Passports needed for Fort Erie?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I'm sure the GOP would do the same thing if a left president did this, but there is so much to be critical of in this world; being critical of a person who is able to backtrack his own plans to keep from making a mistake seems more like someone is working overtime to find reasons to bash Bush.

There's a story beyond the headline. Put the Hot Pocket down and read.

Unfortunately, I'm sure the GOP would do the same thing if a left president did this, but there is so much to be critical of in this world; being critical of a person who is able to backtrack his own plans to keep from making a mistake seems more like someone is working overtime to find reasons to bash Bush.

There's a story beyond the headline. Put the Hot Pocket down and read.

308273[/snapback]

He's back tracking because he doesn't have a choice. Don't think the Democrats (outside of Louise Slaughter) are getting off lightly either. As Turner stated their wimpy reaction is just as much to blame as Bush's original plan.

I guess we're going to have to wait and see what we get. As if the lines at the bridges around here couldn't get any more painful they have to throw this red tape at us.

Funny how you find out about things. I first heard this story over a week ago (before the outrage locally hit) on the damn sports station GR55 driving through Grand Island on my way to work. Appearently it took the sports guys to rile things up.

The last time I went accross...Every one in the car had to show ID....So what if it's a passport now? Granted there's some additional cost but hey...every other country needs a passport......I definitly think Mexicans need one to come over...Why not Canadians (and us) when we cross.

"The last time I went accross"

Which was when? These are key words because they infer that you very rarely go across. You must have aroused suspicion because the last time I was asked to show photo ID was back in highschool. Anyone who has ever crossed the bridges around here knows the routine: you pull up to the booth they ask your citizenship, where you live, how long you were in Canada and what you're bringing back. The whole exchange takes about a minute. My father, a retired US Customs agent, says this passport nonsense if approved in its current form would jam things up so badly nobody's ever going to want to cross the bridge.

And for those of you who don't think this is a big deal there's plenty of irate folks around here a heckuva lot angrier than I am.http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050417/15030901.asp

308462[/snapback]

Were they also angry on September 11th? I love how people will act like the government is doing something because they took away lighters from travelers but when they ask you to have proper identification to enter the country, it's short bussers drinking RedBull and Jolt with a side of poprocks. Brilliant.

Were they also angry on September 11th?  I love how people will act like the government is doing something because they took away lighters from travelers but when they ask you to have proper identification to enter the country, it's short bussers drinking RedBull and Jolt with a side of poprocks.  Brilliant.

308757[/snapback]

Didn't you know? We are supposed to secure our borders, but do it without inconveniencing people.

Were they also angry on September 11th?  I love how people will act like the government is doing something because they took away lighters from travelers but when they ask you to have proper identification to enter the country, it's short bussers drinking RedBull and Jolt with a side of poprocks.  Brilliant.

308757[/snapback]

ONCE MORE (in caps just for Potsie) ALL THE HI-JACKERS HAD PASSPORTS!

ONCE MORE (in caps just for Potsie) ALL THE HI-JACKERS HAD PASSPORTS!

309674[/snapback]

That's correct, all of them did have passports. However, passports are SCANNABLE. That means when they run a PASSPORT, they have a chance of actually catching people who are scumbag piece of crap terrorists. 2 of (and possibly 6 others) the 9/11 hijackers had passports that had been manipulated. I won't even go into how much more scrutiny someone traveling on a Middle Eastern passport will receive as opposed to someone moving around on a US or Canadian driver's license. Even to an obvious simpleton like you that should be obvious.

Feel free to get back to telling us how very smart you percieve yourself to be - and don't forget to include the ever ridiculous 70's television resets.

"Feel free to get back to telling us how very smart you percieve yourself to be - and don't forget to include the ever ridiculous 70's television resets."

What? You're mocking out American pop culture now?

309703[/snapback]

Thanks for the predictable response. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the predictable response.  :rolleyes:

309715[/snapback]

What are you looking for Darin? If you pretend to think this passport idea will do any good and be a mild inconvenience to those of us who reside near a border then I have no other choice but to say you're delusional.

being critical of a person who is able to backtrack his own plans to keep from making a mistake seems more like someone is working overtime to find reasons to bash Bush.

308273[/snapback]

Interesting. There was plenty of criticism leveled at Kerry for doing just that.

What are you looking for Darin? If you pretend to think this passport idea will do any good and be a mild inconvenience to those of us who reside near a border then I have no other choice but to say you're delusional.

309722[/snapback]

Oh, I didn't say it was going to do any good. There are low paid government employees and enough layers of incompetent management by same throughout the entire process who'll ensure that it'll be nothing more than a goat fug. Simply put, I don't care much about it because it's just another erosion of liberty in the name of the big government you and your panty waste political cronies only love when you're the ones doing it.

What do I mean, you ask? You liberals openly and regularly spew drivel about how only government control of inanimate objects will keep us safer but the very same government forcing citizens to actually have inanimate objects in their possession to cross soveriegn borders will do no good and be a "mild inconvenience." For the very first time on the board, someone can work for the NRA and the ACLU at the exact same time, as long as there's no subject matter ever cited.

Thanks for playing.

Interesting.  There was plenty of criticism leveled at Kerry for doing just that.

309767[/snapback]

Perhaps but some of that was deserved. That whole "I voted for it before I voted against it" Kerry sound-byte was a well-framed piece of Republican opportunism that Kerry so thoughtlessly provided.

It still doesn't erase the double standard of yet another classic Bush (Steel Tariffs anyone?) "flip-flop".