The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

25 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

This is a good example of consider your source. You cited two very liberal sources. And their sources are “two people close”. That isn’t very reliable. A couple of things that immediately refute that “news”. First, Trump loves to hear himself talk. He will never, ever skip airtime. Second, he knows he is behind Biden in the polls. Third, he can see that Biden cannot really handle himself under pressure. Two examples off the top of my head is when he was confronted by the factory worker regarding the 2nd amendment. In that he threatens to slap the guy, calls it an AR-14, and makes a few other mental lapses. Second example would be when his teleprompter went off during his recent speech from his house. He was clearly shaken and did not know anything about a subject he had reportedly spent weeks researching and gathering facts on. 

Add that together and there is absolutely zero chance Trump doesn’t get on the debate stage against Biden. I would bet every dollar I have that Trump debates Biden. 

Don't believe the polls. Purportedly Trump campaign polls give a completely different story. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Don't believe the polls. Purportedly Trump campaign polls give a completely different story. 

Come now, the polls predicting a Hilly blowout in 2016 were dead-on...

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

Libs can’t seem to remember the Coronavirus events from the past 3.5 months accurately. To expect them to remember how much their polls were off 3.5 years ago seems like a stretch.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I especially like the makeup of their polls. 1000 people polled, 500 democrats, 300 republicans and 200 independents. Biden leads Trump by 4%. Gotcha. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...could be a "cabin fever revolt" in the offing as reopening news is not to liking by many IMO...………..

I'd believe it. I am pretty anti-social (I'd say I am a misanthrope) and there are days when this lock down gets to me and makes me want to go out and about in society. :unsure:  For normal human beings who crave interaction with others, this has got to be torture. I won't even go into the economic repercussions and how that is playing out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, njbuff said:

We survived 9/11 over here and this virus is going to take forever to recover from? I don't buy it.

This is having a way, way, way, way worse effect on the economy. It's not even close. 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

De Blasio on Fox just said July/August is when NYC can start to think about opening up again. 

:lol: 

Never. Gonna. Happen. 

Insanity. A little taste of authoritarianism and these "leaders" really go all in, don't they?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

De Blasio on Fox just said July/August is when NYC can start to think about opening up again. 

Never. Gonna. Happen. 

For me not going to make projections. Everyone seems to get it wrong. Could be or could not. Way too early to talk about July or August for covid19.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Never. Gonna. Happen. 

The Philly mayor said closed through the summer a few days ago. He's since been more coy about his wording, seeming to say that he meant we won't be back to something like "normal" until then. But his original statement was that the shutdown would last through the summer. 

Setting aside the economic grey goo that would result from that long of a shutdown, it's just not necessary. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

For me not going to make projections. Everyone seems to get it wrong. Could be or could not. Way too early to talk about July or August for covid19.

If Covid-19 is strongly around in July and August, we will still be back to work. The economy just can't wait that long. 

But if we are back to work in July/August AND Covid is running rampant, then you can really look to your politicians, who got both the closure and reopening wrong. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Never. Gonna. Happen. 

But he has full confidence that the feds will give NYC billions to make up their budget deficit. Maybe he should have thought about that when he was encouraging people to go out on the town as late as March. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

The Philly mayor said closed through the summer a few days ago. He's since been more coy about his wording, seeming to say that he meant we won't be back to something like "normal" until then. But his original statement was that the shutdown would last through the summer. 

Setting aside the economic grey goo that would result from that long of a shutdown, it's just not necessary. 

If Covid-19 is strongly around in July and August, we will still be back to work. The economy just can't wait that long. 

Agree man with economy.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Agree man with economy.

With the exception of really hot spots still burning on May 1, I would think we better be reopening that first week in May to have any shot at a sub 2-year recovery. 

And that's ready or not. Put on the masks, install the apps, social distance the F out of yourself whenever you can and however you can, set up dedicated covid wards for testing and treatment...but get all the plans lined up and open 'er up. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

But he has full confidence that the feds will give NYC billions to make up their budget deficit. Maybe he should have thought about that when he was encouraging people to go out on the town as late as March. 

He actually amended the NYC budget downward $6B. No idea who's getting a layoff notice or what services will be cut.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

He actually amended the NYC budget downward $6B. No idea who's getting a layoff notice or what services will be cut.

Wait until we all see our federal and state tax bills for the next 5 years. You thought the state and federal government spending was responsible before this hit? Ha!

Edited by shoshin

Anything short of everyone walking around looking like Heisenberg cooking a batch and getting sprayed down as they enter work/restaurants/any public place will be a failure in terms of number of deaths without a vaccine. 

I’m calling it now. With these differing reopen dates between states, the first states to open will be flooded with job applications from people in locked down states. If Democrat governors get too cute with their dates, people will flee their states at even greater rates.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

I haven't worked since March 13th.

It freaking feels like March 13th of 1999 since the last day I worked.

I don't know how you other jobless folks are doing, but my insanity button is about to be pushed. ?

We survived 9/11 over here and this virus is going to take forever to recover from? I don't buy it.

I go into work two days per week now. I have very little to do other than to be here in case of an emergency.

I'm not sure what's more boring, not working for 5 days straight, or getting out of the house to go to work... and do next to nothing for 8 hours.

• Thank you (+1) 1