How is Brady counting 10mil against

theesir

Under his current contract, Brady would count $10 million against the salary cap, but the team has been busy making other moves in the offseason.

I was looking at the Brusci story in another thread and saw there was also a story about Brady and a new contract.

He is scheduled to earn 5 mil this year and will count 10Mil against the cap. How did a 6th round draft pick end up with this rich of a contract? Was he given a new contract after the first Super Bowl?

His comments are interesting. He says anyone with the Pats knows its team before family. He'll be with the team through his contract but will need to decide what's best for him at that time.

I hope he goes to the 49ers or Tampa or some other NFC place :(

I was looking at the Brusci story in another thread and saw there was also a story about Brady and a new contract.

He is scheduled to earn 5 mil this year and will count 10Mil against the cap. How did a 6th round draft pick end up with this rich of a contract? Was he given a new contract after the first Super Bowl?

His comments are interesting. He says anyone with the Pats knows its team before family. He'll be with the team through his contract but will need to decide what's best for him at that time.

I hope he goes to the 49ers or Tampa or some other NFC place :(

304936[/snapback]

he received an extension and has since re-structured that deal twice........he has a lot of leverage this year, and a lot more next year (i believe his cap charge is 14M in '06)........i love the fact he is taking a hard stance against the pats regarding the timing of payments, especially considering he is willing to accept 10M less in bonus money then peyton got.......

pro-bowl apperences increase teh cap hit.. (remember clements's bonus).

and i think SB MVP has a bonus also.

not to mention SB apperences

or how about yardage, or TDs.... all bonuses.

but like the guy said.... restructuring increases a guys cap hit later in his contract, while reducing it at the time.

pro-bowl apperences increase teh cap hit.. (remember clements's bonus).

304967[/snapback]

has anyone ever seen the link between clement's pay increase and his pro-bowl appearance documented?

could it not have been a straight playing time escalator, ala mike williams? he has started from virtually day one and hasn't missed a game in his career.......