The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

I know this putting me dangerously close to wild conspiracy theory territory if not firmly in that camp, but I’m starting to wonder if this was done intentionally by China to attack the US and other Western countries by spreading fear and destabilizing the economy. Yesterday when @GG was asking about why new cases in China have all but disappeared when it is projected longer elsewhere I came up with a few possibilities:

1) it actually started in China longer ago than we’ve been led to believe, which is why it is on the downswing there.

2) China is lying about the number of new cases.

3) China already knew about a cure/vaccine and has started administering it to their population.

1 seems reasonably plausible, although if that were the case it seems it would have spread to the rest of the globe faster than it did. 2 I think is the Occam’s razor answer, but 3 is where things get interesting. Especially in the context of China’s recent behavior like trying to blame the US by saying it was a bio weapon the we released on them and now expelling American journalists who might get too close to the truth, is it too far fetched that they would do something like release a bio weapon on their own people first, sacrificing a few thousand to deflect suspicion knowing they could save the rest, and then just sit back and let the thing spread? Yesterday during the response team update in addition to calling China out for spreading rumors that we started it, Trump seemed to be putting veiled pressure on China with his comments saying they had great incentive to cooperate, which may suggest the administration has reason to believe there’s more than meets the eye there. 

Edited by Chandemonium

9 hours ago, westside2 said:

Are you serious????

This is pathetic and deceptive. 

Never let a crisis go to waste. The left's new motto.

Is it ?? 

Or you just in Lock Step with supporting your party even when there is a clown in charge?

6 hours ago, whatdrought said:

So, I’m uninformed on a lot of the details of all of this, so don’t take this as me kicking a hornets nest, but here’s something I’m wondering.

We’ve been told that this is a very deadly disease that spreads very rapidly. But we’ve also been told that a good portion of people who get it are asymptomatic. Furthermore, we’ve been told that there isn’t a proper amount of test data as tests have not been available in good quantities....

all that to ask this: when i see death rates, and we see projections of what it can do, I can’t help but look up there and wonder if that amalgamation of (seemingly) missing information makes it harder to predict than people think?

What am I missing with all this?

Nope. You have it right.  

The "It's Only a Flu" group have mishandled this from the start. 

Let me repost this here.  

ETBO8T-WAAIOADl.jpg

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

42 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

I know this putting me dangerously close to wild conspiracy theory territory if not firmly in that camp, but I’m starting to wonder if this was done intentionally by China to attack the US and other Western countries by spreading fear and destabilizing the economy. Yesterday when @GG was asking about why new cases in China have all but disappeared when it is projected longer elsewhere I came up with a few possibilities:

1) it actually started in China longer ago than we’ve been led to believe, which is why it is on the downswing there.

3) China already knew about a cure/vaccine and has started administering it to their population.

1 seems reasonably plausible, although if that were the case it seems it would have spread to the rest of the globe faster than it did. 2 I think is the Occam’s razor answer, but 3 is where things get interesting. Especially in the context of China’s recent behavior like trying to blame the US by saying it was a bio weapon the we released on them and now expelling American journalists who might get too close to the truth, is it too far fetched that they would do something like release a bio weapon on their own people first, sacrificing a few thousand to deflect suspicion knowing they could save the rest, and then just sit back and let the thing spread? Yesterday during the response team update in addition to calling China out for spreading rumors that we started it, Trump seemed to be putting veiled pressure on China with his comments saying they had great incentive to cooperate, which may suggest the administration has reason to believe there’s more than meets the eye there. 

Apparently the stores have not run out of tin foil

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chandemonium said:

And I'm SURE it's a coincidence it started in the city in which the CHICOM do their bio-weapons manufacturing.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

4 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

No, they have. That’s why I couldn’t block the mind control conspiracy waves from entering my brain. Do you even understand how tinfoil hats work? 

You’re likely arguing with someone who bought the “Trump is a Russian agent”” narrative spun and perpetuated by his political ruling class for 4 years.  While many here correctly identified the nature of that early on, for those that didn’t, the evidence that the game was over very early on is available for public consumption.  In essence, those that were fooled were duped by a modern day McCarthyesque plan, which goes to show you, there are no new ideas, just new simpletons that fall for them.

I have most definitely considered that the Chinese intentionally created and released the virus, that they would willingly sacrifice their citizens to change the international narrative and hurt-or destroy their enemies.  I could certainly spend a few minutes googling and provide examples of such behavior from the last 100 years or so, but I trust we would all agree that it’s a thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Is it ?? 

Or you just in Lock Step with supporting your party even when there is a clown in charge?

Nope. You have it right.  

The "It's Only a Flu" group have mishandled this from the start. 

Let me repost this here.  

Yes, it is pathetic. There is a national and global crisis going on, the likes of which nobody has had to deal with before. There are people all over this world that have dealt with pandemics and this has overwhelmed all of them. People at the national level have been, and are trying to do everything they can to get through this in the best way possible.

Instead of doing what they can to keep people calm and support efforts to get through this, people like you do all you can to sow seeds of blame and fear. It is absolutely rich that you accuse anyone of being in "lock step" in supporting their party when you and your party can't stop your hyperbole, blame, and fear mongering even in the midst of a crisis.

If people aren't part of the solution, then they are part of the problem and should just STFU.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

I can't see this going months on end without low risk people (virtually everyone) getting very pissed off and defiant. I'm wondering when speakeasy's will start popping up.

My guess is April 1st. ?‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Most of the folks dying were people who were most likely going to die from some infectious disease soon anyway, like the seasonal flu. It's only a clear danger to the elderly, and immuno-compromised people. A vast majority of people will get a cough and that ill be it. A good chunk of this is fear mongering by the click bait media.

Correct. And don't think this isn't an agenda-driven panic, either.

35 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Apparently the stores have not run out of tin foil

What is your explanation for why new Chinese cases stopped cold, when the spread of infections is supposed to last up to a year?

20 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You’re likely arguing with someone who bought the “Trump is a Russian agent”” narrative spun and perpetuated by his political ruling class for 4 years.  While many here correctly identified the nature of that early on, for those that didn’t, the evidence that the game was over very early on is available for public consumption.  In essence, those that were fooled were duped by a modern day McCarthyesque plan, which goes to show you, there are no new ideas, just new simpletons that fall for them.

I have most definitely considered that the Chinese intentionally created and released the virus, that they would willingly sacrifice their citizens to change the international narrative and hurt-or destroy their enemies.  I could certainly spend a few minutes googling and provide examples of such behavior from the last 100 years or so, but I trust we would all agree that it’s a thing. 

I know his posting history. I don’t post that often, but read this forum daily. I’m just having a bit of fun to fight the boredom of being stuck at home, and was honestly more poking fun at myself with that comment. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GG said:

What is your explanation for why new Chinese cases stopped cold, when the spread of infections is supposed to last up to a year?

#orangemanbad

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandemonium said:

While unproven there is certainly room to take what you said into serious consideration.  We would all like to believe in 2020 that no one power would do something quite unethical in the minds of most people in order to shift the balance of power but we cannot simply say that is impossible because the idea scares us.

2 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

I know his posting history. I don’t post that often, but read this forum daily. I’m just having a bit of fun to fight the boredom of being stuck at home, and was honestly more poking fun at myself with that comment. 

I’m not much for conspiracy theory but your post made me think about how the government and the media have been able to get much of the country to VOLUNTARILY be ‘stuck at home’. There’s no blizzard. There’s no rising flood waters. There’s no locusts. No alien machines. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Correct. And don't think this isn't an agenda-driven panic, either.

I'm not sure about that. We were in the NYC area last weekend ?  and on the local news was the ABC news team talking about how "my wife took the kids to the botanical gardens" and the women on the news team were saying they were going to get outside after work since the weather was beautiful, and then the very next segment was CORONAVIRUS and how we were all gonna diiiiiiiieeeeee.... Clearly, they didn't believe what their own news station was selling. The juxtaposition from  the chat-session to the next "news" segment was startling.

After that, they talked about  the first two deaths, moved on to a traffic accident where two died, and then did a CORONAVIRUS YOU ARE GOING TO DIE blurb that was so bad, even my Hubby (who has greater concerns about us all dying from this than I ever will) said, "That is irresponsible fear mongering."

Whether it started with the Chinese trying to kill us all or practice population control on their own, our "msm" trying to crash our economy, or simply for clicks, page views, and TV ratings... there seems to be multiple agendas, prior and currently.

I am not certain how this shakes out. Does Trump get reelected? Does the economy stay crashed (two quarters make a recession)? Will pent-up be energy released and the economy explodes as this virus runs its course?  Does the EU break-up?  Are the globalists done,  or do they lay low for a while?  Does manufacturing come back to all First World countries (at least for national security and public health concerns)?

IF there was an agenda or evil force behind this virus and the ensuing panic, it may not turn out the way it was originally assumed it would.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, whatdrought said:

So, I’m uninformed on a lot of the details of all of this, so don’t take this as me kicking a hornets nest, but here’s something I’m wondering.

We’ve been told that this is a very deadly disease that spreads very rapidly. But we’ve also been told that a good portion of people who get it are asymptomatic. Furthermore, we’ve been told that there isn’t a proper amount of test data as tests have not been available in good quantities....

all that to ask this: when i see death rates, and we see projections of what it can do, I can’t help but look up there and wonder if that amalgamation of (seemingly) missing information makes it harder to predict than people think?

What am I missing with all this?

They have other countries as test cases, and a lot of the projections are based on the facts gleaned from places it has already spread 

6 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

Oh, then you’re definitely crazy. ? Carry on! 

• Haha (+1) 1