The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

4 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Irrelevant. Are they necessary for survival?

Are liquor stores or pot dispensaries?  Heck, there's a dollar store that's still open nearby.

Adm. Brett Giroir, the assistant secretary of health (ASH), told Breitbart News exclusively on Tuesday that the federal government is developing a broad-based effort consisting of wide-scale testing, surveillance, and contact tracing to be able to control the spread of coronavirus once the president makes the decision to reopen America.

....yikes.

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

But are they necessary?

A church, as a building, has never been necessary. It's just a building.

But forcing people to stay away from that building while letting those same people gather in another building erected for a different purpose like, say, selling lottery tickets, is the issue.

Not that I would expect you to understand that.

• Like (+1) 2

Trump up

Mnuchin reached an agreement with the major airlines for a payroll support program.

Instructing his administration to halt funding to WHO!

Sounds like they are gonna look into WHO for full accountability.

He's hammering WHO on how they responded to the coronavirus and listened to China.

WHO was not timely, accurate, or transparent.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

WHO failed in the basic duty to tell the truth. They failed to investigate Wuhan sources that conflicted with China.

WHO parroted and endorsed that there was not human-to-human transfer.

WHO did not get scientific samples from China.

The world received all sorts of false info from WHO.
The doctors that disappeared in China is very concerning.

Had the WHO done its job to get (something) into China, it could have saved thousands of lives, and prevented economic damage. They took China at face value.

(Note: all this is paraphrased, he's reading off notes and so going fast)

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

WHO failed in the basic duty to tell the truth. They failed to investigate Wuhan sources that conflicted with China.

WHO parroted and endorsed that there was not human-to-human transfer.

WHO did not get scientific samples from China.

The world received all sorts of false info from WHO.
The doctors that disappeared in China is very concerning.

I'm looking forward to the hammer that is coming down.

• Like (+1) 1

America and the world has chosen to rely on the WHO for accurate and timely reporting.  If we cannot rely on them, we will have bo choice but to look elsewhere for (something).

So much death has been caused by their (WHO) mistakes.

All of the aid we send will be discussed with influential medical and political people. We will be discussing with other countries. Maybe WHO will reform? Maybe they won't?

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

That's like comparing apples and oranges rocks. Your comparison means nothing. Just to play along, if you had to catch either of the viruses which would you choose?

Of course they are not the same , just a statement of fact 

The "political correctness, over lives," when he talked about closing flights to China when the rest of the world delayed, is gonna leave a mark.

There are 10K ventilators in the federal stockpile ready to go if there is a surge.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

The "political correctness, over lives," when he talked about closing flights to China when the rest of the world delayed, is gonna leave a mark.

Man...you sure getting your money’s worth out of that Trump blow up doll you bought huh?

• Haha (+1) 1

Adam (somebody) working on a program to allow hospitals to lend ventilators when needed. He's naming some big places (like Cleveland clinic, mayo clinic). This is a virtual reserve, along with the federal reserve, will ensure no American who needs a ventilator is without one.

Trump: met with leaders of hospitals and hospital associations. Partnering for the ventilator reserve (what the Adam-guy did).

Dynamic Ventilator Reserve Program

He's got some big name heads of hospitals up there now.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, GG said:

Speaking of the Singaporean myth, especially in applying it to the US ....

Had a chat with a colleague there this morning, and she gave a quick recap.

The city-state had stellar precautions with a hard & fast response early on.  Those efforts worked initially, and the city wasn't totally clamped down.   However, a second wave just hit, largely from foreigners and the city is on full lock down now, when it wasn't for the first wave.  New case growth is double digits after they thought it was contained.  Now the border is shut completely, everyone is required to wear a mask, no group gatherings are allowed and the extreme contact tracking is in force.   She said that life was fairly normal there until a week ago.  

Someone had better start the messaging that we’re all going to see a second “spike” in cases some time after re-opening the economy. 

To me, it’s a given.

• Like (+1) 2

FDA has now authorized the first saliva test (from Rutgers) . They will be processing 10K daily..

Cheerleading for the economy.

Plans for reopening are close. He's gonna be speaking to all 50 governors, and authorizing each of them (individually) to reopen their state as most appropriate.  Close... maybe before the date of May 1st.

Says 20 states are in good shape. The federal government will be watching closely when they reopen, and will be there to help.

We will hold the governors accountable, but we will be working closely with them.

• Like (+1) 1

The list of people for that reopening task force will be available tomorrow. They will meet by video (phone?). He's naming some now: a lot of food, farms, agricultural, banking, construction, unions,  builders, contractors, defense contractors, energy...

Sounds like a united nations of companies/industries across the United States.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

He wants to get sports back.  (I agree!) Sounds like a separate call.

I'm not sure if he's yapping about who he has had conversations with, or who he intends to have conversations with. I think I lost the plot.

New calls. He just clarified.
Religious people too so they can get churches reopened.

Some states can open very soon... almost immediately.

He just mentioned "end of April" for some, or sooner. Others will take a longer time.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

He wants to get sports back.  (I agree!) Sounds like a separate call.

I'm not sure if he's yapping about who he has had conversations with, or who he intends to have conversations with. I think I lost the plot.

New calls. He just clarified.
Religious people too so they can get churches reopened.

Some states can open very soon... almost immediately.

He just mentioned "end of April" for some, or sooner. Others will take a longer time.

Really think wait until end of April and see how thing's go before then for all the states. Go from there.

• Like (+1) 1