Jammal Brown visited Bills

Would have to package picks and move up. A little surprising I think, but who knows how many players they brought in to look at and talk to. Brown is the first one I have seen in print though.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/news/story?id=2037066

Passthepotatoes says he's strictly a RT prospect but i have seen somewhere they think he will be or could be an LT in the pros.

Would have to package picks and move up. A little surprising I think, but who knows how many players they brought in to look at and talk to. Brown is the first one I have seen in print though.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/news/story?id=2037066

Passthepotatoes says he's strictly a RT prospect but i have seen somewhere they think he will be or could be an LT in the pros.

305766[/snapback]

Or we could package our 2nd and Henry to move into the late first. Perhaps to Seattle if the rumors of Alexander to Philly happens.

Jammal Brown is projected as the #2 Tackle in the entire Draft...would make an excellent addition to the Bills...but as Kelly and Jokeman said, we'd definitely have to do a huge tradeup into Round One to get him.  He could potentially be gone by pick #20.

305881[/snapback]

Which kind of rules out one single deal with Tampa (at 5), Arizona (at 8), possibly Philly (at 31) to accomplish. It would take multiple moves. That would be interesting. And, it would almost guarrantee I'd never understand the end result of the actual value of the trades, no matter how many times I read it. :D

Which kind of rules out one single deal with Tampa (at 5), Arizona (at 8), possibly Philly (at 31) to accomplish. It would take multiple moves. That would be interesting. And, it would almost guarrantee I'd never understand the end result of the actual value of the trades, no matter how many times I read it.  :D

305917[/snapback]

Don't feel bad. There are people who still insist that we "gave up" a first-round pick to get Losman last year. :D

Dont know anything about him but it sounds like he is a humble guy who will do what it takes to suceed in the NFL. I like that in new players. Lets just hope that the money dont change that.

305854[/snapback]

Per ESPN Insider:

Strengths: Is athletic and mobile. Has good initial quickness and balance. Has adequate speed, takes good angles as a downfield blocker and really shows good body control in space. His strength is in pass protection. He has just adequate height and bulk but he has longer arms and a powerful punch.

He has great quickness in his pass pro set. Is very sudden in his movements. Shows a quick first step. Good leverage and body control in both areas. Stays balanced and shows very good body control when he works at it. Has excellent lateral movement skills. Is rarely beat by pure speed and shows the ability to mirror and slide versus the double move when he plays with leverage.

He does a very good job in terms of hand placement and he has a jarring punch. His run blocking skills must improve but he does have good initial quickness and is able to consistently get in position on reach blocks. He has very good initial power and has the potential to develop into an efficient run blocker in the NFL if he becomes more physical.

Weaknesses: He keeps getting bigger and stronger, but he does not have ideal bulk and he has just adequate height for an elite OT prospect. He is powerful in his upper body but does not have the massive frame to simply engulf smaller defensive ends in the NFL. Isn't nearly as physical or aggressive as he needs to be.

Has the athleticism to play LOT but lacks experience at that position after playing ROT in college. Doesn't finish as well as he should as a run blocker. Mental capacity? Scored 13 on Wonderlic.

Overall: Brown was a partial qualifier who was cleared by the NCAA as a true freshman but wound up redshirting in 2000 because of a knee injury anyway. He played as a reserve right tackle as a redshirt freshman in 2001 before taking over as a fulltime starter at right tackle as a sophomore in 2002. Brown has been a fulltime starter and first team All-Big 12 the past three seasons (2002-'04).

Brown doesn't have elite size but he keeps getting bigger and stronger. He has excellent feet and good overall athletic ability, which is why he shows the potential to start at the LOT position in the NFL.

Brown had his best season as a senior in 2004 and he's become a more technically sound and complete player. But despite his natural ability and success on the collegiate level, Brown could drop to the bottom of the first or the top of the second round due to concerns about his overall toughness and aggressiveness.

Similar to Kenyatta Walker (oh no! :D ) (Buccaneers 1st round pick in 2001), there's a chance that Brown never reaches his potential in the NFL because he isn't the hardest worker or the most physical player that's why he's a big "risk-and-reward" prospect.

NFL | Fast Fact: Jammal Brown - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:18:38 -0700

According to Andrew Mason of DenverBroncos.com, NFL Draft prospect OT Jammal Brown (Oklahoma) did not allow a sack during his senior season at Oklahoma.

305869[/snapback]

Impressive but then again, Oaklahoma only threw the ball 7 times last year. Granted, there were no sacks on those 7 plays but still.... :D

Impressive but then again, Oaklahoma only threw the ball 7 times last year.  Granted, there were no sacks on those 7 plays but still.... :D

306125[/snapback]

Actually, with Jason White at QB, Oklahoma threw 392 times in 13 games. It's pretty impressive that Brown didn't give up a single sack in that many attempts (although I believe Mike Williams had a similar stat at Texas his senior year :D ).

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.db...0&ATCLID=109857