The China Problem

LeviF

I never thought that things would have to get this bad before people understood that outsourcing jobs to China would be self-destructive in the long term, specifically in regards to national security. Now that the jobs and businesses last in line for termination are on the edge of insolvency, we are all suddenly supposed to panic. Its all fun and games laughing while the blue collar jobs leave town, but now that we know many more white collar jobs can be done by remote, another wave of outsourcing is now possible. We can blame the government, but we ourselves created this mess. Through fear, trillions have been extorted out of us, and no one even blinked. Perhaps we should finally admit that we are sheep, and stop pretending that America is still viable as a nation of free men. Perhaps we only exist as vessels for bankers to wash their money through. I guess we are all on welfare now, surviving on the whims of plutocrats and financiers.

China can't help being China

"New Chinese export restrictions have left American companies’ U.S.-bound face masks, test kits and other medical equipment urgently needed to fight the coronavirus stranded, according to businesses and U.S. diplomatic memos.

Large quantities of critical protective gear and other medical goods are sitting in warehouses across China unable to receive necessary official clearances, said some suppliers and brokers."

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, GG said:

China can't help being China

"New Chinese export restrictions have left American companies’ U.S.-bound face masks, test kits and other medical equipment urgently needed to fight the coronavirus stranded, according to businesses and U.S. diplomatic memos.

Large quantities of critical protective gear and other medical goods are sitting in warehouses across China unable to receive necessary official clearances, said some suppliers and brokers."

Everyone’s quarantined.

There’s nobody around to deliver the “necessary paperwork”.

That the Wuhan Virus escaped from a lab is gaining steam and was always the most plausible explanation.  Now there are reports that the lab wasn't even operating at a bio-safety level of 4 like it should have been, but at 2.

• Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Hollywood bows to China..........

Late night hosts have NEVER looked more pathetic and partisan than they have during this lock down. Remove them from their audience, make up, and lighting, and suddenly the magic is gone and you can see clearly the man behind the curtain. Now, instead of famous and powerful men in Hollywood, they all look like angry pod casters streaming from their mom's basements while they gnash their teeth about "ORANGE MAN BAD!"

That's a bad image that will stick to them for long after normal life resumes. I would not be shocked if there was a complete casting change within all the late night shows (Colbert, Fallon, Jimmy, Myers) over the next half decade -- based simply on how much "allure" they're losing doing their shows remotely. The only one I can see sticking around is Conan, due to his deal.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Dr Tedros I wished didn't play favoritism. Problem would be solved way sooner.... 

Some people I know around here had big problems with. Reminds (people I live) me of dr tedros adhanom ghebreyesus. Favoritism. Rather than fight for real and truth. Would love to have board here replace them like in person knowing would be fun. Have a next door lady kind of like people here on PPP. We get along great.

39 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Depends on who you are asking. Ask any dem pol and they'll tell you the answer to defeating the coronavirus is to change election law and pass new emission standards. 

And fund the Kennedy Center.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

And fund the Kennedy Center.

No, they had already funded the Kennedy Center for the year at the tune of 43 million. That extra funding of 25 million was to finance the layoff of their musicians. -)

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

No, they had already funded the Kennedy Center for the year at the tune of 43 million. That extra funding of 25 million was to finance the layoff of their musicians. -)

And Democratic kickbacks. You forgot the kickbacks part.

• Like (+1) 2