The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 hours ago, Albwan said:

...or Joe will become president, and his handlers will jump right back into bed with China

Republican, Democrat, general population, when this things over everyone is heading back to Dollartree, Walmart etc.. to buy cheap crap from China.  As a population we are now hooked on it.

1 minute ago, driddles said:

Republican, Democrat, general population, when this things over everyone is heading back to Dollartree, Walmart etc.. to buy cheap crap from China.  As a population we are now hooked on it.

China needs to pay a price once this thing is done.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, driddles said:

Not me.  I'd rather have 1 good thing than 10 crappy things.  If I can't afford a good thing right now, I save up for it until I can. Imagine that.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The world needs to decide that.

The price I wanna see them pay is not in the cards.

No price is in the cards.

The world economy is going to be in tatters when this thing is over. Shunning the world's second largest economy makes zero sense whatsoever. 

The Western World have 2 months to prep for this, and for the most party every single country sat around and did next to nothing. 

Edited by jrober38

Just now, jrober38 said:

No price is in the cards.

The world economy is going to be in tatters when this thing is over. Shunning the world's second largest economy makes zero sense whatsoever. 

We will see what happens.

We just have to get thru this. 

But you folks in here want to make this political, which helps no one anywhere.

We have to do our parts to get thru this without even a hint of stupid politics not being involved.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

We will see what happens.

We just have to get thru this. 

But you folks in here want to make this political, which helps no one anywhere.

We have to do our parts to get thru this without even a hint of stupid politics not being involved.

When billions in stimulus packages are involved it's going to be political. 

Dr. Birx assessment today that the data says that people are not following the social distancing guidelines the way they should is extremely concerning. 

Following those guidelines got them to 100,000 to 240,000 deaths. If they're not being followed it could be a lot worse than everyone is hoping for. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

Dr. Birx assessment today that the data says that people are not following the social distancing guidelines the way they should is extremely concerning. 

Following those guidelines got them to 100,000 to 240,000 deaths. If they're not being followed it could be a lot worse than everyone is hoping for. 

That's why I said we have to do our part to get rid of this virus and it has NOTHING to do with politics.

LA just had its first confirmed case on Skid Row. That's going to be a major problem out there. 

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

That's why I said we have to do our part to get rid of this virus and it has NOTHING to do with politics.

LA just had its first confirmed case on Skid Row. That's going to be a major problem out there. 

It's going to be a major problem everywhere. 

Anytime it infects a vulnerable population like that it will be bad.

I'm extremely worried about Florida and their older population. I can't believe they waited as long as they did to take decisive action. 

The whole country needs to be shut down for 30 days and Trump needs to deliver an emergency address to the nation as though the country was just attacked by another country/terrorists/whatever. 

Shut it down for 30 days, quarantine the sick, and give the healthcare system a fighting chance if it's not already too late. 

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

It's going to be a major problem everywhere. 

Anytime it infects a vulnerable population like that it will be bad.

I'm extremely worried about Florida and their older population. I can't believe they waited as long as they did to take decisive action. 

The whole country needs to be shut down for 30 days and Trump needs to deliver an emergency address to the nation as though the country was just attacked by another country/terrorists/whatever. 

Shut it down for 30 days, quarantine the sick, and give the healthcare system a fighting chance if it's not already too late. 

Everyone who goes outside should be wearing masks and gloves. That part is not that difficult.

58 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

What is your prognostication Dr. jrober38? Are you still in the "millions and millions are going to die" range you were so certain about earlier in this thread? Is it just a million now? 500,000?

From all of your posts on this particular point, you seem to be an expert in this area, so, please give us your estimation and what data you are using to reach your conclusion?

• Thank you (+1) 1