Best time you ever had at an away game

My best away game was the Steelers playoff game the week after the comeback game. It was a charter bus group from Buffalo. Our bus was "mooned" many times as we came into the stadium. The fans were tough, but after we won, they were very gracious and everyone was yelling at us to go "all the way".

:(

With the best group of away game destinations in years(San Diego, Miam, Tampa & New Orleans), I'd like to know the best(entire trip, not just the game) Bills away game you've been to.

304982[/snapback]

Best away game I had was in 1989, at the Jets for the season finale. Somehow a freind got us 4 tickets to a company box, all food, drinks, beer included. It was freezing cold well below -10 degrees.

The Bills kicked the Jets all over the place 37-0. At halftime as we were sitting in the private box, I saw a few Bills fans in the empty seats, I asked the guy who owned the box if I could invite them in, he said why not, most of his guests had left by then anyway, I walked down and brought these frozen guys in. As they warmed up they thanked us and told us that they were the owners of Gabels and (I forget the other bar, something on Elmwood). The box owners daughter had been rooting for the Bills since she was going to Buff State, she immediately befriended the new Bills fans since they were offering free drinks for us since we rescued them from the cold.

The best part was that the box next to us had many of the Jets wives in it. Everytime the Bills scored I was going wild and getting nuts in our box, and I could look over into thier box and see them getting upset, they were saying goodbyes to each other since they knew some of the wives wouldnt be around next year.

With the best group of away game destinations in years(San Diego, Miam, Tampa & New Orleans), I'd like to know the best(entire trip, not just the game) Bills away game you've been to.

304982[/snapback]

:( I'd say New Orleans, San Diego, Miami and then Los Angeles.

The French Quarter is like a perpetural tailgate party! All of the games have been fun.

Does driving from Rochester to New York and watching a game with the NYCBBBers at McFaddens count as an away game?  :(

305085[/snapback]

I've only seen one BIlls away game, and that was years ago in Carolina during preseason. It was actually the first Bills game I ever saw so I guess that would have to be the best I've seen...

AFC title game in Miami. I happened to be visiting my father in anticipation of the game. We were booed on the way in, had things thrown at us in our seats, and by halftime, the place was almost 50% Bills fans. Miami fans had seen enough and decided (I guess) to beat the traffic home.

Second place was the SB in Atlanta...

I've only seen one BIlls away game, and that was years ago in Carolina during preseason. It was actually the first Bills game I ever saw so I guess that would have to be the best I've seen...

305100[/snapback]

My wife and I went to a night game in Carolina with another couple. He was a Raiders fan, she was from Chicago originally - a Bears fan.

We did some shots out of the bowling ball in the lot which was full of Bills fans, and had a blast tailgating with all of the Bills fans. By kickoff the other couple were full blown Bills fans. It really was a great time down there.

And Flutie and Moulds singlehandedly killing Carolina didn't hurt either. :(

Sept 1999 - Invited out to the Colts game and to stay at Jeff Burris house for the weekend. Larry and I had a wonderful time. At that time the Colts had many former Bills on their side. Bennet, Holmes, Polian, Marchibroda. It was such a great weekend. I dare say it is my fondest memory of my whole life. May sound stupid to many of you but there was such a sense of love and appreciation felt than weekend. I don't even know who won the game. Thurman tore his liver on one of the first plays. I met Payton and Archie Manning in the players parking lot. Dinner at Outbacks after the game with many of the Colts players and just an all around good time.

This was my last vacation with my husband. A week later we found out he had cancer and less than 3 months later he was gone forever.

The RJ-Flutie game in San Diego was an awesome weekend with tons of TSWallers and featured a highly debauched trip to Tijuana led by AKC demanding dollar coronas from the doorman or we weren't coming in, and getting it. IIRC, there was one place where we each threw in five dollars and two hours later we LEFT buckets of iced beer and a full bottle of tequila on our table, and it wasn't because we didn't pound them unmercifully.

The '98 game at San Diego was a great time... right up until Christie missed that chip-shot. Beautiful day. The fans were cool. The chick sitting next to me had binoculars. Her friend was a Charger cheerleader, so she let me borrow the binocs to get a better look. Took the train down to the gas lamp district after the game. If Christie had just made that kick, the day would have been perfect.

The 2002 game here against the Fish was a nice. Nate had a couple of picks and it was an all-around great day.

there was a Sunday niter here in Tempe, AZ against the Cards a few years ago. it was pretty fun! especially when Henry Jones took their onsides kick back for a TD to ice it.

305032[/snapback]

I was there, that was a great game. Lots of fun in Tempe too.

I've been to a few San Diego games, but my favorite away game was last year in Seattle. Great town, cool new stadium and the Bills demolished the Seahawks. I had 50 yard line seats 10 rows up. It was a debaucherous weekend and a total blast.