The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

4 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

He is sticking to the script.

...TIME OUT....you're a bit too harsh...there are some that MUST rely solely on "the script"...they have NO ability to think on their own...look at the leash marks on their necks....

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So, in other words, you are unwilling to re-examine or rethink your position on this matter -- numbers be damned. 

Got it. 

You got that from what I posted?

I am watching the behavior of people vs case and hospitalization counts.

So far I saw exponential case rises slowed by widespread shut downs. And I see reopenings now being followed by increasing hospitalizations. The initial case spread took a long time to slow post slowdown and it is taking a long time to rise post opening.

The numbers pictures will continue to get clearer with time as we reopen more. I did not want to shut down initially. I don’t want to do it again. I’m just watching the numbers and hope hospitals can cope. 

You are in search of a conspiracy of some sort and prefer that to the numbers. I get that—the numbers can be hard and contradictory and take time to see play out. 3 days won’t show the result of reopening or the protests. 

Edited by shoshin

10 minutes ago, shoshin said:

You got that from what I posted?

I asked you a direct question -- and you equivocated. 

So yes, that's the summation of your position at this moment: "the danger the virus posed was not over-hyped, it was handled well, and nothing will move me from that."

11 minutes ago, shoshin said:

You are in search of a conspiracy of some sort and prefer that to the numbers.

It's not "being in search of a conspiracy" to point out how if there isn't major, and I mean MAJOR, spikes from these protests (which started 12 days ago) this week then something is funky about what we've been told. 

That's empiricism, not being conspiratorial. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I asked you a direct question -- and you equivocated. 

So yes, that's the summation of your position at this moment: "the danger the virus posed was not over-hyped, it was handled well, and nothing will move me from that."

If that’s what you think I said, good on you. 

But you’re wrong. The danger was over-hyped BY SOME. It was mishandled BY SOME. It was also under hyped by some. And it appears to have been handed well by some. 

Maybe there’s no simple narrative to pull through this. 

Keep watching the data. 

I don't know how anyone can look at the data the last 2 weeks and not say we should be full open.

We are going to wait around and experiment with the kids going back to school in late August and hope for the best.  Or implement a disastrous online learning system to start the year for potentially no reason.

We need to get everyone out there right now.  If we need to stop (we won't) we are best to do it late summer then once school starts and the first reports of "oh no someone has it shut it all down!"  

And if you don't want to go out then stay home.  

And what happened to that 3,000 deaths a day projection by June 1 like 5 weeks ago?

I think we haven't heard from the task force anymore bc they know its nowhere near what they thought or the reports its weakening are true.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

ImageObviously all we have to do is label every large gathering as a protest and Covid-19 will stay away. Just think, if we had known this in February we could have saved us all a lot of trouble. 

You can break quarantine to protest anything you want except...the quarantine itself. It makes perfect sense.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Hopefully with improved testing this can be done moving forward if we get outbreaks we can’t stay ahead of. 

The economy is moving forward no matter what happens.  The lockdowns are over with

• Like (+1) 3

Keep things in perspective, people. We have already accomplished what we set out to do. Flattening the curve to the point that we wouldn't over burden our medical facilities was what our goal was. It's been done. Those at risk should continue to follow the guidelines while the rest should get on livin'. 

• Like (+1) 5

39 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Keep things in perspective, people. We have already accomplished what we set out to do. Flattening the curve to the point that we wouldn't over burden our medical facilities was what our goal was. It's been done. Those at risk should continue to follow the guidelines while the rest should get on livin'. 

F*** the curve!!?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

So, went to Texas Road House here in Watertown NY today. Had outdoor tables under a tent. Had to walk from the car to the tent with a facemask. Then once in the tent at our table we could take our masks off. From the car to the table was the scariest 60 feet in my life! My question is how do they know the virus can't touch me within that tent area? WOW DUDE!!

Edited by fansince88
  • Haha (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

So, went to Texas Road House here in Watertown NY today. Had outdoor tables under a tent. Had to walk from the car to the tent with a facemask. Then once in the tent at our table we could take our masks off. From the car to the table was the scariest 60 feet in my life! My question is how do they know the virus can't touch me within that tent area? WOW DUDE!!

Ancient Chinese Secret.

• Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Covid19 is quarantined until the political season has passed. Hell, it may never some back out.