The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Just now, Kemp said:

He's doing the same things.

You expect one person in three plus years to completely change a machine that big and that dysfunctional?  Hell we’ve been try is to make changes with our company of 200 people for the past three years and it’s hard as hell 

And you will likely find the majority of the Conservatives here are unhappy with some of the things he’s done.  But he’s, in my opinion, more conservative than the others he ran against. Why he became the nominee. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Don’t look now people but the Covid 19 story is over. We’re all going outside! 

I am headed to Home Depot to pick up some material and I am literally going to spend the rest of my day outside!

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

You’re welcome to hold to that opinion if you’d like. His supporters see him as eliminating regulations, cutting taxes, reinforcing law and order, strengthening the military, and NOT bombing foreigners. Pretty simple stuff really.

My taxes have gone up alarmingly since he took over, based exactly on his personal actions. Same for all of my friends in NYC. Reinforcing law and order when he eggs on carrying guns into state houses to threaten government officials? How exactly did he strengthen the military, other than saying he did? Actually, he has bombed foreigners. And you left out what he's done to the national debt.

Just now, Kemp said:

My taxes have gone up alarmingly since he took over, based exactly on his personal actions. Same for all of my friends in NYC. Reinforcing law and order when he eggs on carrying guns into state houses to threaten government officials? How exactly did he strengthen the military, other than saying he did? Actually, he has bombed foreigners. And you left out what he's done to the national debt.

What were you saying about ranting?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

What were you saying about ranting?

You still don't understand what ranting means.

I calmly laid out what he's done. You seem to think that disagreeing with you equals ranting.

Which parts of what I wrote do you think are not facts?

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Maybe your taxes went up because due to Trump you’re better off and making more money. ?

But seriously I’d like to know why your taxes have gone up. 

Something to consider guys. Sit-down restaurants (generally speaking) make their profits from the liquor and wines that they sell to go with their steaks and salmon dinners. Selling food without liquor for most restaurants is a losing proposition. If capacity is reduced in-house then less liquor will be sold. No amount of takeout food will make up for the loss of alcohol sales. In all reality, restaurants need to be able to get back to actual capacity in order to stay viable. Now, some of you may want to dispute my contention by using the pizza and sub shop example. They don't have to sell liquor because they have built their profits into their business plan sans liquor. They get away with it because the price point for a carryout pizza or sub is relatively low. The sit-down restaurant will have a difficult time raising prices enough to cover up for reducing their capacity by 50%. So, choices in the future will be to find a way to get our restaurants back to actual capacity or have them be the havens of the elite. 

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Where to start? I live in California and yes my taxes went up, not down, because he eliminated the ridiculous deduction for State taxes...a loophole that leftist States were using to avoid paying their ‘fair share’ of federal taxes. I’m hoping NY and California will come back around. 
As regards to bombing foreigners, I’m guessing that Trump has done less bombing than any President since the bomb was invented. I may be wrong (not sure about Carter)...but he’s right up there.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Maybe your taxes went up because due to Trump you’re better off and making more money. ?

But seriously I’d like to know why your taxes have gone up. 

A perfect example would be my mother who is long retired. She hasn't paid taxes in 20 years until Trump came into power. Last year, she had to pay $1200. She doesn't work and is not in the stock market, so there's no change in her situation.

He has cut taxes of corporations, while the taxes of those in NYC and New Jersey have gone up drastically. That's factual, not opinion based. Even my friends who are Trump supporters won't dispute this.

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Where to start? I live in California and yes my taxes went up, not down, because he eliminated the ridiculous deduction for State taxes...a loophole that leftist States were using to avoid paying their ‘fair share’ of federal taxes. I’m hoping NY and California will come back around. 
As regards to bombing foreigners, I’m guessing that Trump has done less bombing than any President since the bomb was invented. I may be wrong (not sure about Carter)...but he’s right up there.

Carter made a lot of speeches and every one was a bomb. One of his best speeches had to do with not solving the actual energy crisis but to put on an additional sweater and turn off your lights. 

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

A perfect example would be my mother who is long retired. She hasn't paid taxes in 20 years until Trump came into power. Last year, she had to pay $1200. She doesn't work and is not in the stock market, so there's no change in her situation.

He has cut taxes of corporations, while the taxes of those in NYC and New Jersey have gone up drastically. That's factual, not opinion based. Even my friends who are Trump supporters won't dispute this.

You haven't been following along. Deductions for such things as all real estate taxes were previously allowed. Certain states would just raise RE taxes to astronomical amounts because they were deductible on federal taxes. Trump put a limit on that but he's not to blame for the poor practices of your state. Just to piss you off, the worst states are all run by Democrats. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Why don't you want to pay your taxes?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

You haven't been following along. Deductions for such things as all real estate taxes were previously allowed. Certain states would just raise RE taxes to astronomical amounts because they were deductible on federal taxes. Trump put a limit on that but he's not to blame for the poor practices of your state. Just to piss you off, the worst states are all run by Democrats. 

As Cuomo recently pointed out, the Blue states tend to pay the federal government every year, while the Red states tend to take money from the federal government every year. The Blue states keep the red states afloat.

When there is a natural disaster in Red states, the Blue states never vote against sending them aid. When NY gets hit, McConnell doesn't think they should be helped.

Now, who hasn't been following along?

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I'm pleased to read this.  No offense to your Mom but everyone should pay Federal taxes, something.  If one person pays, we all pay.  We all vote too.

As for the change to SALT deductions, that hit primarily upper wage earners and people with greater net worth. A better way to handle it IMO would be to eliminate any deduction for state taxes in the fed tax code and reduce fed taxes to offset that. 

Just now, keepthefaith said:

I'm pleased to read this.  No offense to your Mom but everyone should pay Federal taxes, something.  If one person pays, we all pay.  We all vote too.

As for the change to SALT deductions, that hit primarily upper wage earners and people with greater net worth. A better way to handle it IMO would be to eliminate any deduction for state taxes in the fed tax code and reduce fed taxes to offset that. 

Glad to hear that you believe everyone should pay their fair share, so why do corporations and the rich manage to escape their fiscal duties, even under Trump the reformer?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Glad to hear that you believe everyone should pay their fair share, so why do corporations and the rich manage to escape their fiscal duties, even under Trump the reformer?

Don't worry. The poor still don't pay.

Flat tax is the only way.