’t deranged and your name is just a hoax.  Which explains why you’re on my hoax and fake news lists, too. 

Just proves you're not a real Bills fan if you don't know where the name comes from. 

Thanks, JA, for once again proving you're a clown.