Anyone skied Breck / Keystone?

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Also... Years ago had my daughter, when she was very little, got run over by an out of control boarder.  Sure it happens on skis... But you shouldn't have to hit your azz on the deck to stop.  Uphill skier/rider is burdened should be in total control.

Like driving, you're responsible for yourself and whoever is in front of you. If you hit someone that's in front of you, it's your fault, end of conversation. I was taken out from behind on the steep part of skyehawk at Killington several years ago. Helpless feeling.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Like driving, you're responsible for yourself and whoever is in front of you. If you hit someone that's in front of you, it's your fault, end of conversation. I was taken out from behind on the steep part of skyehawk at Killington several years ago. Helpless feeling.

Went to Steamboat and driving up from Denver... Lots of billboards (urban areas around Denver etc...)  with lawyers advertising: "Hurt in a snowsports accident?"  Make that son of a bit... pay, we'll help...

Okay... Maybe NOT the last part, but you get the gist.  There's even ambulance chasers on snowmobiles and snowcats  in Colorado!

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/4/2020 at 9:41 PM, Augie said:

We did Breckenridge coming from Sarasota, FL. The difference between 14’ of elevation to about 9,300’ at the base did us IN! Goes up close to 13k I think. Spent the first couple days hooked up to oxygen in the condo. We were not alone. People all over town carrying tanks. Got a bill for like $450 from Main Street Oxygen months later, thought we had already paid, but nope. 

Our little travel soccer star bent over to make his first snowball upon arrival. This kid could run ALL DAY LONG on hot Florida weekends for soccer tournaments. He tried to rise up after picking up his first snow, but semi-passed out and almost did a face plant on the sidewalk, but I grabbed his hood. FREAKY! Next trip was to Park City, not as high. If you’re not at sea level, probably not a big deal. 

I can’t tell you about the skiing, other than amazingly beautiful, and not enough green for my tastes. I’m a ski wimp. 

It must have been March because we watched some NCAA hoops at Eric’s Down Under and had a great time there. 

We went to Vail after a work trip to Denver a couple years ago. Didn’t ski, but glad we added a couple days to see it. Not as high as I recall, and very nice. 

I still have an Eric’s shirt from like 20 years ago!