The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

If even one racist remains we must communize.

Don't worry, the commies will save them.

Why are you so crazed about Communism when no one has raised the issue in regards to Covid?

12 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

But that aint opening it, it is trying to middle it, which IMHO, will only prolong the inevitable. As I have said , I 100% support the decisions that have been to date in terms of closing etc based on the data that was avaialble then. But new data is suggesting a change in approach is needed and warranted. 

BTW, i am no expert, but I suggest @Chef Jim could weigh in on just how many restaurants can survive at 50% of capacity, same with so many businesses, including universities. Who gunna pay the rent? The company thats owns the building, how they gunna pay their bills? They go out of business, how their employees gunna eat?

Death rate gunna go up? Yep, no doubt. To levels that one would think is worth abandoning our way of life and people like me seeing their retirement go up in smoke? No freaking way.

If we want to do the above as you suggest, lets not middle it and just shut down the whole shooting match for 3 weeks. Give everyone two days to gather essential food items and medical supplies, then dont allow anyone outside except for health care workers.

Not sure where you live, but in Richmond VA yesterday..a state supposedly in a strict lockdown, every freaking store was packed yesterday  not just grocery stores, but the mattress store, the granite counter store, the foot insert place, the nurseries were vertible hot spots so crowded.

Lets just stop the pretence of being locked down and get on with it

Same here in WNY, Walmart was packed. I agree about restaurants not being able to make it on 50% but on the other hand if the all clear was given, how many won’t return because of fear? And schools? Packing people in like sardines? Sporting events? Doubt that. 

But I agree, we can’t do this forever. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Oh brother! Did I say ALL Americans? Give it a rest Kemp. It’s beyond boring.

They see and read what they want man. I lived in the Bay Area for 9 years. In the middle of the left of the left. All they want to do is fight. 

Oh brother! Did I say ALL Americans? Give it a rest Kemp. It’s beyond boring.

No, you said Americans, not some Americans. You don't understand the difference?

Say what you mean.

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

95% of restaurants fail in the first year in the best of times.   I mentioned yesterday we went to Palm Springs and it was surreal to see all these closed business and no cars parked in a normally packed downtown Palm Springs.  Many people that have put their life’s savings, blood sweat and tears into their business (Not just restaurants) are going to lose everything. It will be very interesting to see how history treats this whole thing. 

We were out there last weekend Chef. Palm Springs closed down early in the pandemic. It’s actually more open now than it was a few weeks ago. They’re going to be severely damaged by the cancelled music festivals. They’ll hope they can limp through the slower summer season to make it across until the Fall.

Just now, Kemp said:

No, you said Americans, not some Americans. You don't understand the difference?

Say what you mean.

And there’s the difference. To the modern Left, if one makes a general statement it has to come with subtitles and footnotes so that no one dare be offended by the over generalization of the language. Right there Kemp....your comments are EXACTLY the reason why Americans voted for Trump. We’re exhausted from the PC rhetoric! Use whatever bathroom you’d like.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Holy hell!  You’re ranting about racism in a thread about Covid. He’s a parody poster. What’s your excuse?  

I didn't bring it up. I responded to a comment about it. Please point to my rant about racism.

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Say what you mean.

Yes Americans.  It was implied that he meant some. So what you’re saying is the thinks ALL Americans are racists?  What is wrong with you?  Give it a rest. ?

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

And there’s the difference. To the modern Left, if one makes a general statement it has to come with subtitles and footnotes so that no one dare be offended by the over generalization of the language. Right there Kemp....your comments are EXACTLY the reason why Americans voted for Trump. We’re exhausted from the PC rhetoric! Use whatever bathroom you’d like.

I think you mean "peek into whatever bathroom you'd like."

It's  not my fault that you can't write clearly. 

It's also telling when someone turns a conversation into serial matters.

21 minutes ago, Kemp said:

My point was pretty clear. It was a response to the statement that no one in America is against diversity.

Who said NO ONE in America is against diversity?  

Me thinks doth rant too much. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes Americans.  It was implied that he meant some. So what you’re saying is the thinks ALL Americans are racists?  What is wrong with you?  Give it a rest. ?

It wasn't implied at all. 

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I didn't bring it up. I responded to a comment about it. Please point to my rant about racism.

And he was responding to comments of the social policies many would like to see implemented during this epidemic.

What's the difference? Other than his comments were much more intelligent and made more sense than yours. Of course, that is low bar to hurdle....

Edited by billsfan1959

Just now, Kemp said:

It's  not my fault that you can't write clearly. 

It's also telling when someone turns a conversation into serial matters.

I made statements that you know to be true. I believe you’re the one that veered off the road trying to nitpick the comments to fit your overly tired racist agenda. Happy to continue the discussion if you’d like to get back on the pavement. I’ll wait.