The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Jon Stewart recalls outrage after he backed COVID-19 lab leak theory: ‘F–k you, I’m done’

The former “Daily Show” host had faced condemnation for backing the theory during his June 2021 discussion with Colbert.

“First of all, I wasn’t waiting on the Department of Energy to weigh in on this,” Stewart joked.

“The larger problem with all of this is the inability to discuss things that are within the realm of possibility without falling into absolutes and litmus-testing each other for our political allegiances as it arose from that,” Stewart added. (Leftists morons you associate with Jon)

“My bigger problem with that was, I thought it was a pretty good bit that expressed kind of how I felt, and the two things that came out of it were, I’m racist against Asian people, and how dare I align myself with the alt-right.”

Stewart recalled that the backlash he faced was “swift, immediate and quite loud” in the aftermath of his appearance, though he added that he “didn’t take that personally.”

“The part that I don’t like about it is the absolutes and the dismissive like ‘f–k you, I’m done with you. I will never forgive you, you have crossed an unforgivable line. You’ve expressed an opinion that is antithetical to mine, or not mine,’” Stewart continued.

“What was stunning to me, I think, was the anger,” he added.

Critics on the left attacked Stewart for his remarkson “The Late Show” last year. At the time, the COVID-19 lab leak theory was widely panned as a conspiracy theory by most mainstream media outlets.

Colbert appeared to be shocked by Stewart’s stance.  (I can’t imagine why):

“Do you mean perhaps there’s a chance that this was created in a lab? If there’s evidence, I’d love to hear it, I just don’t know,” Colbert said.

“A chance? Oh my God!” Stewart replied with clear incredulity. “There’s a novel respiratory coronavirus overtaking Wuhan, China, what do we do? Oh, you know who we could ask?

The Wuhan novel respiratory coronavirus lab.”

https://nypost.com/2023/02/28/jon-stewart-recalls-outrage-after-he-backed-covid-19-lab-leak-theory-f-k-you-im-done/?utm_source=reddit.com

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As usual, the discussion has gone off the rails. The real point is NOT whether the virus was created in a lab in order to intentionally start a worldwide pandemic. The question is why was the establishment so quick to shut down anyone who thought it came from the lab at all….intentionally or not? 

This entire pandemic response will go down as the worst public health disaster/perpetration in history. That is of course if we learn nothing from this entire farce! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

As usual, the discussion has gone off the rails. The real point is NOT whether the virus was created in a lab in order to intentionally start a worldwide pandemic. The question is why was the establishment so quick to shut down anyone who thought it came from the lab at all….intentionally or not? 

This entire pandemic response will go down as the worst public health disaster/perpetration in history. That is of course if we learn nothing from this entire farce! 

You mean besides Trump saying it came from the man from almost the beginning and them needing to gainsay it?  Why would they need any other reason?

1 minute ago, Doc said:

You mean besides Trump saying it came from the man from almost the beginning and them needing to gainsay it?  Why would they need any other reason?

That part always seemed really odd to me. As has been widely discussed, these diseases are generally named after the place where they originated. (Lyme's disease, Ebola, SARS, etc.). So why was it so wrong to call this one the Wuhan Virus? You believe it was all about scoring a brief, momentary, political point against Trump. The bigger question is what if it actually went beyond Trump?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

That part always seemed really odd to me. As has been widely discussed, these diseases are generally named after the place where they originated. (Lyme's disease, Ebola, SARS, etc.). So why was it so wrong to call this one the Wuhan Virus? You believe it was all about scoring a brief, momentary, political point against Trump. The bigger question is what if it actually went beyond Trump?

I’m saying that they used anything they could to score political points in an election year and Wuhan virus was a boon for them.  All the bull#### about the pandemic response team, not wearing a mask, the lab leak, daily death counter, hydroxychloroquine, not trusting the vaccine, etc.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chris farley said:

How much you wanna bet if she took an anti body test, it would show she had it at some point.

When fear/panic consumes.  

ELISA serology test.  Chances she has anti-covid19 antibodies?

99.9%.

What's an ELISA assay?  @redtail hawk

What's a serology test?  @redtail hawk

I'll take questions that our resident quack MD and those who demanded everyone else "follow the science" two years ago ask now for $1000 Alex.

Edited by BillsFanNC

5 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

Chigoose/redhawk - can you say DREAM GIRL?

Anybody see the movie Easy A?

One of a number of classic lines is when the teacher asks Emma Stone “when are you kids going to learn not to post your every waking thought online”? 

Yikes, does that apply to this ‘doctor’!