dont look for the bills to move up in the 1st

"I think it's a soft draft," said Tom Modrak, the Buffalo Bills' assistant general manager who has spent 30 years scouting talent for NFL teams. "I don't think it's real deep and I don't know why ... it's not a very good draft."

Others disagree with Modrak's blunt assessment of the overall quality, but no one thinks this is a top-heavy draft.

"I would guess there might not be the impact-type guys who have been available in recent years," said Kevin Colbert, the Steelers' director of football operations. "But I think there's depth in several positions where you can find some good players."

As Modrak's boss, Bills president Tom Donahoe put it, "If I were in the top 10 picks, I might just pass if I couldn't trade it. I'm serious. You'll have to pay $17 million, $18 million in a signing bonus for the top guy."

draft article

TD is looking smart and smarter for trading the pick last year to get JP. now lets just hope that JP is the real deal.

While i think this article is certainly posturing i have some evidence that can be used one way or the other to support the fact that we either will be or won't be moving up in the draft this year.

On the Bills' homepage they have the round numbers for each of their picks on the top of the page. They do have round 1 up there but say they selected JP Losman (so they are considering him our pick from last year). This could be for two reasons. 1) to quell fans' reactions when we don't go into the first round and to remind them that we really did use our first pick last year. 2) to save both graphics people, and code writers times when they simply remove the little JP slogan and insert whoever we pick with the first rounder we traded to get.

Conspiracy theorists of the world unite!

Well then it looks like we are officially moving up to grab a player in the 1st round.

307231[/snapback]

I don't think TD and TM would be against moving up to the latter part of the first round, say between picks 20-32.

I saw an article somewhere that mentioned that in all the years the Tom's had worked together, they had never had a first pick as low as the 55th slot. That tells me they'll work hard to find a way to move up somehow, probably to the 20-44 range, where the contract values are still reasonable.

While i think this article is certainly posturing i have some evidence that can be used one way or the other to support the fact that we either will be or won't be moving up in the draft this year.

On the Bills' homepage they have the round numbers for each of their picks on the top of the page.  They do have round 1 up there but say they selected JP Losman (so they are considering him our pick from last year).  This could be for two reasons.  1) to quell fans' reactions when we don't go into the first round and to remind them that we really did use our first pick last year.  2) to save both graphics people, and code writers times when they simply remove the little JP slogan and insert whoever we pick with the first rounder we traded to get. 

Conspiracy theorists of the world unite!

307397[/snapback]

That's funny! :doh:

Some people have actually forgotten that we had TWO first round picks last year!

:angry:

;)

Idiots!