Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

4 minutes ago, GG said:

It makes a boat load of sense.  Bills can swallow Foles contract this year, and it will be worth it if Yannick comes with it.  Next year, Foles will be prime trade bait.  Nobody wants to touch him with his contract this year.  It's a different story after '20 season.

Yep. And Foles is still a top 5 backup QB in the league and we could definitely use the improvement there. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

image.jpeg.96fbdc09fc70d4881d2b9ff78529b82b.jpeg

There is plenty of $$$. Read the Thompsett article I just linked (It is nuts, but does show how much flexibility we do have)

It’s almost like there aren’t 31 other teams all trying to rob the same train.

25 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If it's possible to eat Foles's contract as a condition of getting Ngakoue that is a no brainer for us.

I posted this as my hair-brained idea a few weeks ago, but was quickly schooled that Jax is still on the hook for a huge portion of the Foles hit. Even if they trade him away, they still eat something like $18M of the $22M he's set to earn this year.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Milano is a solid LB but he wasn't the same player he was last year from what he was before he got injured in 2018. He also plays OLB, not a premier position and not a position in shelling out a ***** ton of money too.

That is my point. People continue to be scared of the Bills spending money on good FAs because of resigning their own when they have plenty of money to resign a couple top end FAs and resign their own at what they consider premier positions(Edmunds, Tre, Dawkins). 

You call me out for not watching the games and then you say OLB isn’t an important position LOL?

Scott, do you notice we don’t run Dime at all? We exclusively run Nickel on passing downs. Which means we have two LB’s on the field....Edmunds and Milano.  There’s an obvious reason they’re always on the field but you’re too dense to understand it.

Your Linebacker knowledge is pretty funny.  First Edmunds is not a MLB and Milano isn’t that good.  Yikes.

The Eagles should want to trade for Nick Foles but they don't have the balls to admit that's the right play.  That offense is on another level when he's the quarterback.  He's the guy for *that* system.   

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I wanted him fired? ? When was this?

Yea. I hated the Watkins trade. Notice, they are still looking for his replacement....

So is LA. KC will be soon. Look at his catches, yards & TDs. Far too pedestrian for such a high salary. He’s fast, sure handed and a threat to score every time he touches the ball. BUT..

..the Best ability is AVAILability.

C’mon, Scott. We know you pitch your tent on the edge of reality. Don’t step off the cliff.

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dpberr said:

The Eagles should want to trade for Nick Foles but they don't have the balls to admit that's the right play.  That offense is on another level when he's the quarterback.  He's the guy for *that* system.   

I think they would take him back, but they can't afford him as it is now.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

If it's possible to eat Foles's contract as a condition of getting Ngakoue that is a no brainer for us.

This is, of course, assuming they wanted to overpay Ngakoue in the first place. If they were not going to be free agent bidders then the tag does nothing to change their position. For all intents and purposes this would be equivalent to paying Ngakoue something like 40 million this season, isn’t it? If you include the Foles contract into the equation. If that’s the case wouldn’t Clowney at even 25 million be just as good, if not better?

Edited by PetermansRedemption

47 minutes ago, H2o said:

Scherff and Dupree both getting the Franchise Tag. Their names had been mentioned on here as well. 

Pittsburgh is going to have to make some tough cuts to make that happen.

I suggest the Bills be opportunistic and offer sheet Matt Feiler, their RT. Bills’ fans will know him as the big dude that managed to angle down Tre White and prevent a pick-6 on SNF. Steeler fans will tell you that he’s quietly their best OLman.

11 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I’m in. Let’s roll.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1