There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

17 minutes ago, daz28 said:

President Trump ruined that all by himself.  He had a chance to be great, but he insisted on alienating himself from everyone except that flag waver.

1} Roadblocks-well I had never heard of them besides Nazi Germany until the Supreme Court decided that the worst thing that could ever happen in America was the DWI.  

2) Blood draws against your will- How can you be secure in your persons when they can literally take your life blood from you. 

Excuse me??  How is a roadblock a violation of your rights?  They cannot search you right.  When can they literally draw blood from you without your consent? 

7 minutes ago, daz28 said:

To test for drugs/alcohol??  They also can take your hair.  They can take your urine.  All of these belong to my persons and should be secure.  What will they take and use these things for next? Your turn

You can say no.  You do realize that correct?? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Excuse me??  How is a roadblock a violation of your rights?  They cannot search you right.  When can they literally draw blood from you without your consent? 

They can't. Some people are just too scared in the moment to realize that and so they comply with requests. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Typically people are coerced into compliance by fear in those situations. 

Same thing.  Also, the draws may be used as compliance for a crime.  They might drug test you for years, while all other Americans don't get tested.  Even though everyone else is doing the exact same thing, I guess cuz I got caught I lost my rights?

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He's either cognitively impaired, or trolling. 

I'll take the former. He seems too cognitively impaired for the latter.  And I know one person on the board who had never been hauled in for a DUI. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, daz28 said:

To test for drugs/alcohol??  They also can take your hair.  They can take your urine.  All of these belong to my persons and should be secure.  What will they take and use these things for next? Your turn

The government can just show up at your door and take your blood, hair, or urine to test for whatever they want?

Link?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, daz28 said:

Same thing.  Also, the draws may be used as compliance for a crime.  They might drug test you for years, while all other Americans don't get tested.  Even though everyone else is doing the exact same thing, I guess cuz I got caught I lost my rights?

Who is being drug tested FOR YEARS and for what reason?? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

Most drug testing in the US happens at people's place of employment. It's a contract they sign when becoming employees. 

But you knew that.

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You say this, after an entire morning spent arguing that we the people should willingly give up our rights to the same government when they deem it's in the public good. 

I take it back. You're not stupid. You're not even bright enough to be considered stupid. You're a troll. Enjoy. 

That's the 7th time you twisted that.  I said, and I repeat, I said we should be smart enough to know when to give them up, and strong enough to not let them take advantage in extreme circumstances

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

I'll take the former. He seems too cognitively impaired for the latter.  And I know one person on the board who had never been hauled in for a DUI. 

Say I got 10 DWI's isn't the roadblock the same rights you are arguing about right now??  Why should you lose your rights cuz I'm a drunk?

Just now, daz28 said:

That's the 7th time you twisted that.  I said, and I repeat, I said we should be smart enough to know when to give them up, and strong enough to not let them take advantage in extreme circumstances

No no no don't go back to that.  We still want to find out how roadblocks are a violation of your rights.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Most drug testing in the US happens at people's place of employment. It's a contract they sign when becoming employees. 

But you knew that.

No coercion there.  

Just now, daz28 said:

It's not twisting. You just repeated it. 

You NEVER give up your innate rights. EVER. EVER. EVER. There's no scenario where it's appropriate to do so. Yet you're arguing that not only there are scenarios where it's appropriate, but that the very government you are complaining about being too powerful should be the one to determine WHEN the people give up their rights. 

You're literally too stupid to realize you're arguing against yourself. I'm not twisting a thing.

Just now, Chef Jim said:

No no no don't go back to that.  We still want to find out how roadblocks are a violation of your rights.  

Because forever and ever they couldn't stop you without a reason

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

It's not twisting. You just repeated it. 

You NEVER give up your innate rights. EVER. EVER. EVER. There's no scenario where it's appropriate to do so. Yet you're arguing that not only there are scenarios where it's appropriate, but that the very government you are complaining about being too powerful should be the one to determine WHEN the people give up their rights. 

You're literally too stupid to realize you're arguing against yourself. I'm not twisting a thing.

...and the examples I gave are rights you gave up

Just now, daz28 said:

Wrong. People giving up their rights out of fear is the whole point of this conversation. Being scared into coercion doesn't mean the right was gone. You just gave it away.

People absolutely forfeit their rights when they commit crimes. Which rights depend on which crimes, of course, but that is a different conversation and not relevant to the average American citizen. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Wrong. People giving up their rights out of fear is the whole point of this conversation. Being scared into coercion doesn't mean the right was gone. You just gave it away.

People absolutely forfeit their rights when they commit crimes. Which rights depend on which crimes, of course, but that is a different conversation and not relevant to the average American citizen. 

People fear of DWI is why the police can set up roadblocks anywhere anytime

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

Because forever and ever they couldn't stop you without a reason

Who is being stopped for no reason?

Damn I have a few back to back meetings I need to get to. Such shame because this is amazingly interesting. 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Wrong. You listed things that aren't inalienable rights. :lol: 

As I said, you're real dumb.

Duhhr hurr cuz moving from place to place wasn't an inalienable right.  It was BORN to require a license, insurance, inspection, and 10k other things