There are two kinds of people in this world.........

9 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Regarding those two, who said anything about childhood?  ?

Between the two I have maybe seen an hour's worth collectively while I was home due to illness versus being at work.  Plenty of real life drama while I was in high school.  There were families who changed their name to disassociate with a black sheep relative.  Two hot girls who were second cousins running a pretty open family feud in school.  Family feuding with another family because the idiot son from one knocked up the idiot daughter from the other.  Out in the sticks people would shoot at one another and burn houses down if the hate was strong enough.  

On 3/2/2020 at 1:53 PM, RochesterRob said:

Between the two I have maybe seen an hour's worth collectively while I was home due to illness versus being at work.  Plenty of real life drama while I was in high school.  There were families who changed their name to disassociate with a black sheep relative.  Two hot girls who were second cousins running a pretty open family feud in school.  Family feuding with another family because the idiot son from one knocked up the idiot daughter from the other.  Out in the sticks people would shoot at one another and burn houses down if the hate was strong enough.  

The good ole' Days?

15 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

The good ole' Days?

They weren't bad and they weren't great.  The biggest problem I had was being tarred by my uncle's family in school.  Which is to say everybody assumed I was going to act the worst that my cousins did because I had the same surname.  One time I had to beg a teacher and a guidance counselor to take a given class because that teacher had a no "smith" policy.  Feuding was and is a pretty big deal close to the city as well as out in the country.  I know state troopers that will not go into certain areas and certain homes without back up.  Better today than 100 years ago when somebody could perform a crime against you and have it go without action because you were not related to 90 percent of the town which consisted of one family.  One state trooper friend speculated that a person could go missing indefinitely if it was not reported.  The law only cares that you attend school up to age 16 in terms of your whereabouts.  Your name could be on the deed to your property and the only thing the law cares about is that the taxes are paid and not who made the payment.

4 minutes ago, T&C said:

Never had a popsicle on a hot summer day?

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

are you sure that’s what this is??

Don't you two ruin this for me.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

are you sure that’s what this is??

I think its the grape one. We had these all the time as kids, although, as the song goes, "nobody does it better".

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

They weren't bad and they weren't great.  The biggest problem I had was being tarred by my uncle's family in school.  Which is to say everybody assumed I was going to act the worst that my cousins did because I had the same surname.  One time I had to beg a teacher and a guidance counselor to take a given class because that teacher had a no "smith" policy.  Feuding was and is a pretty big deal close to the city as well as out in the country.  I know state troopers that will not go into certain areas and certain homes without back up.  Better today than 100 years ago when somebody could perform a crime against you and have it go without action because you were not related to 90 percent of the town which consisted of one family.  One state trooper friend speculated that a person could go missing indefinitely if it was not reported.  The law only cares that you attend school up to age 16 in terms of your whereabouts.  Your name could be on the deed to your property and the only thing the law cares about is that the taxes are paid and not who made the payment.

Your reminiscing in the previous post just made me expect you to be sitting on a rocking chair with a 'glass of sweet tea' and add in the 'Good ole days' comment.....

19 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Your reminiscing in the previous post just made me expect you to be sitting on a rocking chair with a 'glass of sweet tea' and add in the 'Good ole days' comment.....

Not old at all.  I have yet to exit my 50's in terms of my age.  I have a very good memory and by nature am fairly reflective of the past.  

On 3/1/2020 at 4:06 PM, RochesterRob said:

Those who believe that Gilligan is the problem and those who think that the rest of the castaways are the real morons for entrusting any degree of responsibility to Gilligan.  

On 3/1/2020 at 4:34 PM, row_33 said:

mom forbid me watching it during the 70s when i was in elementary school, said it was too stupid a show

On 3/1/2020 at 5:55 PM, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

504b5ffe9d94d221c8fa05e593fafd03.jpg

Gilligan's the problem? Stupid? Looks like a genius plan in this picture?

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Don't you two ruin this for me.

You should get your screen shot now, then blow it up into a poster to hang over your bed. (Don’t blame me if you go blind!) 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/1/2020 at 4:06 PM, RochesterRob said:

Those who believe that Gilligan is the problem and those who think that the rest of the castaways are the real morons for entrusting any degree of responsibility to Gilligan.  

I thought for sure the answer was going to be those who prefer @teef and those that are wrong.

Two kinds of people in this world
Winners, losers
I lost my power in this world
'Cause I did not use it

So I go insane
Like I always do
And I call your name
She's a lot like you

Two kinds of trouble in this world
Living, dying
I lost my power in this world
And the rumors are flying