How 'bout Dem Nets???

Tom

Beat AI's Sixers by 21 to pass Lebron's Cav's  (via tie-breaker) into the final playoff spot.  Win out & they are in.,

307500[/snapback]

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwn! You mean the NBA hasn't folded yet?? :doh:

:)  :lol:  I was still holdin out hope that the sixers could catch the Celtics and grap that 3 spot. Or at least maybe the Pacers. Oh well. I'd actually rather fall to the 8th and play the Heat than the Pistons.

6'rs play 2 pushovers to complete the regular season but hey, NJ holds the tie breaker over them too, (should they tie).

:doh:

People still watch the East?

307811[/snapback]

The East did win the NBA title last year, did they not???

If the Nets can get a solid big man, who is good defensively, and with Kidd, Vince Carter and Jefferson next year, Nets could win it all next year.

I guess people that put up with watching the painful basketball in the east can hold onto that title just a little while longer. There was a reason Shaq bailed to the east.

:lol:  :lol:  I was still holdin out hope that the sixers could catch the Celtics and grap that 3 spot. Or at least maybe the Pacers. Oh well. I'd actually rather fall to the 8th and play the Heat than the Pistons.

307572[/snapback]

:D You want the Heat? Then you better hope Shaq's leg is worse than is being reported. The Heat will dominate the playoffs this year. Shaq proved me wrong this year for sure. I thought he'd be a bust in Miami.

:D  You want the Heat? Then you better hope Shaq's leg is worse than is being reported. The Heat will dominate the playoffs this year. Shaq proved me wrong this year for sure. I thought he'd be a bust in Miami.

307996[/snapback]

I'd take the Heat over the Pistons. IMO, Detroit is tougher, better coached and obviously plays the best D in the league. Plus they are defending champs and have multiple playoff years of experience.

Add that to the fact that Diesel is not 100% (how close, I don't know) and we beat the Heat with him playing and Wade scoring 48 just last week.

I know it's a case of picking my poision, but I'd rather not throw down against the defending champs.

Shaq proved me wrong this year for sure. I thought he'd be a bust in Miami.

307996[/snapback]

why anyone would ever think shaq would be a "bust" anywhere is beyond me. the only way he's not a dominant player is if he's injured.

i don't really care for the NBA, but i think shaq gets a raw deal. he's another pro athlete whose sense of humor and sarcasm are consistently misconstrued as laziness and apathy.

he's one of the top 10 -- probably top 5 -- NBA players of all time.

why anyone would ever think shaq would be a "bust" anywhere is beyond me.  the only way he's not a dominant player is if he's injured.

i don't really care for the NBA, but i think shaq gets a raw deal.  he's another pro athlete whose sense of humor and sarcasm are consistently misconstrued as laziness and apathy.

308010[/snapback]

Agreed. He is hands down the most dominant player since MJ. As a 13 yr vet, he's still the most un-guardable player in the league.

You want the Heat? Then you better hope Shaq's leg is worse than is being reported. The Heat will dominate the playoffs this year. Shaq proved me wrong this year for sure. I thought he'd be a bust in Miami.

Looking at the Lakers record this season, the bust wears #8. Great job by the front office in LA though. :D

why anyone would ever think shaq would be a "bust" anywhere is beyond me.  the only way he's not a dominant player is if he's injured.

i don't really care for the NBA, but i think shaq gets a raw deal.  he's another pro athlete whose sense of humor and sarcasm are consistently misconstrued as laziness and apathy.

308010[/snapback]

Shaq needs to retire because I'm a huge fan of his, and I can't get myself up to cheering for the Heat. My cheering for my beloved Bulls is suffering because I want Shaq to dominate.

308010[/snapback]

Well to be honest, when I made that assumption he was almost 40 lbs heavier and still injury prone. I give him all the props in the world for getting himself into shape before coming to Miami and simply kicking a$$....

308010[/snapback]

Maybe 2 years ago he was misconstrued & got a raw deal.

The media has done a complete 180 since the whole Kobe thing though - everyone loves Shaq.

Maybe 2 years ago he was misconstrued & got a raw deal. 

The media has done a complete 180 since the whole Kobe thing though - everyone loves Shaq.

308110[/snapback]

there's no question that the "emergence" of kobe is the best thing that ever happened for shaq's rep.

Kobe's totally not a leader. Caught them last time when they came to PHX and he wasn't in uniform and just hid behind the bench and never came out to rally the troops when they were getting pounded by 20-23 all night. Maybe he already knows they don't want to hear it. The guy's a slug. I'm glad the Suns stayed away from him last offseason and got Nash and Richardson for the same coin.

Triple double by Kidd and Carter throws in 43.......

307562[/snapback]

Carter's performance with the Nets shows the kind of player he is when he gives a full effort. It is very disappointing that a player can force a trade by not putting out a full effort. This is a huge problem in the NBA!

Vince Carter is a spoiled baby.

That being said I think that Carter, Kidd and Jefferson will be a formidable trio.

Do I sound like a jilted Raptor fan?

Carter's performance with the Nets shows the kind of player he is when he gives a full effort.  It is very disappointing that a player can force a trade by not putting out a full effort.  This is a huge problem in the NBA!

Vince Carter is a spoiled baby.

That being said I think that Carter, Kidd and Jefferson will be a formidable trio. 

Do I sound like a jilted Raptor fan?

308234[/snapback]

Yes, and you have every right to be IMO.