Internally there’s some love for Tee Higgins

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

One thing I keep coming back to about Higgins is that he understands how to play the position of WR. That sounds simple but sometimes you have great athletes out there playing WR who don’t really have the nuance/technique/skill to  succeed at the next level. Higgins does. 

Spot on my man. Higgins is a technician and has the production to back it up. We worry too much about numbers and ignore what really matters...playing the game. 

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

Exactly. Which is precisely my point. Thank you for posting this because I was about to post that very tweet. He just catches the ball so well and hardly ever even bobbles it. Who throws the hardest ball in the league?  Arguably, it’s Josh Allen. That’s exactly why you need someone whose specialty is catching the ball out front with his hands. Tee Higgins can be that guy. 

Also look at Trevor Lawrence’s game. He’s a big time talent but he’s not a pinpoint passer. Big arm and big play guy but Higgins saves his ass a lot on accuracy. I’ve heard that could help someone, not naming any names of course

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Also look at Trevor Lawrence’s game. He’s a big time talent but he’s not a pinpoint passer. Big arm and big play guy but Higgins saves his ass a lot on accuracy. I’ve heard that could help someone, not naming any names of course

Another great point. I love Allen, but let’s face it, he’s an area code thrower on deep balls and that’s where a guy like Higgins could bail him out a lot. We already have our burner in Brown, but we need an area code, catch radius guy like Higgins now. 

On 3/7/2020 at 1:11 PM, Teddy KGB said:

looks like slants, screens, outs, and contested fly patterns

Yeah, sure he does all that. But can he run over the middle from the slot and block the DBs like a REAL TRUE NFL #1 receiver is asked to do so often? :unsure:

:P :lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Ahh I see. So did Calvin Johnson, Demryius Thomas, DeAndre Hopkins, Torry Holt, Torrey Smith. I could keep going. 

Hopkins ran a 4.57 40 and had a 1.62 10 yard split

Numbers

what was his vert?

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s a fact, not even sentiment. That in addition to mediocre coaching and development once he got there. He’s could end up going Late day 2 or Day 3 and has the talent to be a #1 WR in the league

He definitely had some relatively poor QB play but he also just didn’t catch the ball when it was thrown well. Worst true catch % in the class and one of the highest drop %. Obviously a fantastic athlete though. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Another great point. I love Allen, but let’s face it, he’s an area code thrower on deep balls and that’s where a guy like Higgins could bail him out a lot. We already have our burner in Brown, but we need an area code, catch radius guy like Higgins now. 

I wouldn’t mind Higgins...also a fan of Aiyuke...either one of those two and I’m good...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

He definitely had some relatively poor QB play but he also just didn’t catch the ball when it was thrown well. Worst true catch % in the class and one of the highest drop %. Obviously a fantastic athlete though. 

Thats why I choose to say sentiment in my post in regards to DPJ. Because there was also a lack on his end.

5 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Ahh I see. So did Calvin Johnson, Demryius Thomas, DeAndre Hopkins, Torry Holt, Torrey Smith. I could keep going. 

Hopkins ran a 4.57 40 and had a 1.62 10 yard split

Numbers

Not sure what you are trying to say here.  Other than Hopkins those other players you named ran .15 to .2 seconds faster in 40 than Higgins. So not comparable at all

4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

He was probably in shock 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, noacls said:

Not sure what you are trying to say here.  Other than Hopkins those other players you named ran .15 to .2 seconds faster in 40 than Higgins. So not comparable at all

Umm I said he had a 19.8 yard average and 13tds, and the response was "relax, he plays in the acc". I named successful ACC players.  Not sure what you are trying to say?

4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

36” vert and 115” broad jump so probably about the same catch radius if not worse than Higgins. 

Numbers

Just now, BillsFan2313 said:

Umm I said he had a 19.8 yard average and 13tds, and the response was "relax, he plays in the acc". I named successful ACC players.  Not sure what you are trying to say?

Got ya did not see upthread. What I'm saying is he is slow and cant jump. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, noacls said:

Got ya did not see upthread. What I'm saying is he is slow and cant jump. 

Slow? Anything under 4.6 is fine for a WR, has great hands and is 6'4. Perfect fit for Allen. 

Edit: I should say under 4.6 for his size. 

Edited by BillsFan2313
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Slow? Anything under 4.6 is fine for a WR, has great hands and is 6'4. Perfect fit for Allen. 

It’s beyond hilarious how much people dislike Higgins. His numbers didn’t blow anyone away but they didn’t send up red flags either. His claim to fame is his play on the field and actually catching the ball. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Edit: I should say under 4.6 for his size. 

Yeah, he's almost as fast as the Bills middle linebacker. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, noacls said:

Yeah, he's almost as fast as the Bills middle linebacker. ?

Boldin ran a 4.71, Larry Fitz 4.63, Jerry Rice 4.73

You keep rocking that 40 time 

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

It’s beyond hilarious how much people dislike Higgins. His numbers didn’t blow anyone away but they didn’t send up red flags either. His claim to fame is his play on the field and actually catching the ball. 

Production doesn't matter. Combine numbers do. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Boldin ran a 4.71, Larry Fitz 4.63, Jerry Rice 4.73

You keep rocking that 40 time 

Production doesn't matter. Combine numbers do. 

Do some research, it's called google. Jerry Rice did not run a 4.73.  Go look at his numbers when he played TOP programs. Got shut down for most part.