The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Read my daily posts. The number of fatalities continues to steadily drop. The ‘rate’ is an interesting aspect, because the denominator is of course dependent on testing...which is a huge variable now controlled by those who CHOOSE to get tested, no longer by the AVAILABILITY of test kits. 

That is the good news . The bad news is the rising number of positive tests that might lead to more hospital admissions and deaths.

8 minutes ago, ALF said:

That is the good news . The bad news is the rising number of positive tests that might lead to more hospital admissions and deaths.

Well the glass can always be considered half empty but for now it appears that things are working out ‘well’. If you’d asked the American public in late March if they’d take 100% availability of testing, a death count as low as we have, and people going back to work in June...it’s hard to believe anyone would’ve been complaining. But...the national media has to sell discord in order to woo advertisers.

• Like (+1) 2

so wait.... you mean to tell me that the morbidity rate is .5%? on par with the seasonal flu? that would more than likely be even lower had we not contaminated of nursing homes by knowingly sending infected people there. and we wrecked a historic economy in the process? 

who would have guessed it. 

#hoax #DemConspiracy #evil

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/1277032351588106240

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

oh, i would say that the Left is leading the way. encouraging all those Antifa protests is not going to look good for them when push comes to shove.

its literally already been confirmed that the protests caused no spikes in cases. 

do you know what caused spikes? the states that opened up to early. but yea keep blaming everything on "antifa" 

• Haha (+1) 2

The number of New Yorkers testing positive for the coronavirus dropped below 1 percent to .96 percent, Cuomo’s office said Saturday.

There were 73,262 tests conducted in the state with 703 positive results.

The state reported 13 coronavirus deaths Friday and 908 people hospitalized with the bug, down 43 from the day before.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

its literally already been confirmed that the protests caused no spikes in cases. 

do you know what caused spikes? the states that opened up to early. but yea keep blaming everything on "antifa" 

can i call you cornpop?

• Haha (+1) 2

Deaths continue to trend lower at a healthy clip. 7 day moving average now at 528.

500 is where I pegged it would bottom out with an optimistic scenario of 300 but too many infections I believe for that to happen.

But the deaths are trending in the right direction.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Magox said:

Deaths continue to trend lower at a healthy clip. 7 day moving average now at 528.

500 is where I pegged it would bottom out with an optimistic scenario of 300 but too many infections I believe for that to happen.

But the deaths are trending in the right direction.

So let me get this right: in relative terms, people are getting sick, but the number of people actually dying from COVID now is incredibly small.

Odd, given the continued media panic.

This is probably where Cuomo explains how his governance helped bring that number down by sentencing so many people to certain death at nursing homes when this thing started out.

That Cuomo. He's a real man of the people.

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

So let me get this right: in relative terms, people are getting sick, but the number of people actually dying from COVID now is incredibly small.

Odd, given the continued media panic.

This is probably where Cuomo explains how his governance helped bring that number down by sentencing so many people to certain death at nursing homes when this thing started out.

That Cuomo. He's a real man of the people.

We will have a much better idea over the next couple weeks.   But if the reporting is correct the average age of the people getting infected are much younger than before, there are a lot of asymptotic positives, surveillance testing and contact tracing is way up, hospitals and doctors are better equipped to treat patients and it’s possible that the virus is mutating and getting weaker (that was said today by DeSantis and by many others).

If deaths go up some and not a big spike then the trade off Is worth it.  Overall public health and the economy are in the other side of the ledger and that is a huge consideration.

• Like (+1) 1