The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Q-baby! said:

The cult won’t even click the link. 

I did, its crap. no facts

"The claim: The coronavirus would weaken"   -  Not a lie

"The truth: It’s too early to tell if the virus’s spread" -  not a fact

Stopped reading at that point, I won't read that garbage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Partly my fault for feeding the trolls.

Fact or editorial?

Quit ducking.

When: Multiple times
The claim: The Trump White House “inherited” a “broken,” “bad,” and “obsolete” test for the coronavirus.
The truth: The novel coronavirus did not exist in humans during the Obama administration. Public-health experts agree that, because of that fact, the CDC could not have produced a test, and thus a new test had to be developed this year.

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You can keep trying to resuscitate this sucker, but it’s over! Thank goodness. It could’ve been a lot worse.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Reading comprehension is a challenge today. I didn’t say you were incorrect. I said the death count is WAY WAY down. Which it is!

No - you said "but it's over!

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Fact or editorial?

Quit ducking.

When: Multiple times
The claim: The Trump White House “inherited” a “broken,” “bad,” and “obsolete” test for the coronavirus.
The truth: The novel coronavirus did not exist in humans during the Obama administration. Public-health experts agree that, because of that fact, the CDC could not have produced a test, and thus a new test had to be developed this year.

*****WIT. I've responded to that twice. Use the little wheel in your mouse to scroll up and find the two responses.

Either that or go play in traffic. I'm good with either.

15 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I admit, I didn't click the link so maybe there is context I don't have, but I have multiple issues with the portion you copied alone.

1. The claim is generically stated as being said multiple times rather than a specific time and source. This is probably because nobody made this particular claim. Lots of people made 2 different but similar claims, which takes me to number 2. If you can find someone who specifically said that the Trump admin inherited bad tests from the previous administration, I'd love to see it.

2. The claim seems to be the combination of parts of two different claims.

One of those claims is that the Trump WH inherited the depleted PPE stock, which was blamed on Obama as the 'truth' implies. There was ample time to resupply prior to 2016. There were also 3 years for Trump to resupply.

The second claim is that the tests put forth by the WHO were bad. I believe the tests were developed in Germany, but the ones we would have received were going to be manufactured in China. Trump decided to try to do the tests here instead of taking them from the WHO, and they failed due to a bad blank IIRC. If he were to direct blame for this, it would likely be towards China as he didn't trust them, and to a lesser extent the WHO.

3. The 'truth' section is certainly factually accurate. But it has no relation to reality or any actual claims as far as I can tell. When he has blamed Obama it has been for things that actually happened. Now Trump may have a share of the blame in those things, like the PPE scenario, but they happened. He has been blaming China for lots of things for at least a decade.

Nice of you to make an attempt to answer his question in an intellectually honest, civil way. Others have as well.

He'll just keep asking the same question as if it has never been answered....

He's like the little boy in the back seat on a trip: Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Gary M said:

I did, its crap. no facts

"The claim: The coronavirus would weaken"   -  Not a lie

"The truth: It’s too early to tell if the virus’s spread" -  not a fact

Stopped reading at that point, I won't read that garbage.

Thanks for admitting your cult affiliation! 

17 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I admit, I didn't click the link so maybe there is context I don't have, but I have multiple issues with the portion you copied alone.

1. The claim is generically stated as being said multiple times rather than a specific time and source. This is probably because nobody made this particular claim. Lots of people made 2 different but similar claims, which takes me to number 2. If you can find someone who specifically said that the Trump admin inherited bad tests from the previous administration, I'd love to see it.

2. The claim seems to be the combination of parts of two different claims.

One of those claims is that the Trump WH inherited the depleted PPE stock, which was blamed on Obama as the 'truth' implies. There was ample time to resupply prior to 2016. There were also 3 years for Trump to resupply.

The second claim is that the tests put forth by the WHO were bad. I believe the tests were developed in Germany, but the ones we would have received were going to be manufactured in China. Trump decided to try to do the tests here instead of taking them from the WHO, and they failed due to a bad blank IIRC. If he were to direct blame for this, it would likely be towards China as he didn't trust them, and to a lesser extent the WHO.

3. The 'truth' section is certainly factually accurate. But it has no relation to reality or any actual claims as far as I can tell. When he has blamed Obama it has been for things that actually happened. Now Trump may have a share of the blame in those things, like the PPE scenario, but they happened. He has been blaming China for lots of things for at least a decade.

This is Trump blaming Obama for coronavirus:

"For decades the CDC looked at, and studied, its testing system, but did nothing about it," Trump tweeted early Friday morning. "It would always be inadequate and slow for a large scale pandemic, but a pandemic would never happen, they hoped. President Obama made changes that only complicated things further," Trump tweeted.

"Their response to H1N1 Swine Flu was a full scale disaster, with thousands dying, and nothing meaningful done to fix the testing problem, until now.

The changes have been made and testing will soon happen on a very large scale basis. All Red Tape has been cut, ready to go!" Trump said.

Trump didn't specify what "changes" Obama made. According to experts, there weren't any

Just now, Warren Zevon said:

What STORY are you talking about? Most of us (Sans DR, Hedge and a couple others) live in reality. 

It appears you jumped in a bit late Warren, so let me refresh. My post, that you’re trying your best to kidnap, is that the news story has run its course. Don’t believe me? Go back five or ten pages here and you’ll read virtually NOTHING about Covid 19...and this is the pandemic thread!