The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doctors-raise-alarm-about-health-effects-of-continued-coronavirus-shutdown

This is so true. I’ve already had my routine bloodwork as well as a dermatologist visit as a follow from a biopsy last year canceled.   My wife has had a mammogram skipped as well. I don’t understand this at all. Today I met with a client who is an ER nurse. She said they built tents to care for the influx of patients that “never came”.  They’ve laid off 40% and the rest are being forced to work part time and take PTO if they meed too. The P in PTO is personal. This isn’t personal time. 

31 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doctors-raise-alarm-about-health-effects-of-continued-coronavirus-shutdown

This is so true. I’ve already had my routine bloodwork as well as a dermatologist visit as a follow from a biopsy last year canceled.   My wife has had a mammogram skipped as well. I don’t understand this at all. Today I met with a client who is an ER nurse. She said they built tents to care for the influx of patients that “never came”.  They’ve laid off 40% and the rest are being forced to work part time and take PTO if they meed too. The P in PTO is personal. This isn’t personal time. 

A friend of mine had to go to Brazil just to get the cancer removed from her thyroid. 

Polarized bickering aside, it would be great if we were able to develop a test to identify when someone was acting as a "super spreader" and shift into quarantining them when they are infectious. 

Also, shut up when you're taking to me! (Being loud spreads more virus than talking softly!?!)

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05/why-do-some-covid-19-patients-infect-many-others-whereas-most-don-t-spread-virus-all

Edited by Motorin'

3 hours ago, GG said:

But even those are not mandatory.  Highly suggested, and will bar your kids from certain schools and activities, but not mandatory.  The main difference is that measles and polio don't mutate in the same way that corona viruses do, nor do you have to worry about individual physiologies of the subjects.   

What about private businesses?  Particularly healthcare workers, food services, hair salons, etc...?

5 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

All part of my reasoning that the cure is worse than the disease.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes we have given the option. Only 1/3 of my staff has chosen to come back. 

We reopen my Southern California HQ on June 1st with a new seating chart giving my staff more room around each workstation (thank goodness we’re able to do that). We’ll have other precautions in place but masks are not mandatory. 

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

We reopen my Southern California HQ on June 1st with a new seating chart giving my staff more room around each workstation (thank goodness we’re able to do that). We’ll have other precautions in place but masks are not mandatory. 

My office footprint is set up so all of my 15 staff members can work with plenty of space. We can put several in our client meeting rooms until clients are allowed (or want to) come back. 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

My office footprint is set up so all of my 15 staff members can work with plenty of space. We can put several in our client meeting rooms until clients are allowed (or want to) come back. 

Outside the office meetings will continue to be interesting for a bit. We’ve actually discovered that most meetings are far more productive over the internet. You save hours of time driving around and you can share your screen so people tend to focus more. I’ll be anxious to see if our clients don’t actually prefer that format going forward. 

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Outside the office meetings will continue to be interesting for a bit. We’ve actually discovered that most meetings are far more productive over the internet. You save hours of time driving around and you can share your screen so people tend to focus more. I’ll be anxious to see if our clients don’t actually prefer that format going forward. 

Tell a client “we can do your meeting and you don’t have to fight the 405 traffic.  You don’t have to get a sitter” are good things. Telling them they don’t even have to put pants on?  DONE!!

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Tell a client “we can do your meeting and you don’t have to fight the 405 traffic.  You don’t have to get a sitter” are good things. Telling them they don’t even have to put pants on?  DONE!!

Most of my clients are in the public sector and many of them figure ‘heck, if I have to be in my office, I’ll make the consultant drive to me’ but we’ll see if that changes in the post Covid world. I sure hope so. I service clients from Oxnard to Indio. It’s a lot of driving with less than ideal productivity. The beauty of the shut down has been that I’ve been able to drive all over Southern California with zero traffic!

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Most of my clients are in the public sector and many of them figure ‘heck, if I have to be in my office, I’ll make the consultant drive to me’ but we’ll see if that changes in the post Covid world. I sure hope so. I service clients from Oxnard to Indio. It’s a lot of driving with less than ideal productivity. The beauty of the shut down has been that I’ve been able to drive all over Southern California with zero traffic!

When I first started we’d do house calls. Never ever again for me. I still have staff that do and I ask why. Most say because their clients are old. Well good luck going to client’s homes now.