Could it be????

Clements (for a 1st and 3rd), Henry (for a 2nd) are gone and we end up with a 1st, two 2nd rounders and two 3rd rounders.

...we then use those those picks on 2 corners, 2 offensive linemen, and a kicker.

I like Clements, but I roll the dice and get the picks while their hot.

Clements (for a 1st and 3rd), Henry (for a 2nd) are gone and we end up with a 1st, two 2nd rounders and two 3rd rounders.

...we then use those those picks on 2 corners, 2 offensive linemen, and a kicker.

306264[/snapback]

1st and a 3rd for Clements???? Link???

306264[/snapback]

i stick with the proven commodity in Clements....at least for this year. we are not that far off from doing great things. let's keep Nate until he demands more and expects to be bigger than the team (next year)

That is what I feel he's worth.

306271[/snapback]

You have to look at what Miami is trying to get for Patrick Surtain. They aren't even getting CLOSE to a 1st round pick. No way is Clements worth a 1st and 2nd. Sorry, you are dreaming.

You have to look at what Miami is trying to get for Patrick Surtain.  They aren't even getting CLOSE to a 1st round pick.  No way is Clements worth a 1st and 2nd.  Sorry, you are dreaming.

306302[/snapback]

The last offer to Miami for Sutain was a 4th from KC.

306264[/snapback]

But who plays corner THIS year?

I like the idea of trading Clements, because it's a better alternative than TD pulling an Antoine Winfield. Clements is younger than Surtain, and young players typically command much higher trade interest and higher salaries than older players do. Compare what Troy Vincent got from us to what Winfield got from Minnesota.

1Billsfan is more optimistic than me about what we could get from trading Henry and Clements. I'd be happy to trade both players away in exchange for the Mike Williams pick. Our 2nd could be used on Baas (hopefully). We'd take a LT in the 3rd to replace Teague a year from now.

What about our secondary? Vincent could be moved back to CB to replace Clements, while Rashad Baker could take his place as FS. We'd use the 4th round pick on a CB who could hopefully grow into a starting role.

Mike Williams would replace Moulds starting in 2006. Between getting rid of Moulds and trading away Clements, we should have the salary cap space to re-sign whichever of our other players deserve extensions. We'd have gotten younger and better at possession WR. We'd have set the stage for possibly having an elite offensive line.