The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

9 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I'll save you the work

They went from a 1.7 positivity rate to 3.8 in the last 15 days.   

At that trajectory in 3 weeks you'll be at 6% positivity rate, in lockdown, and your governor will have another book deal.  

I don’t live in NY. Everyone in my family, except for me, lives in Florida. 

My Governor is Phil Murphy, who is on his way to a landslide victory here in NJ.

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

And how many of those deaths consisted of people who were fully vaccinated?

Probably none. Why?

26 minutes ago, Governor said:

I don’t live in NY. Everyone in my family, except for me, lives in Florida. 

My Governor is Phil Murphy, who is on his way to a landslide victory here in NJ.

Probably none. Why?

As long as the vaccines continue to be almost 100% effective in preventing Covid deaths and are available for everyone in the at risk population.... I have no sympathy for those who die because they were too stupid not to get the vaccine.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc Brown said:

As long as the vaccines continue to be almost 100% effective in preventing Covid deaths and are available for everyone in the at risk population.... I have no sympathy for those who die because they were too stupid not to get the vaccine.

Yes. I wasn’t saying that Delta was killing vaccinated old people. The blue-hairs held up their end of the deal and the rest of the state failed them and is on a suicide mission. Florida is going to be a mess by kickoff weekend. Their numbers should look like NJ and they don’t at all.

1 minute ago, Governor said:

Yes. I wasn’t saying that Delta was killing vaccinated old people. The blue-hairs held up their end of the deal and the rest of the state failed them and is on a suicide mission. Florida is going to be a mess by kickoff weekend. Their numbers should look like NJ and they don’t at all.

There vaccination rate is average though compared to other states.  I don't know why you're going so hard after Florida.  Mississippi, Georgia, Louisiana, Alabama, etc. have the lowest rates in the country by far.

5 minutes ago, Governor said:

Florida 1700 deaths per million 

California 1600 deaths per million 

State mandates have been a joke and ruined and destroyed more lives then Covid.  

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Florida 1700 deaths per million 

California 1600 deaths per million 

State mandates have been a joke and ruined and destroyed more lives then Covid.  

How many recent deaths in NY compared to Florida again?

13 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

There vaccination rate is average though compared to other states.  I don't know why you're going so hard after Florida.  Mississippi, Georgia, Louisiana, Alabama, etc. have the lowest rates in the country by far.

Florida has over 3000 cases a day and leads the way in recent deaths due to people not getting vaccinated.

in Georgia, it’s mostly Marjorie Taylor Greene‘s congressional district that’s become the problem. No surprise there.

This is my favorite low info trick the "Covid tracking" websites have done.  

Look at how awesome NY is doing!

Look at that graph!

Ummm......why do they have the Y axis go all the way to 2000 for NY...

Screenshot_20210711-025339_Chrome.jpg

But for Florida.....only 300???

Why would they do that....hmmmm.....I think one looks....."scarier" then the other!  Omg Florida is a death cult!

Screenshot_20210711-025418_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Big Blitz

8 minutes ago, Governor said:

Florida has over 3000 cases a day and leads the way in recent deaths due to people not getting vaccinated.

in Georgia, it’s mostly Marjorie Taylor Greene‘s congressional district that’s become the problem. No surprise there.

NY and NJ have the same restrictions as Florida right now with similar vaccination rates.  I don't see the correlation you're trying to make.

29 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

NY and NJ have the same restrictions as Florida right now with similar vaccination rates.  I don't see the correlation you're trying to make.

We have the same restrictions right now (not really) because no one is dying, unlike Florida, who should be putting new restrictions in place due to a huge spike in recent deaths, because we shouldn’t be cheering on more deaths, even if they deserve it and smell funny.

3/4 of the people here are still wearing masks indoors. 1/3 of the population stills wears masks OUTSIDE. People are masked up walking around in state parks. Today.

We’re doing that because we don’t want Covid and we don’t want to give others Covid, so our numbers don’t start to look like Florida. We didn’t get vaccinated and then say screw everyone else, although I wish I could be that horrible sometimes. I don’t want to get Covid, then give it to a friend, who then gives it to his unvaccinated children, who then give it to their grandparents, and they die, like I’ve been reading about recently.

Edited by Governor

7 minutes ago, Governor said:

We have the same restrictions right now (not really) because no one is dying, unlike Florida, who should be putting new restrictions in place due to a huge spike in recent deaths, because we shouldn’t be cheering on more deaths, even if they deserve it and smell funny.

No.  I'm against any lock downs or restrictions in the US right now unless those fully vaccinated start dying from Covid.  I believe 99.5% of Covid deaths since the beginning of May in the US are among those not fully vaccinated.  The minority (non vaccinated adults) shouldn't ruin it for the majority.  If that means showing your vaccination card to go to a football game or a restaurant....so be it.  You need ID to buy alcohol.  You need a passport to travel to another country.  It's just one more thing.

24 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

No.  I'm against any lock downs or restrictions in the US right now unless those fully vaccinated start dying from Covid.  I believe 99.5% of Covid deaths since the beginning of May in the US are among those not fully vaccinated.  The minority (non vaccinated adults) shouldn't ruin it for the majority.  If that means showing your vaccination card to go to a football game or a restaurant....so be it.  You need ID to buy alcohol.  You need a passport to travel to another country.  It's just one more thing.

You don’t mind taking 5 booster shots over the next 2 years because Florida (if you live there) and a few other red states can’t seem to get their act together?

Some have said that 85 percent of American citizens will get immunity either from the vaccine or the virus itself, but there’s no telling how long it would take to get to that point. That could be more than a year away.

That’s a lot of “gene therapy.” You might turn into the Incredible Hulk!

Edited by Governor

Data now shows that around 28 percent of Oklahomans who test positive for COVID-19 end up in the hospital.

The highly contagious Delta variant is the reason for the increase in COVID-19 cases and the severity of those cases, officials said.

“We currently have as many COVID patients in the hospital as we did at the height of the pandemic. 

https://kfor.com/news/coronavirus/covid-19-once-again-rising-in-oklahoma-doctors-urge-oklahomans-to-get-vaccinated-as-delta-variant-spreads-rapidly/

2 hours ago, Governor said:

3/4 of the people here are still wearing masks indoors. 1/3 of the population stills wears masks OUTSIDE. People are masked up walking around in state parks. Today.

We’re doing that because we don’t want Covid and we don’t want to give others Covid, so our numbers don’t start to look like Florida. We didn’t get vaccinated and then say screw everyone else, although I wish I could be that horrible sometimes. I don’t want to get Covid, then give it to a friend, who then gives it to his unvaccinated children, who then give it to their grandparents, and they die, like I’ve been reading about recently.

There hasn't been a huge spike in recent deaths in Florida.  Quite the opposite.  It's been in steady decline as more people have gotten the vaccines.  If you're wearing masks outdoors despite being vaccinated you're an idiot.  The Covid cases/hospitalizations/deaths here in Buffalo continue to go down despite the lift of the mask mandate.  Oklahoma is a better example given their low rates of vaccination compared to other states and I'm hoping that wakes people up there to get the vaccine.

Screenshot 2021-07-11 at 5.21.38 AM.png

1 minute ago, Sundancer said:

According to the CDC less than 1%. 

UK now at 16x their low hit 2 months ago on cases. 

Good to hear.  The most widely used US vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) so far have more effective than the AstraZeneca vaccine in the UK of fighting off the Delta variant so hopefully we won't have a similar outbreak.  

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

You really don't know why he's going so hard after Florida?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc said:

You really don't know why he's going so hard after Florida?

Oh.  I know why.  I just wanted to see if he saw the flaw in his logic given their vaccination rate is about the national average and most states are now fully open like Florida.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1