The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Just now, LB3 said:

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep it." Presidents make statements that don't bear out all the time. You just don't care when it's a D doing it.

Related question. How many fainting couches does President Trump make you go through weekly?

Another poster terrified of answering.

9 minutes ago, Kemp said:

One more non-answer.

I am fine discussing anything if you can first address whether Trump lied or not as to what I posted. It's a simple solution to go on to other topics.

I don't have information about who was tested. I can tell you that I take issue with the wording again. The quote given was in relation to the travel restrictions from Europe specifically, but the truth section says that all Americans returning to the country were not tested. If they weren't returning from Europe (or presumably China) then they wouldn't have been subject to the testing based on the actual context.

Edit: I read the CNN link. Their claim is that they weren't tested, they were just funneled to specific airports and subject to enhanced screening. I would imagine that to some people's interpretation, that screening involved several tests. But they weren't the specific tests CNN expected, so it's false.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Magox said:

Can we just discuss the virus in this thread?    There are so many other threads for people to discuss Trump.     

If you haven’t figured it out by now, everything is about defeating Trump in November. The virus story vanishes on the first Wednesday in Wednesday. Mark your calendar! 

The other day, one of my co-workers mentioned that Cuomo was scheduled to start laying out in more detail his plan for reopening the state, today. Does anyone know if that's still on the docket? Google hasn't been kind to me. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I don't have information about who was tested. I can tell you that I take issue with the wording again. The quote given was in relation to the travel restrictions from Europe specifically, but the truth section says that all Americans returning to the country were not tested. If they weren't returning from Europe (or presumably China) then they wouldn't have been subject to the testing based on the actual context.

Trump said they would be quarantined if they tested positive and they weren't even tested.

By not testing, he allowed people with the virus in. He lied. Do you really not understand that?

2 minutes ago, LB3 said:

The other day, one of my co-workers mentioned that Cuomo was scheduled to start laying out in more detail his plan for reopening the state, today. Does anyone know if that's still on the docket? Google hasn't been kind to me. 

Wednesday, November 4th. See my comment above.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Are you saying Trump was incorrect in his bluster?

Is that an odd way of saying he lied?

No. I'm saying people say things that end up being wrong all the time. He said something. He was wrong. The guy has always exaggerated. Making a statement that doesn't bear out isn't lying. Unless you suffer from TDS.

Just now, Kemp said:

Trump said they would be quarantined if they tested positive and they weren't even tested.

By not testing, he allowed people with the virus in. He lied. Do you really not understand that?

I edited and expanded my response. It would seem that, rather than asking a follow up question of what kind of testing are we talking about, they'd rather assume and then fact check it later as false.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kemp said:

Let me get this straight. You’re citing CNN as a source for legitimate news? Hilarious! You have no idea who was tested and who wasn’t. Back a few weeks ago, testing consisted of taking people’s temperature. You know for a fact that wasn’t being done? 

Just now, LB3 said:

No. I'm saying people say things that end up being wrong all the time. He said something. He was wrong. The guy has always exaggerated. Making a statement that doesn't bear out isn't lying. Unless you suffer from TDS.

He told us what his policy was. It turned out to not be true. That's what a lie is.

He was the one responsible for what he said. No one else. He's in charge and didn't do what he explicitly said he would do.

That's a 100% lie, no matter how much you want to dance around it.

This particular lie caused Americans to die. To me, that's a serious repercussion. It's not a lie about whether he likes candy or not.

He's in charge and he lied about something that has now affected all of our lives.

What could be a more devastating lie for the people of America?

Then again, he says he takes no responsibility for anything. Great leadership.

10 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Yeah ok that’s true but......

ORANGE MAN BAD!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

He told us what his policy was. It turned out to not be true. That's what a lie is.

He was the one responsible for what he said. No one else. He's in charge and didn't do what he explicitly said he would do.

That's a 100% lie, no matter how much you want to dance around it.

This particular lie caused Americans to die. To me, that's a serious repercussion. It's not a lie about whether he likes candy or not.

He's in charge and he lied about something that has now affected all of our lives.

What could be a more devastating lie for the people of America?

Then again, he says he takes no responsibility for anything. Great leadership.

He said they would be tested. What specific testing would take place? Unclear. What is clear based on the CNN link in the truth section you quoted is that they were funneled to specific airports and subject to enhanced screening. One of the measures of the screening was probably testing their temperature. I would also wager that, if travelers showed obvious symptoms they were quarantined.

31 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Did Trump do what he claimed in the post?

The only possible answers are yes he did or no he didn't. 

What is the lie in his statement?  

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Was that your interpretation of Obama saying you can keep your provider?

I kept my provider. Well I did change because my company did. I have a question. What the hell does this have to do with the conversation in this thread. Seriously man go for a walk. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

He said they would be tested. What specific testing would take place? Unclear. What is clear based on the CNN link in the truth section you quoted is that they were funneled to specific airports and subject to enhanced screening. One of the measures of the screening was probably testing their temperature. I would also wager that, if travelers showed obvious symptoms they were quarantined.

I admire a lone attempt to answer.

Since we know with 100% certainty that people came in with the virus, there must be proof of a lot of them being quarantined. 

If you could provide a link to that, it would be helpful 

I haven't come upon that info.

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What is the lie in his statement?  

I kept my provider. Well I did change because my company did. I have a question. What the hell does this have to do with the conversation in this thread. Seriously man go for a walk. 

I have pointed out the lie 3 times.