The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

5 minutes ago, Magox said:

They wont be back and if some states did try they wouldn’t be adhered to and rightfully so.

I believe people will be smarter than that If hospitals get pounded and people start dying at high rates again, politics or not. Both sides injected politics into Covid, which is fine but I hope both can see past it if the time comes when we need to again. 

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

All of this is true but rising hospitalizations has nothing to do with increased testing and case counts. Rising hospitalizations means we are starting to use more of a finite resource and if that rise continues, we will use it up. We need that stat to level. It’s very important. 

Holding 50,000 person mosh pits in the streets may be inadvisable. 

Think of it as rapid herd immunity.

And, the governors might try and lock down again, or delay openings. I doubt they will have the same cooperation they had last time. If people are allowed to protest without a license (can't have a license if the max for gatherings is 10) or riot and loot, it is unlikely law abiding citizens go along with Kill the Economy Part 2.

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Show me the numbers going down when we are back to normal.

Then we can talk about how this is over and a fraud. 

What are you going to do if there's no spike in the next 3 days in multiple cities? Will you reconsider your position and at least be open to the possibility we were all lied to in the most egregious and nefarious of ways? 

The spike should be starting today based on the first wave of protests. Give it three days to be reported... then we'll see what's "real" and what's hype. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What are you going to do if there's no spike in the next 3 days in multiple cities? Will you reconsider your position and at least be open to the possibility we were all lied to in the most egregious and nefarious of ways? 

“There’s no research  about...” Is an outdoor gathering of 50,000 people supposed to miraculously prevent  disease Tx?

See 1918:

https://t.co/RyorwCFy53

And Exponential growth doesn’t work in 3 days, especially as you will have falling cases from the shutdowns passing rising cases from the openings and protests. I’ll be watching hospitalizations in 6 weeks and case counts over the next 2-3. 

The spike should be starting today based on the first wave of protests. Give it three days to be reported... then we'll see what's "real" and what's hype. 

That won’t be long enough. 

It would be fantastic if nothing happens. But hospitalizations rising in states that have reopened makes that kind of magical thinking unlikely. 

Edited by shoshin

Just now, Jaraxxus said:

All truth. Civil, peaceful churchgoers can't gather by the hundreds, but BLM types and their hostage allies can by the thousands?

Tells me one thing: critical race theory is the new American religion.

But the trick, the real trick, is in making you feel like they're in the majority. They're not. By a loooooong stretch. That's one of the media's primary functions in this disinformation war: to convince people watching that the majority think this way. It's a ruse, a con, a hustle. 

That's why November is going to be hilarious.

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

Exponential growth doesn’t work in 3 days. I’ll be watching hospitalizations in 6 weeks and case counts over the next 2-3. 

That won’t be long enough. 

It would be fantastic if nothing happens. But hospitalizations rising in states that have reopened makes that kind of magical thinking unlikely. 

10-14 days to become sick. 

We're at day 12. 

Either a spike happens or it doesn't. 

And if it doesn't... there will be VERY tough questions to tackle. 

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

But the trick, the real trick, is in making you feel like they're in the majority. They're not. By a loooooong stretch. That's one of the media's primary functions in this disinformation war: to convince people watching that the majority think this way. It's a ruse, a con, a hustle. 

That's why November is going to be hilarious.

10-14 days to become sick. 

We're at day 12. 

Either a spike happens or it doesn't. 

And if it doesn't... there will be VERY tough questions to tackle. 

You have seen the rising hospitalizations in the south and southwest, no?

Rises precede spikes. That’s exponential math. Hopefully it doesn’t happen. 

Edited by shoshin

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

You have seen the rising hospitalizations in the south and southwest, no?

I have. 

That's not due to protests. If this bug is as dangerous as we've been told -- dangerous enough to justify shutting down a multi-trillion dollar economy and ravage people's means of supporting themselves and their families -- then we should see an exponential spike starting this week. Especially considering how vulnerable the black community has been to this bug.

If there isn't a major surge (and I hope there won't be), then everything we've been told should be rightfully questioned and re-examined. 

Because it will be proof that we were lied to. In a pernicious way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I have. 

That's not due to protests. If this bug is as dangerous as we've been told -- dangerous enough to justify shutting down a multi-trillion dollar economy and ravage people's means of supporting themselves and their families -- then we should see an exponential spike starting this week. Especially considering how vulnerable the black community has been to this bug.

If there isn't a major surge (and I hope there won't be), then everything we've been told should be rightfully questioned and re-examined. 

You are telling the sheep herder that he has no future role. That is a no-no.

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I have. 

Thanks DR. That's how taking this after next week i'll have more a idea. Trying not to say much with no proof at the moment. After next week know more.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LMAO...good luck with that......there were skeptics abound with the first one.....and now ANY concern for Covid-19 vanished and NEVER to be rekindled despite Fauci's warnings in the current climate...protesting and violence will prevail......back to the 60's, BILLIONS AND BILLIONS spent later (political answer regardless of party is throw money at the problem(s) as the solution)....what's changed?....

I agree. There will be no second shutdown unless extreme force is used. We have been screwed by enemies foreign and domestic.

4 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

I agree. There will be no second shutdown unless extreme force is used. We have been screwed by enemies foreign and domestic.

...wonder if Excellus BCBS can deny coverage for social ignorance?.......paging Cellino & Barnes...........

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"15 Days to slow the spread...."

We're on Day 82.

The biggest breach of trust in recent history.

You are quoting Trump. It was a stupidly optimistic and naive thing to promise. 

And...no one believed Trump when he rolled it out but he did it anyways. 

Edited by shoshin

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...wonder if Excellus BCBS can deny coverage for social ignorance?.......paging Cellino & Barnes...........

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/after-saying-stay-home-save-lives-and-shutting-parliament-trudeau-attends-packed-protest

A little more hypocrisy never hurts.

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I have. 

That's not due to protests.

Of course not. It’s the rising of something, and exponential growth would leave us expecting non linear progression from here. 

If this bug is as dangerous as we've been told -- dangerous enough to justify shutting down a multi-trillion dollar economy and ravage people's means of supporting themselves and their families -- then we should see an exponential spike starting this week.

Not how this works as falling cases may continue to occur and obscure rising ones. That’s why 3 days is an inaccurate window by a lot. 

Especially considering how vulnerable the black community has been to this bug.

Yes yes. The rising hospitalizations in reopening areas are what to watch now. That is a real and reliable data point. 

Keep an eye on that in the cities especially like Philly in a month or so. 

It will be excellent if we see no case rise as we reopen but the hospitalizations seem to show that’s not happening.

TBD. I have no doubt people will rush to conclusions in the next week on both sides. 

Just now, shoshin said:

Of course not. It’s the rising of something, and exponential growth would leave us expecting non linear progression from here. 

Not how this works as falling cases may continue to occur and obscure rising ones. That’s why 3 days is an inaccurate window by a lot. 

Yes yes. The rising hospitalizations in reopening areas are what to watch now. That is a real and reliable data point. 

Keep an eye on that in the cities especially like Philly in a month or so. 

It will be excellent if we see no case rise as we reopen but the hospitalizations seem to show that’s not happening.

TBD. I have no doubt people will rush to conclusions in the next week on both sides. 

So, in other words, you are unwilling to re-examine or rethink your position on this matter -- numbers be damned. 

Got it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1