The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Standing in line to enter Wegmans - 200 deep with people all wearing masks - you think we are better off today than four years ago?

Nope. 

What did Trump’s intelligence tell him?

What did he ignore? 

Edited by snafu

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You’re right - I’m not one of the 60,000 plus Americans who are dead because Trump ignored his intelligence in November and December. 

...says the guy standing in line with 200 people OUTSIDE spreading disease when he should be home under his bed. Your grip on irony is profound. I like you.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BillStime said:

Go do your own research.

My research says that the WHO didn't have evidence of human to human transmission until the end of January. What intelligence did Trump have in November that either the WHO also ignored, or that trumped their information? Surely you have a specific and concise answer...

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

My research says that the WHO didn't have evidence of human to human transmission until the end of January. What intelligence did Trump have in November that either the WHO also ignored, or that trumped their information? Surely you have a specific and concise answer...

Fauci knew.

On 1/24/2020 at 2:17 AM, Hedge said:

Posting for 2nd tweet.

File this under: "We already know that CNN spreads disease."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------

On 1/24/2020 at 8:08 AM, Warren Zevon said:

As @Hedge alludes to with his tweets, this situation is most concerning because of the lack of accurate information coming out of China. Here's a video I found on Reddit supposedly from a hospital yesterday... https://streamable.com/l5zmh - scary

On 1/26/2020 at 9:32 PM, Hedge said:

Here are three posts from the first pages of this thread (late January).

Notice the third post — this seems like the first time (January 26) that China said asymptomaic humans could transmit the virus to other humans. Why some people come here to post that ANY politician ignored evidence that simply didn’t exist in November and December is beyond me.  There’s not much to do if you don’t know that you need to do anything.

7 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

You do realize the flu season doesn't last 12 months, right? During the 2017-2018 flu season, the CDC estimated there were between 60,000 - 80,000 flu related deaths and most of those occurred during a 16 week stretch where deaths were at or above the epidemic threshold - which means over 7% of all deaths during those weeks (between 3,000-4,000 per week) were flu related.

This virus may be worse; however, quit acting like the flu is nothing at all.

If they counted flu deaths the same way they are Covid 19 deaths that season would've confirmed 15,620 deaths from flu strains that 2017-2018 season which was the highest this century.  The flu aint got nothing on this.

38 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

...says the guy standing in line with 200 people OUTSIDE spreading disease when he should be home under his bed. Your grip on irony is profound. I like you.

Oh man you are triggered. 

Sorry - these masks aren’t a good look on Trumps presidency. 

More and more of this data is backing up what I was saying a couple months ago, which is that I thought the mortality rate would be in between .25% - .5%  

This is really good news and should absolutely be guiding policy maker decisions.

A UPMC doctor on Thursday made a case the death rate for people infected with the new coronavirus may be as low as 0.25% — far lower than the mortality rates of 2-4% or even higher cited in the early days of the pandemic.

Dr. Donald Yealy based it partly on studies of levels of coronavirus antibodies detected in people in New York and California, and partly on COVID-19 deaths in the Pittsburgh region. The studies found that 5-20% of people had been exposed to the coronavirus, with many noticing only mild illness or none at all, he said.“We’ve learned that way more people, far, far more people have actually been exposed to the infection without any knowledge of it. That makes the overall death rate much lower,” said Yealy, who is UPMC’s chair of emergency medicine. “Many people just didn’t feel sick at all and recovered without difficulty.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh man you are triggered. 

Sorry - these masks aren’t a good look on Trumps presidency. 

I happen to think that the mask looks great on you. Thank you for reminding me to vote Trump in November. Good man.