The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

11 hours ago, Reality Check said:

If the protesters don't care, then that is good enough for me. If I don't support the protesters then that would mean I support the fascists and the racists. To show that I am not a racist, the right thing for me to do is whatever the hell I was doing before the racist virus came to town, triggering a shutdown supported by fascists. I think that you and GregPersons  would have a great conversation. 

It's even a level beyond this. The government players that dictated a shutdown for COVID, don't care that the protestors don't care.

If the numbers are to be believed then the elderly and minorities are more prone to catching COVID.

If COVID is the big existential threat these government officials made it out to be then we have quite a conundrum.

Go ahead and allow and even praise rallies/riots of 1000,10,000 and even 100k (see Philly) where the majority of protestors are minorities which puts all of the protestors at greater risk of catching COVID. Or admit COVID was never the existential threat it was made out to be, and now the cat is out of the bag that an economy was ruined for 'no reason' and continued shut downs are illegitimate.

It could be the lefty 'allies of minorities' really don't care if the protestors do catch COVID, and spread it further to propagate another round of government mandated quarantines. But that would be conspiracy level stuff right? That would be like purposely putting COVID+ patients in locked down communities with the elderly who are at most risk, and we know that wouldn't happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 hours ago, fansince88 said:

So, went to Texas Road House here in Watertown NY today. Had outdoor tables under a tent. Had to walk from the car to the tent with a facemask. Then once in the tent at our table we could take our masks off. From the car to the table was the scariest 60 feet in my life! My question is how do they know the virus can't touch me within that tent area? WOW DUDE!!

All you needed to do was carry some sort of protest sign with you from the car to the tent and you'd have been safe. Haven't you learned anything in the last couple of weeks? 

Is Fauci a fraud or liar?    From John Nolte who supported Fauci through this

Fauci’s message was clear, militant, terrifying, and relentless: If you don’t do these things, if you don’t sacrifice these things, if you don’t give up your liberty and prosperity, you are no better than a serial killer. The coronavirus is a unique and deadly killer, a particularly infectious and fatal disease unlike anything we’ve seen in more than a century.

And because Fauci became America’s trusted scientific (and moral) authority, because he assured us he spoke only as a scientist and infectious disease expert, because he assured us he would always tell us like it is, and do so at any cost because public health was his only priority, look at what happened…

What kind of man raises the alarm about the fact the black population is disproportionately killed by this virus and then remains silent as the black population gathers en masse, and remains silent as his fellow healthcare workers openly encourage the mass gathering of black America?

I’m almost as disgusted with myself for trusting Fauci as I am with him.

Never again will I trust the “experts.”

***** them.

***** them all forever.

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

FL's testing is up too but it's definitely not been as rosy as some were saying just a few weeks ago. The entire south has seen rising cases and in AZ, the hospital situation is now officially dire with its largest system operating at 100% capacity. 

The reopening is not going as well as we had hoped. 

It's almost like the virus doesn't give a ***** about politics!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Wonder why that is? Could it be because nearly every expert has not just been wrong, but laughably so? 

They jumped the shark with their attempts to support the "protests". The jig is up.

It's over.  The public will not accept a lock down.  

As I've said for over a month now, take care of the elderly, frontline workers, exercise some basic safety measures and plow forward.  

Most Americans are wise enough to know that the risks are tiny for the great majority of the populace and they aren't going to continue destroying their way of living and livelihood over something that has this tiny of a death rate for working class folks.   We're willing to take that risk but what we aren't willing to do is get conned by the elite technocratic health experts and ideological tyrannical elected politicians who are willing to step on your rights but not for those who support their preferred causes.

It's a farce!

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2