The China Problem

LeviF

21 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If you had the proof though -- what do you even do with it? That's the dilemma at the moment in those shops. If you announce it, you have WW3. If you deny it, it gives the media (the enemy) fodder for weeks to hype fear over fact. 

The response will be covert. But there must be one.

(I have no idea what it would entail though)

I remember posting here a few months back about us having the upper hand over China in regards to trade wars and there was nothing they could really do about it. I said we could wait them out, what with the tariffs Trump put on their goods. Our economy was roaring and their economy was hurting. I wonder if the virus could have been intentionally released and covered up long enough for it to take hold in order for China to change the dynamics of the situation? I can't imagine them not preferring Biden (or any dem at the time) to Trump. I wouldn't put it past them. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If you had the proof though -- what do you even do with it? That's the dilemma at the moment in those shops. If you announce it, you have WW3. If you deny it, it gives the media (the enemy) fodder for weeks to hype fear over fact. 

The response will be covert. But there must be one.

(I have no idea what it would entail though)

There should be an economic response regardless of it being deliberate or not.  At the very least we put something in the tax code to promote manufacturing being brought back to the U.S. for many classes of products.  The naysayers will cite how this will hurt trade and access to a gigantic Chinese market.  We're not getting fair access now.   We don't have much to lose.  Better to work on deals with the rest of the world to increase exports.  You work on relationship building with China down the road. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

There should be an economic response regardless of it being deliberate or not.  At the very least we put something in the tax code to promote manufacturing being brought back to the U.S. for many classes of products.  The naysayers will cite how this will hurt trade and access to a gigantic Chinese market.  We're not getting fair access now.   We don't have much to lose.  Better to work on deals with the rest of the world to increase exports.  You work on relationship building with China down the road. 

We also have to keep in mind that we have to still get certain products from China until the supply chain is altered. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

A large segment of the IC now believes it was released intentionally -- but can't/won't say that publicly because it would mean war. 

Add this to the inflated numbers we saw from the CDC yesterday, the moving of the goal posts on the lock down, and the curious timing of the impeachment scandal and the first Covid patient arriving here... 

This is starting to look real ugly. 

Which will embolden the Chinese government to implement another release at some point in the next couple of years assuming they have something ready to go.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/1/2020 at 11:21 PM, Hedge said:

You know what’s interesting about that video is the fact that China basically admits that it didn’t inform anyone about the infectiousness of the disease until January. But any politician should have known in November and December.

?

Edit:

And the US and China signed their trade deal on January 15.  Almost like China was waiting for that to be completed before letting anyone know about the severity of Covid. Where’s my tinfoil?

Edited by snafu
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, B-Man said:

They are guilty... the question is if they are guilty of incompetence, malfeasance, or bio-warfare (and may also apply).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

A large segment of the IC now believes it was released intentionally -- but can't/won't say that publicly because it would mean war. 

Add this to the inflated numbers we saw from the CDC yesterday, the moving of the goal posts on the lock down, and the curious timing of the impeachment scandal and the first Covid patient arriving here... 

This is starting to look real ugly. 

You have to believe this sh?. from Rhino. Since he is an agent he has the inside scoop on the talkingoints. Rhino have you added dissidents from this web site to the subversive list of the FBI yet. 

We have gone from area 51 to Wuhan. What a joke.

It was your special Donald who complains about China hoarding product which is exactly what he did to Canada....

41 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

You have to believe this sh?. from Rhino. Since he is an agent he has the inside scoop on the talkingoints. Rhino have you added dissidents from this web site to the subversive list of the FBI yet. 

We have gone from area 51 to Wuhan. What a joke.

It was your special Donald who complains about China hoarding product which is exactly what he did to Canada....

I'd call you an idiot, but since you're Canadian that would be considered redundant. 

• Haha (+1) 1

KRUISER’S MORNING BRIEF: The Longer This Goes On, the Worse China Looks. 

“We here at the Morning Briefing have long been advocates of blaming China for all things bat flu, even way back when our betters were assuring us that it was totally racist to do so. Some of us are funny, and were skeptical that a secretive communist dictatorship was being forthcoming with the rest of the world. Others are liberals, and tend to default to believing commies.”

On 5/3/2020 at 12:00 PM, Doc said:

Without proof it was released intentionally, they can't do a thing.

....ANY need to say more??..............

...."The International Court of Justice, which has its seat in The Hague, is the principal judicial organ of the United Nations "

The only realistic option for dealing with China is to punish them by a major shift in America's attitude toward their products. We need to become self sufficient regarding critical important imports such as drugs and electronics (for security reasons). China will pull theirshit up to the time that pulling theirshit becomes worse than not doing it. 

• Like (+1) 1