will the oil price war crush the Pegulas?

25 minutes ago, stuvian said:

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/03/no_author/forget-the-oil-prices-the-whole-us-dollar-bubble-is-deflating/

I don't know the Pegulas holdings but know that their fortune was made in fracking oil. That whole industry could get wiped out if the oil price war between Russia and the Saudis persists.

This probably belongs on the politics feed. Also, natural gas out of PA is their cash cow.

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, stuvian said:

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/03/no_author/forget-the-oil-prices-the-whole-us-dollar-bubble-is-deflating/

I don't know the Pegulas holdings but know that their fortune was made in fracking oil. That whole industry could get wiped out if the oil price war between Russia and the Saudis persists.

I thought that they got out of the fracking business. 

pun intended

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think Pegulas sold their gas fracking operation but still have various land holdings. They should be fine.

This was my understanding too.  That they largely cashed out to semi-retire as sports team owners.  (Now THAT seems like a nice life.)

1 hour ago, CNYfan said:

Vladimir Vladimirovich is trying to remove US shale producers from global  market share.  And he is willing to sacrifice his treasury for a few years to do it.

Only the strong will survive this attack

Except they will just shut down, wait it out and come back like they did a few years ago when oil prices were down too much to make a profit.

36 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think Pegulas sold their gas fracking operation but still have various land holdings. They should be fine.

So now if one day Terry is ‘shootin’ at some food, up through the ground might come a bubblin’ crude’!  He wins again!  ?

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

In this case, just consider the source.

Lewrockwell.com has been predicting the collapse of the US dollar -- and consequently, the world economy -- for all of its decades-long existence.  It advocates an alternative economic system that's similar to Adam Smith's in Wealth of Nations, which was written in 1776.  It supports a return to the gold standard and totally opposes any government intervention in the economy, which makes it a favorite of radical pepper types who hunker down in their bunkers (or would hunker down in their bunkers if they could only get off the internet) waiting for "the end".

• Like (+1) 1