The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

52 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Of course there are. So? There are more cases of EVERY disease than we actually ever know. We don’t test everyone for everything, every day.

This^^We’ve known this for quite awhile with Coronavirus. There are so many asymptomatic cases, and so few people actually seeking tests now that the “ official” case count is a fraction of actual cases. We also know the death count has been vastly overcounted due to hospital reimbursements and government directives. I wonder how many times Tibs has gotten tested lol 

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

The caretaker we have helping out with my elderly mother  just got back from NC last nigh(Visiting her terminal sister last week). She said that in NC only about 10% of the people were wearing masks.  Stupid people.  This is nowhere near over.  I'll be wearing a mash for several more months to protect my mother.

I agree with masks, distance, sanitizer until we have herd immunity. But the govt can't force it too much, some people just need to be stupid.

20 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

I never suggested I was the smartest, and reading false docs isn't helpful, just wonder what is Donald's position is this morning. 

ps....smart enough to spot a paid agent of the re election campaign. 

Oh, trust me, no one thinks of you as smart. Let alone the smartest. But it takes stupidity to a new level to ask a question about a document you yourself can read. The fact you're afraid to read it, because it's "false" shows you're even dumber than you give yourself credit for. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

For the mask lovers...

Don’t like this at all. The media will push this as a great idea. Some Gov’s will require these. Restaurants/ bars should do distancing and disinfect often . That’s it. Went to Ohio this weekend , they allowed patio dining. Servers wore masks, but not customers. It was great. No one needs to dine in at a restaurant or go to a bar. I’d sign a waiver before I’d wear that thing. 

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

For the mask lovers...

Wouldn't it save them a lot of time and money in development to realize the same thing can be achieved, with the same amount of risk, by just lifting your mask when you want to put food in your mouth?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Warren Zevon said:

Video of DR at Costco

My take..Costco is a private company, they have a right to demand a mask, this dude has a right not to wear one and shop elsewhere. Whats I missing?

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

So you admit there are more cases than the official count is stating, right? 

Prolly by a factor of 20-50X according to many studies. Which is a good thing as it means that an overwhelming number of people that contract the virus will not die from it..and that is awesome news all the way around i would think

1 hour ago, Warren Zevon said:

Unfortunately her firing makes that a reality. 

how do you know why she was fired? Please point me to where it states that in the article. She writes an email to her colleagues saying that was the case, , but then refuses comment to the paper. What if she was fired for cause, let's say failing a drug test or embezzlement or a myriad of other reasons, and just wanted to save face.

45 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I agree with masks, distance, sanitizer until we have herd immunity. But the govt can't force it too much, some people just need to be stupid.

this is 100% accurate in terms of stupid people LOL

2 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

Video of DR at Costco

I think Rhino understands he does not have the right to force a company to do as he wants. The mask is the equivalent of making someone wear a jacket at a nice restaurant, as a private company it can choose to force the point and lose out on some sales while gaining others.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

More good news from Florida.  

Florida is leading the way.

From DeSantis:

On May 18, the 64 original Phase I Florida counties reported roughly 23,000 test results with 402 new cases for a positivity rate of 1.75%. The positivity rate for 5/18 for all counties including Miami was 1.9%

Image may contain: text

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

More good news from Florida.  

Florida is leading the way.

From DeSantis:

Image may contain: text

Hospitalization rate over time is getting to be a better measure now that there are more tests available. Hard number to get ahold of here in PA. They have some daily numbers but they tend to suck in accuracy. 

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

Hospitalization rate over time is getting to be a better measure now that there are more tests available. Hard number to get ahold of here in PA. They have some daily numbers but they tend to suck in accuracy. 

The best metric there is to gauge Virus infection prevalency within a community is the positive test rate.   Hospitalization is an important metric to gauge whether or the hospital systems are stressed.   Two different metrics that point to two different conclusions.   The positive test rate is the best leading indicator.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Magox said:

The best metric there is to gauge Virus infection prevalency within a community is the positive test rate.   Hospitalization is an important metric to gauge whether or the hospital systems are stressed.   Two different metrics that point to two different conclusions.   The positive test rate is the best leading indicator.

Case counts when accurate are the best indicator for sure.

Once there is adequate testing, the % positive means less because you're presumably catching more of the cases in the total positive results. Not sure where we are on the curve of when the pos % declining meant a lot to it meaning less but we are someplace on that continuum right now. 

2 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Case counts when accurate are the best indicator for sure.

Once there is adequate testing, the % positive means less because you're presumably catching more of the cases in the total positive results. Not sure where we are on the curve of when the pos % declining meant a lot to it meaning less but we are someplace on that continuum right now. 

Just stop it.

You keep trying to find arguments with me and I keep posting things that show you are wrong over and over and over.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4