The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

My family's late June annual trip to Hawaii was just cancelled by Hilton last night.  The entire State of Hawaii has had a total of 17 deaths throughout this entire 'health crisis' and they are projecting being closed down for another month.  Really?  And this is a State in which each of the islands are separated by miles and miles of open ocean.  As they say over there...."Oh Brudda"

They are preventing people from coming in to avoid community transmission.

19 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

My family's late June annual trip to Hawaii was just cancelled by Hilton last night.  The entire State of Hawaii has had a total of 17 deaths throughout this entire 'health crisis' and they are projecting being closed down for another month.  Really?  And this is a State in which each of the islands are separated by miles and miles of open ocean.  As they say over there...."Oh Brudda"

Poor you! 

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

Let me guess: A massively successful immunologist and vaccine developer is the wrong guy to lead Project Warp Speed because something, something. 

Scientists and successful capitalists = enemies. 

Who should be in charge komrade? A guy on Youtube? 

English please.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

Вам не нравятся успешные капиталисты и ученые, komrade. 

Try watching it again at half speed if it helps.

Try not to get triggered this time. Your narrative is still safe.

22 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Try watching it again at half speed if it helps.

Try not to get triggered this time. Your narrative is still safe.

I asked if you could confirm my prediction about the video without watching it: A massively successful immunologist and vaccine developer is the wrong guy to lead Project Warp Speed because something, something.

I feel pretty confident that I got it right!

19 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I asked if you could confirm my prediction about the video without watching it: A massively successful immunologist and vaccine developer is the wrong guy to lead Project Warp Speed because something, something.

I feel pretty confident that I got it right!

If you don't want to watch the video, then don't watch it. I am not interfering with your daily public service announcements to manage the herd. If the material is silly, why the fuss from such an astute individual as yourself who refuses to even watch it? If you don't like where the public narrative is beginning to trend, that is not my problem. I am sure the "science" of climate change is indisputable in your book also, which isn't my problem either.

I am typically not a Monday morning sort of Quarterback sort of analysis sort of guy.

But this was entirely avoidable.  Amazing how the media isn't honing in on this.

Actually, it's not amazing, it's wholly predictable.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

I am typically not a Monday morning sort of Quarterback sort of analysis sort of guy.

But this was entirely avoidable.  Amazing how the media isn't honing in on this.

Actually, it's not amazing, it's wholly predictable.

History is likely to show that they knew exactly what they were doing. They are "experts" of course. Then again when experts are wrong and there are casualties, some will rationalize away the result as merely a "miscalculation".

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

If you don't want to watch the video, then don't watch it. I am not interfering with your daily public service announcements to manage the herd. If the material is silly, why the fuss from such an astute individual as yourself who refuses to even watch it? If you don't like where the public narrative is beginning to trend, that is not my problem. I am sure the "science" of climate change is indisputable in your book also, which isn't my problem either.

Just tell me how I did. I see some guy in a T-shirt on YouTube and it appears he’s talking about one of the most successful people in immunology and vaccine development in the country. Did I predict it right that he thinks the super successful business guy and scientist is a bad guy for the job? You seem to hate the successful and scientists so I’m just taking a guess! 

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Just tell me how I did. I see some guy in a T-shirt on YouTube and it appears he’s talking about one of the most successful people in immunology and vaccine development in the country. Did I predict it right that he thinks the super successful business guy and scientist is a bad guy for the job? You seem to hate the successful and scientists so I’m just taking a guess! 

Why take the childish and hyperbolic route? You big pharma propaganda guys are all the same. If you don't care about international criminal networks operating and laundering money through the Clinton Foundation, the Clinton Health Initiative, the Gates Foundation, and bioweapons development tying it all together in Wuhan through gain of function research, then you are either complicit or intentionally ignorant. If you think my postings make me an anti-capitalist, then you are just practicing your finely honed PR skills. Time is on my side on this subject. If you don't like what I post now, you are really going to hate what I post over the coming months. By all means, cover your ears and close your eyes in the presence of what you disagree with. That is what intelligent people do, correct??

8 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Why take the childish and hyperbolic route? You big pharma propaganda guys are all the same. If you don't care about international criminal networks operating and laundering money through the Clinton Foundation, the Clinton Health Initiative, the Gates Foundation, and bioweapons development tying it all together in Wuhan through gain of function research, then you are either complicit or intentionally ignorant. If you think my postings make me an anti-capitalist, then you are just practicing your finely honed PR skills. Time is on my side on this subject. If you don't like what I post now, you are really going to hate what I post over the coming months. By all means, cover your ears and close your eyes in the presence of what you disagree with. That is what intelligent people do, correct??

...WARNING: voice of reason stuff like this recommends wearing a kevlar vest 24/7..........sad isn't it?........

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...WARNING: voice of reason stuff like this recommends wearing a kevlar vest 24/7..........sad isn't it?........

The strange part is being labeled anti science and anti capitalist. Due to non-disclosure and teaming agreements, I have to be careful with what I say, but my bread and butter is in the technology side of things, and I believe in profits with ethics. Good luck to you sir, and I hope your business survives and thrives after this. For those that can weather the deflationary pressures that are inbound, I believe we will have success again. Trans-national criminal organizations are the true global epidemic. They can only kill us once.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

ART OF THE DEAL: 

U.S. secures 300 million doses, almost a third, of potential AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.

If Trump were a Democrat, we’d be hearing about this everywhere as evidence of his forward-leaning strategy. Since he’s Trump, we probably will barely hear about it at all, unless someone can find out that he has fifty bucks worth of AstraZeneca stock in a mutual fund somewhere and charge him with self-dealing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

The strange part is being labeled anti science and anti capitalist. Due to non-disclosure and teaming agreements, I have to be careful with what I say, but my bread and butter is in the technology side of things, and I believe in profits with ethics. Good luck to you sir, and I hope your business survives and thrives after this. For those that can weather the deflationary pressures that are inbound, I believe we will have success again. Trans-national criminal organizations are the true global epidemic. They can only kill us once.

...realistically though, aren't science and capitalists the ideal "antis" in something like this?.....scientists seem to be worst case doom and gloom gang whereas capitalists are more optimistic.....if, IF this pandemic is an overreaction, scientists disappear while capitalists thump their chests...in the meantime, we suffer because of warring factions.......I'm concerned about the least addressed of "in betweens".....for example, what are the socioeconomic effects of these shutdowns?....familial financial deterioration (yet the fault of those living paycheck to paycheck?), increases in depression, suicides, spousal violence, et al?.....or how about social skills of children being away from the classroom since March?...is "pressed into service" of home schooling as effective as "live in the classroom instruction"?......just don't see where "all things considered" is actually a "consideration"...

• Like (+1) 1