Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

1 minute ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Thanks, @HappyDays. Now can this board please, finally STOP the talk of A.J. Green to the Bills?

I don't want a 32 year old WR who has played something like 3 snaps the last 3 years. No thank you.

The Bills should just concentrate on drafting WR's because the draft is strong with WR's and the FA class is weak with WR's.

The only player in the FA WR market that the Bills should try and bring in is Rashad Higgins, but he might want 35 mill a year in this hideous monetary market.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, njbuff said:

I don't want a 32 year old WR who has played something like 3 snaps the last 3 years. No thank you.

The Bills should just concentrate on drafting WR's because the draft is strong with WR's and the FA class is weak with WR's.

The only player in the FA WR market that the Bills should try and bring in is Rashad Higgins, but he might want 35 mill a year in this hideous monetary market.

Same. I would take Diggs for our 2nd, if we miss out on Ruggs III, and don't end up taking a WR in the 1st. 

A.J. Green was a great WR, but the injuries, age, and the fact that you have to pay a WR for past production are all major negatives, in my book. 

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

As of now I see 9 jax, 10 cle, 14 tb and 16 atl that would be willing to slide back for more picks, but it all depends on how the feel on the blue chippers left and what needs they are looking to fill in the draft. 

Jax is cash strapped and will need more players to fill holes on their roster imo. The GM and HC are on their last legs and the inability to sign UFAs could easily push their attention to the draft to bolster the roster enough to save their jobs. This move would be very expensive, so our board better be right...

Cle will be looking hard at OT imo, but if they get exhausted quicker than 10, they could be a spot, especially with a new hc and gm who will want to shape the roster with more of their guys. 

TB we have a good trading relationship with and again, team needs could allow them to slide back and nab an extra pick or 2.

Atl is a cap hell team and will need as many picks as possible to flesh out their roster.

I can't recall a time where there was ever this much movement in regards to QBs

The savant Albright has him or Reagor pegged to Den. 

My personal opinion is that he sure fits past Raider WR profiles and it would shock me to see Mayock take him at 12. 

One of these 3 are going to slide a bit unless a big trade happens, which I could see Philly trying to do

This was like 10 regimes and an owner ago. I think Ruggs could be in play for them because I think teams may view him as the #1 WR prospect in the draft, but the "he's fast, so he must be a Raider" thing is so overplayed.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

AJ Green is no Jerry Rice, man.

Just for the record..............

No one is Jerry Rice.

There isn't a WR now or in the history of the game that is even in Rice's league.

• Like (+1) 3

Bummer that AJ is off the table, but not surprising.

We need to acquire another vet WR either via free agency or trade IMO. The free agents I'd be looking at are:

• Paul Richardson
  • Taylor Gabriel
  • Devin Funchess
  • Chris Hogan

Obviously none of these guys are terribly exciting but we need someone that is capable of starting so that we aren't in desperate need of a rookie WR that can start right away. I'm still hoping for a trade but if need be, these guys would do the trick without breaking the bank.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

This was like 10 regimes and an owner ago. I think Ruggs could be in play for them because I think teams may view him as the #1 WR prospect in the draft, but the "he's fast, so he must be a Raider" thing is so overplayed.

I hate posting on my phone, I swear parts get left off and wording is changed...

Still a davis and gruden in charge, and he won't actually be overdrafted...

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I hate posting on my phone, I swear parts get left off and wording is changed...

Still a davis and gruden in charge, and he won't actually be overdrafted...

Gruden has basically no history of targeting players like Ruggs (though it's possible his philosophies have changed as the league has evolved). He's generally favored bigger WRs.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Good.

He can bring that wonderful pass blocking that saw the Bills destroy the Titans’ OL to the tune of 5 sacks, 8 pressures, 5 hurries, and 4 QB knockdowns to a team we play 2x per year ?

Is Conklin the dude that was running his mouth in the Bills game this year?

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We aren't getting a #1 WR in free agency. Need to do what it takes to get one in the draft.

Great Googly Moogley.  The WR franchise tag number should be approximately $18.5M this season.  AJ should sign that fully guaranteed contract as it comes off the printer.  Even if it is for Cincinnati.

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

If Jax tags their DE then we can definitely do a deal with them.  

If that were true they would be sniffing the goal line more......

He gave up zero sack in his last 11 games and got a top 5 grade from PFF. We got sacks up the middle!!!!! OT does stop DTs......  You don't think he wouldn't be our best RT since forever? Name a single decent RT we have had that made a pro bowl...

I think he’s a good RT. He’s not even close to a 15M player, and if the Jets pay him that to be a decent RT I’ll be smiling knowing that we’re paying Nsekhe less than half that much.

And for the record, on one of Jordan Phillips’ sacks, Conklin got housed by Trent Murphy on a spin move.

21 minutes ago, DJB said:

Is Conklin the dude that was running his mouth in the Bills game this year?

No, that was Lewan.

Edited by thebandit27
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Great Googly Moogley.  The WR franchise tag number should be approximately $18.5M this season.  AJ should sign that fully guaranteed contract as it comes off the printer.  Even if it is for Cincinnati.

He had reportedly been expecting about that much if not more per year for multiple years. Obviously still a decent deal for him but I'm sure he was hoping for one more long-ish term pay day. He still might get it too.